Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter January, 2006

Should the game miraculously go ahead, who will win, Real MacDonald or C-Men United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Unfortunately, we shat the be a couple of times earlier in the season which puts catching you guys out of our hands, and I don't see any other teams in 2C taking points off you this season.
I guess we'll just have to thrash you in the quarterfinals of the cup, instead ;)

It's good to see a couple of new clubs doing so well in the league. YFC has played really well this year - you guys have been able to shut down a lot of teams in our division.

Looking forward to getting the cup run started.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strictly Business said:
Punjab Hurricanes 3 PCOV 0

Good game for SPH - controlled most of the play and missed numerous chances. Next up - IFC Zawisza.

Good game by our boys last night. We could have easily potted 5 more. The game was never in doubt and our D played brilliant and didn't allow a single shot on net. Before the season began, most people thought it would be a race b/w us and PCOV. I'm assuming they lost players when they came down to Div.2, which must suck for the players that stuck around. So far to date the best team we played (in my opinion) would have to be Yaletown. They have improved from last year and I wouldn't be surprised if they make a run for promo next year. They have a core and need 2-3 solid additions to make a run.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Dapotayto, can you remove the poll about the 'epic' game that never happened a week ago, or are you going to leave it there for the rest of the season? Also wondering, does anyone know if league suspensions hold for cup games as well?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I could have removed it but I've been too busy skiing at Whistler. Why do you really want it removed though? I suspect it's because more people are selecting MacDonald Realty than yourselves. Ah well, I'll shut 'er down as you have requested.

As for the suspension query, as far as I know, if the league has your player's card they have your player's card. They are not quite organized enough to be hand them back for cup games then recollect them later.

Therapist, liking the avatar, man. Damn, you and her are dead ringers. Even the breasts!

'Rza' Ruddock

Aug 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown 1 - IFC Zawisza 0 (match defaulted). A very frustrating afternoon in the rain with YFC turning up to an face an extemely depleted Zawisza team. Their explanation for only having 4 (yes count 'em 4) players was that half of their team was on a cruise this week. Well thanks lads for the heads up 15 minutes before kick off. A wasted afternoon for everyone that could have been prevented by a simple phonecall before the weekend.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to The Excellent Site, the NK Train is now three games without a win. Could earlier predictions of a mid-season derailment be coming true?
A cogent response from Yomama would be welcome, but one of the usual inane rants from his teammates might suffice...

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 came back, 3 were missing again......anyhow, this should have been our game as the first half we managed to miss about 30 clear chances, lets say nomads got over our half twice in the first half, the second we started bright we two quick goals, than disaster struck, me frozen to a F.ckin icicle, about 30 mins second half had to face a freekick which under normal circumstances i would have saved but since the body just didn't want to move *i didn't*, and than charley managed to get free about 5 mins after managed to get a break away and finished cooly. Props go out to Nomands who played w/ 10 all game and didnt' give up till the end, a tie well deserved, obviously not on our part......I think the team will need to look really deep inside them if they even want to think of a promotion at this point.

undefeated

Dec 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
frankly, it frustrates the hell out of me how we let this game get away. we aren't closing games and that's the bottom line.

GD should've been closed, signed, sealed, and delivered. they shouldn't be on the park with us but they still got a point out of us.

Nomads, we gifted them a pointed today

JB's, good side but still can't and won't compete with us on grass with our team intact, that will be evident soon

The rest is filler for the league and we know that our game with Primo will be the promotion decider...

The train is still on track, it just slowed down for maintainance...

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
undefeated said:
JB's, good side but still can't and won't compete with us on grass with our team intact, that will be evident soon

The rest is filler for the league and we know that our game with Primo will be the promotion decider...

