Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, October, 2008/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I used to like TTP when we just made fun of the way people played soccer. Seriously, this is getting old, and out of hand, and not reflective of how the majority of players and fans that night want to remember the game. It was a tough, spirited contest between two highly competitive teams vying for top spot in the division. The referee wasn't stellar, but he also wasn't wearing an all-black uniform (see Mr. Bias, er, Base's comments). We played a game of soccer. Leave the battles on the pitch. If you guys want to talk about politics, religion, race, gangs, or even the price of fuel, start a new thread.

Absolutely spectacular. Gas was only 114.9 today. :)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats the way Capitan. You should have been there last knight. Yomama was calling guys wooses lef and right and he was cleat stamping. Now he wants a new post. The bookies are always funny guys. But i do agree batles should be left on the field. I think ref is still driving home. He must be lost and he is headed to PG. There night be few more red cards at the end of the game. How about the Canucks. They was sure doing some ripps.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huh?

I think we know whos doing the ripps here !And Yommama can I take the Cowboys minus the 4.5 points hahahahaha!

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aryana 0 : 8 Yaletown FC

Aryana showed up with 8, got their 9th man after about 10 minutes (and 1-0 score). Halftime saw a scoreline of 4-0, and it brought Aryana their 10th man. Final was 8-0, with Aryana never even registering a shot. Could have easily been 11 or 12 for YFC. Not much to say, I feel bad for the skilled Aryana players who have to play with the guys who aren't even Div 2 quality and they still don't field a full squad. I get the feeling that if they'd had a few subs, they could have made a game of it.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
These two teams need help. Start by shutting up, then seek help in the english language. Above all..............leave the Scots out of your bumfcking games. We're not involved with you wankers.
I'm sure the croatian community agrees. Slow down and type with dignity, not anger over a div 2 game that means nothing to anyone.

Where is Peter Socceroo?

DerHoots

Mar 8, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama's right. Save the crap for the next time the two teams compete on the pitch. If not apparently water polo is very popular in Croatia, so maybe some differences can be settled in the pool?

As for the fight, i can attest to people trying nothing more then to calm people down, and being rewarded by getting hit in the face. Emotions were high, and it probably wasnt the best choice in judgement, but i can let it go. On that note, maybe some people should consider anger management?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The guy up in that little round house must have a good view with his cam corder.
Was that a guy from CSA looking for a raw talent.
The sad part is that's where kids have to start. Three years later they all quit just because there is no more feet to stand on after games like that and a ref that shoud do little kids games and forger mens game.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aren't both teams Croatian? Why so much dislike between eachother?

You could combine two teams into one strong team, and probably move up and stay in Div 1.

Do any of these two teams have anything in common with Croatian Premier team? I mean, are they like Croatian Premier B team?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a note to the folks posting comments about the NK/HNK game. Your banter is borderline acceptable at some points (topic alignment and personal attacks). If you need to discuss this further with each other, create another thread. Yomma put it best, "Leave the battles on the pitch".

My delete post finger is warming up...

what

Sep 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 2 - 0 HNK

So much for our (NK's) "TTP black-out". It's irresistable when people can make outrageous claims (thanks, Mr Base, for your report) and threats that will lead no where (mcdirty, come on). Anyway, after a game like that, you need calm heads. Even in the forums.

As for the fight after the game, what started it was people mishearing things and getting too aggressive. What kept it going were a couple people on the HNK side that were very hot-headed, some non-comments from harmless NK youngsters, and some actual lip from our side. What kept it from blowing up was the fact that very few people actually wanted to fight and most were holding people back.

TTP shouldn't stand for any 'official account' of what happened between NK - HNK. Take it all with a grain of salt. I have my biases and can't really be trusted either, but I'll do my best - in my mind, the ref did his best to rein in a violent game and wasn't picking sides. Both goals were legit. Absolutely. Both teams at times made careless tackles, but HNK can't deny that in the second half they were constantly head-hunting. The game was physical from the beginning and especially in the second half there was very little "pretty soccer" being played. Friday night lights, an important game, "dozens" of "fans", the loss of their best player, and a 1-0 deficit made HNK go over-the-top, I think. I'm sure they're normally not like that and I hope that the second match will be a lot cleaner from both teams.

"Leave the battles on the pitch" - unless this forum is cathartic. It could save a few bloody noses.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bang on!

Good assesment of the game by What! No threats are being made on my part unless you think me starting a gang consisting of midgets and lepers is frightening!Time to move on and get ready for Pcov ,see ya at training .... I promise!;)

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 1 - 1 Alemania: The rain let up at the perfect time to allow the field to drain and for the most part, the wet stuff stayed away save one or two stops or starts. We were missing 4-5 starters with injuries and the holiday and I imagine Alemania were in the same boat. It was a pretty even game from most accounts with Alemania having a bit more skill and composure but Norvan working hard. Both sides traded some chances at either end before Alemania on a quick counter pass to their speedy forward took the lead on a 40m run and a brilliant left footed finsh that send a curling ball into the far corner. Norvan continued to work hard and were rewarded after a nice set of passes found our outside left back free at the top of the 18 on a well measured run. After stepping the ball into the 18 he drove a hard shot down off the cross bar to knot the game. Second half saw Norvan come out with some composure but the lack of bench began to have its impact and Alemania began to put alot of pressure on our back four. Norvan's defence held and in the last 20 we began to get some more play before 2 injuries to the home team ended any hope of a last push in our search for 3points. It was a well contested game with just a few mistimed tackles but no mal intent. Rene was in the middle of the park and was stern when he needed to be to keep the players in check. (and the jersey's tucked in :D )

So far I would say that UBC has been the toughest team we have faced. (We still need to play Sikh Temple). Hopefully, our injury bug will leave us soon so we can work on an exit plan for leaving the cellar of our group. Not giving up multiple second half goals is a good start.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did see Sikh Temple play. They are a very good side. They even have David Morris on their side. It will be tough game for you Bonefish.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did see Sikh Temple play. They are a very good side. They even have David Morris on their side. It will be tough game for you Bonefish.

Morris plays with the Div 1 team.

Temple 7 - Cliff Ave 2

Not much to say, we scored early, and pretty much knocked the ball around at will. Credit to the Cliff Ave guys who played hard to the final whistle.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be sung to the theme of “Rawhide”

Rollin rollin rollin
The train just keeps on rollin
The one goal against was stolin
Offside

Movin movin movin
To div one we’ll be grooving
Not much left to be provin