Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter March / April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter March, 2006

I'd like to see it in point form in the future. Easier to read.

Maybe you should try something more remedial like:

Attachments

• 0448434970_b.jpg
    0448434970_b.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 58

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Vinnie said:
Is it possible that signmasters is throwing a few games to avoid the hassle of explaing to the league why they do not want promo?

The league frowns on teams that decline promo.

They're not throwing games as it was a tough battle last weekend and they were definitely trying to win. Can't ever see actually throwing a game...would rather win and deal with the league later.

G-Strang

Jan 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

undefeated said:
All year long guys from the JB's and GD's just couldn't shut it... now when it comes to backing it... a clinic is put on...

If that game was a clinic, and in fact you do make it to div 1, I will happily check the VMSL website to see which team you lost to every weekend next year. We would have one had I saved that PK and/or finished any of our chances. Good luck with your efforts however

G-Strang

Jan 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

And no making fun of the fact i said "one" instead of "won", I went to Carson Graham after all

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The JBs still have us on lifetime aggregate by about 15-3. ;)

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

22-6 Acutally with the possibility of one more tilt to help undefeated fill his ego... :D

2000/2001: 3-1, 3-0
2001/2002: 6-1, 6-0
2004-2005: 1-2
2005-2006: 3-1, 0-1, ?-?

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Once this discussion gets moved to the cup section, It should make for some interesting Thomas and his friends related comments in the next couple of weeks. Perhaps the Westside boys will have something to say about it before all is said and done. I am sure that the Rattler is stocking up on crisp supplies as we speak. On a more relevant note... I wonder if Adanac was as crappy as the 33rd and Knight pitch. Clumps of turf everywhere, holes. bumps, sand.... Throw in a 60 year old half blind ref and you have VMSL at it's finest. Very ominous when a Bombastic chap laughed and wished us all luck as he left the field.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

dr.j said:
On a more relevant note... I wonder if Adanac was as crappy as the 33rd and Knight pitch. Clumps of turf everywhere, holes. bumps, sand...
When you have 2 teams whose combined scoring is 79 goals,finish a game in which the only goal comes off a PK..well, that pitch was seen with the candlestick in the library...

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bonefish. Awesome recounting of past game scores. Do you guys keep track of all your past results. I hate to admit it but I have 13 years worth of my hockey team's game sheets. In the VMSL the ref just gives you a copy of the opposing teams roster sheet so the results are largely forgotten. You could always print out the seasons results from the internet I guess. I do however distinctly remember the 6-0, 6-1 lambastings. They are the fire that still feeds. Nico scored the one goal late at Cleveland Park to prevent back to back 6-bagels. Perhaps it was NK's TSN turning point. haha.

Who are the JB's pulling for in the promo race? Bonefish, Mikster,Therapist, even G-Strang lets hear what you wish for and what you think will happen. I dislike reading the tactless posts that seem to but don't truly represent our team. I guess you already know this though having played against us numerous times over the years. I think they are just self promoting but hopefully not intended to be as disrespectful as they come across to be. People are strange.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I have a team web setup and some stats/results going back to 98/99.
We always get a good game from NK. Despite the rantings of a select few, the rivarly is a good natured one.
As for 2B promotion, I think NK has good momentum and if there is a playoff with Primo, their "busy-ness" with league and cup will make the difference.

signed,

-Div2Bridesmaid-

'Rza' Ruddock

Aug 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

slowmotion said:
So let me slow it down for all the NK wanna b's:
You all are running out of games to see if we lose and slowly but surely NK is rising to the top of the table.
That and the fact we get to go to Victoria suckers!!

Wow, I can only dream of going to Victoria.

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Back-to-back games this weekend for NK. I understand that they want to squeeze games in now after cancelling so many, but its such piss timing. Good thing the GD game is first.

bonefish said:
I am glad that you were able to make it through my "summary" but it upsets me that you failed to see where compliments were given. But I will attribute that to the fact that you have difficulties reading much more than a paragraph.
Compliments were due! Besides the point...

Nice quips, though, guys. If only your TTP team efforts translated to sport.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

indeed this is shitty, i am so glad they gave us enough notice as I was able NOT to take that day off and will almost not likely be able to attend this game vs the GDs, I shall try my best (f0ck) what are they doin in the office....

slowmotion

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

[QUOTE='Rza' Ruddock]Wow, I can only dream of going to Victoria.[/QUOTE]

How true is that for you..Victoria may not be that wild for losers it is the destination for this years winners so 'Rza' Ruddock (whats that your jungle name) quit knockin'.

LOSER:D

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

ok, here we go, after whispering sweet nothings to my boss, i managed to squeel out a 3 hour break so i can play :D

I think that calls for some slippery bananas :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

undefeated

Dec 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

pumped about the weekend!!!!!! it's going to be one game now baby!!!!!

Role'em up Role'em Role'em

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

FCBytca,

'Squeel out?' Did you mean squeek out or is this a 'Deliverance' reference? I'm hoping for the former. :D

Game too close to call for tomorrow but I'm going out on a limb for Sunday's match and predicting 1-0 win for NK Hrvat over the Rangers stingy defence.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stop the presses. Real MacDonald just recorded a historic first win, beating the C-Men 4-2. I didn't see what happened, but since we had the game before, I know that C-Men only had eight men at the starting whistle. After earning their first point in the fall against the Roos, it was only a matter of time before MacDonald would put up three. 5th Back, any comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0