Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, October, 2008/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 1 - 1 Demenesh (sp)

Well it was the annual rookie night friday night and 5am came fairly fast. Needless to say we still should've had the three points. We are a much better team than we demonstrated on the day. CS awarded a questionable PK for Demenesh at the end of the first half that had us scratching our heads...I figure he owes me a pint. A bunch of winers, had their moms yelling on the sideline because the game was too physical for their liking-embarassing really.

On to Wickham next week.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well it was the annual rookie night friday night and 5am came fairly fast. Needless to say we still should've had the three points. We are a much better team than we demonstrated on the day. CS awarded a questionable PK for Demenesh at the end of the first half that had us scratching our heads...I figure he owes me a pint. A bunch of winers, had their moms yelling on the sideline because the game was too physical for their liking-embarassing really.

On to Wickham next week.

Questionable? Usually when a guy slides to block a cross/shot with his hands outstretched.......and the ball hits them, it's going to be called a penalty. The best was your captain asking to give you a break and put it outside the line instead of giving a penalty. :D He obviously knew it was a hand ball but hoped I would just move it outside. Overall, a draw was a fair result on the day and I'm sure you couldn't argue that. BTW, who was scratching their heads? When do you want that pint?

Good luck the rest of the year

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

On to Wickham next week.

Watched this game. You guys were lucky in my opinion to even get a point. Your only goal was an own goal off a defender, and they missed numerous chances, highlighted by a sitter only 5 yards away that went over the net. As for the moms comment they had 3 or 4 15 year olds playing, and the style you guys play(rugby) is bound to annoy some people. I am somewhat shocked that you guys are in 2nd, and by watching you, I'd say you'll end up mid pack by years end.

Darkness_7

Aug 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

On to Wickham next week.

Really? Winers eh, you guys didn't have a shot on goal. We scored your goal for you, and you're saying you should have won that game. We had a point blank chance inside the 6 missed, we had your defence running all over the place, and you're saying you guys deserved to win? bahahaha, no seriously i ****ing laughed hard when i read this. You're a bunch of guys that arent fast enough to keep up with most teams in this league, and resort to ankle kicking, jersey pulling and body checking to compensate for your lack of skill. I can't wait to play you guys again, because considering we had kids on the field running circles around you, with a full squad I am confident that the result will be different.

Whats embarrasing is when you come onto this site and talk shite like this.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 2:0 Yaletown FC

Westside took serious advantage of a flat Yaletown FC to go up one in the opening half. Very nice header off of a tight cross to the far post. Probably 85% of the half was in the Yaletown end. Second half saw a bit more even play, but with YFC pressing for an equalizer (but not having much success generating chances) Knights had a few more good chances and managed to muscle in the insurance goal about 10 from time. Knights really moved the ball around well, and certainly the better team won.

The ref was horribly inconsistent, and I don't think either side was happy with him. He made some absolutely brutal offside and advantage calls. I'm all for playing advantage, but to give a 10 count before blowing the whistle leaves everyone scratching their heads.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 2 YFC 0

Pretty fair account from BallKicker on the match report as for the first time this year we had our starting team out for once and it was fairly evident what it can accomplish. Left more than double digit chances out on the field today and Yaletown was fortunate to not have had this game a bit more lopsided than the score dictated. Good group of lads on the Yaletown side of the ball , this game just really leaves the rattler wishing the commitment on the team could have been better for the the first 6 games as it would definately be more reflective in our 2A standing. Good game Yaletown and good luck the rest of the way and we move on to next week vs. the jbs. cheers the Rattler

Spickard

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unicorns 2 UBC 1

Great result for the Unicorns against the joint top of the table. We went a goal down in the first half but rallied in the second with some great commitment from the lads winning the majority of the 50/50 balls. We scored two on the break after beating the offside trap and saw out the game fairly comfortably. UBC are a very quick, young side and pass the ball around nicely but a lack of finishing let them down. Tightly fought contest but I feel as though the result was the right way round.

the_monk9725

Oct 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really? Winers eh, you guys didn't have a shot on goal. We scored your goal for you, and you're saying you should have won that game. We had a point blank chance inside the 6 missed, we had your defence running all over the place, and you're saying you guys deserved to win? bahahaha, no seriously i ****ing laughed hard when i read this. You're a bunch of guys that arent fast enough to keep up with most teams in this league, and resort to ankle kicking, jersey pulling and body checking to compensate for your lack of skill. I can't wait to play you guys again, because considering we had kids on the field running circles around you, with a full squad I am confident that the result will be different.

Whats embarrasing is when you come onto this site and talk shite like this.