The match of the week is NK vs JB's. NK will obviously be hungry since they've been dropping points as of late. If the JB's bring their "A" game and mentally prepare themselves as pretending that Adanac is a turf field, then the train may run into a brick wall.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
[QUOTE='Rza' Ruddock]Yaletown 1 - IFC Zawisza 0 (match defaulted). A very frustrating afternoon in the rain with YFC turning up to an face an extemely depleted Zawisza team. Their explanation for only having 4 (yes count 'em 4) players was that half of their team was on a cruise this week. Well thanks lads for the heads up 15 minutes before kick off. A wasted afternoon for everyone that could have been prevented by a simple phonecall before the weekend.[/QUOTE]

So if half there players were on a cruise and half showed up, which was 4, then does that mean they only have 8 players on their team? Any idea if these characters will still be on their Club Med cruise this weekend?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont/Burnaby tilt was called off by the ref on Saturday. We dodged a bullet as we had no keeper and we had thought the game was cancelled as of Friday night until the league moved us to Adanac. Needless to say a few of our guys went skiiing and the rest that made it to the field didn't look too ready to take on a Burnaby team that was looking quite hungry. Could have been ugly...

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FC Bytca's analysis was pretty good. We severely outshot them, but couldn't bury our many chances. The free kick should have been saved, but their second goal was pretty clinical. Bottom line: we need to capitalize on our chances. Since hindsight is 20/20, I could say that we should have dropped into a defensive shell after we went up two -nil but the ball was constantly in their end (it didn't seem necessary at the time). Their first goal shocked us, and the second came quickly afterwards...we pushed for the win but again their goalie was making saves or we were spraying the ball wide. The good news? I can happily say that my hands have finally thawed.

Excuse me while I remove the bullet from my foot.

Devils Advocate

Sep 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
undefeated said:
frankly, it frustrates the hell out of me how we let this game get away. we aren't closing games and that's the bottom line.

GD should've been closed, signed, sealed, and delivered. they shouldn't be on the park with us but they still got a point out of us.

Undefeated,what kind of retard are you.what kind of comment is "GD should've been closed, signed, sealed, and delivered. they shouldn't be on the park with us but they still got a point out of us.".they shouldnt be on the park with ye???and who exactly are you like??on a more important point were you even at the game because we were by far the best team that day,we were all over ye and had numerous chances to get the second goal to kill the game but didnt kill it off,are you the so called candian international in the centre of the pitch??or was he even playing??or are you afraid to say which player you were?ye got a dubious(check the dictionary)penalty decision at the end to draw the game,but we dont whinge like you cause these things happen in football.ye are so full of shite it isnt funny.it wouldnt be too bad if ye were actually good but primo are way better than ye.over the last few games ye have been found out and now primo have it in their own hands.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like its an important week this week in 2B. JB's vs NK and Primos vs Nomads. The gravy train could be halted with a loss to the JB's and by a win by the Primos. Should be an interesting weekend across the league. Premier: AFC vs Burnaby in a relation battle, Div 1A has WFC vs Cliff in a game for first along with Temple vs Lobbans in Div 1B. Also Royal United vs City Rangers in another relation game. Good luck to all.

undefeated

Dec 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Devils Advocate said:
Undefeated,what kind of retard are you.what kind of comment is "GD should've been closed, signed, sealed, and delivered. they shouldn't be on the park with us but they still got a point out of us.".they shouldnt be on the park with ye???and who exactly are you like??on a more important point were you even at the game because we were by far the best team that day,we were all over ye and had numerous chances to get the second goal to kill the game but didnt kill it off,are you the so called candian international in the centre of the pitch??or was he even playing??or are you afraid to say which player you were?ye got a dubious(check the dictionary)penalty decision at the end to draw the game,but we dont whinge like you cause these things happen in football.ye are so full of shite it isnt funny.it wouldnt be too bad if ye were actually good but primo are way better than ye.over the last few games ye have been found out and now primo have it in their own hands.

we still have to play you again bud, so hold your horses and save your heart attach. will let the playing do the talking. your goalie is the reason why we didn't beat you that day but we both know if we played 10 games that we would take at least 7...

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
HEY NOW, no need to blame me for anything :( , lets just take think of it like this, they need to go through 10 guys to get to me and if you don't score you don't win, and if you score, its never enough, proven this weekend......

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
undefeated said:

I don't think that any team that draws with Richmond and Nomads should be referring to the rest of the division as "filler", since you've shown that you can shite the bed against just about anyone.
This will be a big weekend for 2B, provided the weatherman is lying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0