I don't know what game you were watching. Lomas were all over Demesh even though we had an off game. It is a shame that an unwarranted PK was called and allowed Demesh tie up the game and get a point in an otherwise well reffed game. Demesh was a bunch of whiners who fought amongst themselves the entire game. It was pathetic, yet funny watching their mommies on the sideline doing all the talking and telling them how they need to play. The one mother on the Demesh sideline was very observant when she yelled that it's soccer and we're not playing rugby. Also, I saw more jersey pulling and cheap shots being given by Demesh players. The only difference is Demesh players were very fragile boys and may wanna consider playing in a youth league if they can't handle playing with the men. LOMAS has a greater level of talent on their team than Demesh gives them credit for. I think Demesh is an overrated team and the LOMAS will have a better result in the rematch.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know what game you were watching. Lomas were all over Demesh even though we had an off game. It is a shame that an unwarranted PK was called and allowed Demesh tie up the game and get a point in an otherwise well reffed game. Demesh was a bunch of whiners who fought amongst themselves the entire game. It was pathetic, yet funny watching their mommies on the sideline doing all the talking and telling them how they need to play. The one mother on the Demesh sideline was very observant when she yelled that it's soccer and we're not playing rugby. Also, I saw more jersey pulling and cheap shots being given by Demesh players. The only difference is Demesh players were very fragile boys and may wanna consider playing in a youth league if they can't handle playing with the men. LOMAS has a greater level of talent on their team than Demesh gives them credit for. I think Demesh is an overrated team and the LOMAS will have a better result in the rematch.

Haha that was a funny post.

You were all over us? The only possession you guys had was when you humped the ball up to the ogre upfront and when he flicked it. After that you guys had nothing. I'd say 60 percent of your "possession" was while the ball was on his forehead.

I'll give you 10 mins to start the game where you had any sustained pressure. And I'd say you had one chance, where you had a free kick and the rebound we cleared off the line. Your only goal was an own goal, so you had 2 shots on net the entire game.

I can understand you not thinking that was a penalty, simply due to your low level of intelligence( its Desmesh not demenesh or demesh you illiterate fool)
If you can indeed read, take a look at CS's post, it might clear the penalty up abit.

As for the mommy statement, there were 4 15 year olds on the field, it's somewhat expected for them to struggle physically especially with a team of hacks on the other side.

If our kids "couldnt handle playing with men" you guys should have rocked us, not luckily get a tie.

Muckerloma has very little skill, the only players with any were the center mids, the rest of your team is bush league.

As for the result, this was the weakest team we have fielded all year with many starters missing. I think you guys on the same level as east van socceroos, and are getting lucky that your "style" isn't costing you guys games.

Hopefully we get guys out to the next game against you guys, I look forward to seeing your excuse/explanation as to what happened against an "overrated team."

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 2 - 1 Kosovo

Kosovo went ahead in the first half off of a neat flick from a free kick. The header was scored by a former NK Hrvat player. :p The second half saw NK fight back to pull even with a cross into the box, where a couple of forwards pounced on an eventual loose ball. The winning goal was a left footed blast from our striker who made his way into the left side of the 18 and fired one in short side. The ref was strict and called a good game but Kosovo might argue this. For the rest of the story, let's just say you had to be there. ;)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least people are giving you guys games now. It will get tough as you go. There is a need of 18 back many times in orther to step it up. Some guys lack bit of second effort.
Still it was a good win.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 2 YFC 0

Good game Yaletown and good luck the rest of the way

Yeah, the game was definitely in good spirit, I'm just pissed we brought such a poor effort to the pitch. We usually save those for cup games. We'll certainly give you guys a little more of a go next time, I'm looking forward to it.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 4 - 9 Sikh Temple:
I expected Sikh to bring it and they did. Well organized and clinical around the net as the score indicates. What I didn't expect was our defensive play to lapse and give up 7-10 breakaways. We could have fielded a stronger lineup tonight but we had players come late and some gametime cancellations. This would not have altered the result but the scoreline would have been more respectable. At any rate, Sikh should be be able to take the division based on what I have seen from the other teams this season. I was the lucky guy to be in net for the onslaught..it sucks being injured. There were 2 goals I would have liked to have back. One on a breakaway that I got a hand to but was unable to keep off the line(butter fingers at the wrong time) and another sky ball from the sideline that found a path to the back of net courtesy of the lights shining in my eyes. The game wasn't really in doubt at that point but damn... Well done Sikh Temple but dont leave promotion in doubt late in the season cause we owe you! :D

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 9 Norvan 4

Good clean game last night. Credit to Norvan, as they never gave up, no matter what the scoreline was. Lots of teams would have folded, but they kept playing hard.

Despite what the scoreline indicates, Bonefish played well in net, as he had no real chances on the goals we scored.

Onto Norwest this weekend.

P.S Bone fish can throw the ball as far as some keepers can kick it!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have most of the older Temple guys who played Div 1 for many years as well as two or three who spent some time playing Premier. This includes Shin, Eddy, Harp, Joey, Sonny D, Rammer, etc. We also have a few young kids thrown into the mix. Our starting lineup has 8 guys over the age of 30.

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Lavy playing with you guys?

And your talking about Joey the center back? I've been wondering where he's been...

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Lavy is playing with our Div 1 team. Yes, that is Joey the centre back. He has been playing in the Pacific Coast League in the summer with Khalsa as he has been very busy with school and work the last few winter seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0