Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beaconsfield is a jungle. Reckon there's some folks living there who still don't know WWII is over yet.

David Lam was playable last week but that's not saying much. Their was some dodgy eye-candy for Watcher to drool over though. Really, he's got to recalibrate the radar or at least up the standards a bit. Hundreds of hot chicks in the area and he's making catcalls at the 45 year-old women with three kids and four divorces. Shocking.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
David Lam was playable last week but that's not saying much. Their was some dodgy eye-candy for Watcher to drool over though. Really, he's got to recalibrate the radar or at least up the standards a bit. Hundreds of hot chicks in the area and he's making catcalls at the 45 year-old women with three kids and four divorces. Shocking.

Well said.

One of our guys gave a "heeeyyyy babyyyyy" on a corner. I looked behind the goal at the girl, looked at him, looked behind the goal looked at him again. He then gave me the " maybe a bit thick" line. My response was " i didn't even notice the thickness, i thought it was a dude" Needless to say, i don't let him hang around the u-21's anymore. i am afraid he will make a move on one of them.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said.

One of our guys gave a "heeeyyyy babyyyyy" on a corner. I looked behind the goal at the girl, looked at him, looked behind the goal looked at him again. He then gave me the " maybe a bit thick" line. My response was " i didn't even notice the thickness, i thought it was a dude" Needless to say, i don't let him hang around the u-21's anymore. i am afraid he will make a move on one of them.

:eek:

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The player was still not quite satisfied so he decided to end his season by launching several lugies at the aforementiond offical. I can't see him playing under his current name for a while. He made sure the ref remebered his name at the end of the game by taking a couple of runs at him and telling him how he really felt.

SAIDY, Naser Aryana FC 2 2007-09-17 Indefinite ???

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
DPR 2, Cleos 1

The bright sunshine was nice, but the large potholes at D. Lam were ugly, as was most of the game. Cleos fresh off their win at Swangard this week in their summer league final started with 10 men, but got 11 about ten mins in.
DPR carried the play and had most of the first half chances, but bad passes and offsides didnt make us much of a threat to really score.
Cleos struck first with a dash down field between 2 DPR players and the Cleo Striker, with me getting to the ball first only to clear it so that it hits the Cleo striker in the shin, and the ball bounces past our goalie for an easy tap in by their striker.. ugly, but we paid the price for not converting earlier.
2nd half, our speedy striker broke in and showed uncharacteristic patience and knocked one home, and we held on for the final 40. Cleos got unlucky at one pt as there was an unintentional hand ball in our box, but the ref decided to let 'play go on'. Cleos also took a late red as our striker had a clear break but was hacked down on the top of the box, so I guess that evened things out. Until next week...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice work DPR...and an unintentional hand ball is the same in the box as out of the box...no stoppage. For years I was under the impression that a hand ball in the box, regardless of the situation, was a penalty kick. But alas, not true.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
YFC 8-0 Bosna

Not quite what I expected from a clash between the teams sitting at the top of 2A. Bosna had an absolute nightmare today, and it could've been worse, score-wise. Most of the play was in Bosna's end, and YFC was 1-0 up after about 15 minutes. Shortly after, on one stoppage of play, Bosna's left back yaps at the ref, gets warned, yaps, gets a yellow, yaps, gets warned, yaps, gets talked to by his captain, yaps, gets a second yellow, and suddenly they're down to 10. Despite quite a few chances for the Latte Boyz, the teams go into the half with only one goal separating them. Early in the second half, a Bosna player twists his knee after landing awkwardly, and is carried off and replaced. Then, one of Bosna's better players is replaced by a relative newbie for no known reason. The newbie proceeds to score an own goal into the far corner from about 30 yards, leaving the keeper no chance. Beautiful shot. It may have been an attempted backpass. Towards the end, a Bosna player ends up barging into a YFCer after the latter has taken a shot. I don't think it was malicious, and mainly just the result of tiredness and a bit of inexperience, but they both go to ground and the Bosna player goes off with what we suspect may be a broken collarbone. It was very unfortunate, especially since there were only a couple of minutes left to play.
While everything is going pear-shaped for Bosna, YFC manage to utilize their numerical advantage and slot a few home. On the whole, it was a good clean game, and Bosna had some fantastically bad luck at times. The early red card was disappointing to both sides, since it took a lot of the life out of Bosna and they never really looked like getting back in the game. I hope that the injuries to their players aren't as serious as they looked at first. The game was not at all physical, and the injuries were truly unfortunate.

That apart, not a bad start to the season for us, although it may be difficult to maintain the current goal scoring average over 18 games ;)

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
YFC 8-0 Bosna
...YFC manage to utilize their numerical advantage and slot a few home.
Otherwise known as pad the stats for this weeks combined rankings. :D

Other than your lambasting of Bosna, the scores have all been pretty tight with a couple of draws and only one other victory spread of 2 or more goals...

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Otherwise known as pad the stats for this weeks combined rankings. :D

Other than your lambasting of Bosna, the scores have all been pretty tight with a couple of draws and only one other victory spread of 2 or more goals...
Naturally, we printed off a copy of the combined rankings and handed it out to all of our players before the match for motivational purposes. Otherwise, we would've just done the England thing and gone into a defensive shell at 1-0. ;)

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 1 Mythical Unicorns 1

Scheduled for the old montgommery park brought back some old memories but not the one's where we have to play on a field with crooked posts , hollowed out goal mouths and a fence a foot behind one of the goals. The posts weren't up for our usual field so we had to use option number 2 , I would still be ranting if we were forced to use option number 3. Game starts them 15 + guys us 10 (down a man) with some good pace either way they pot one off of a bad giveaway in our end 1-0 them. 5 mins later mr hughes gets a quasi-breakaway their keeps gets stuck in no man's land and a well placed ball ties it up 1-1. Second half both teams are mucking it around and we get our last man who gets a card for apparently not asking the ref to come on the field. Both teams push the ball around with us having a few more chances than them and the score ends a tie game. Thought with another body or two we could have won since a few lads that were playing were already banged up or sick and a couple of subs would have been what the doctor ordered. A couple of signings hopefully in the week and the team will be back to normal and onto Surrey for a Friday night lights affair in Slurrey. cheers , the rattler

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like that Bosna defender was taking a leaf out of Lee Dixon's book on backpasses -
Actually, the finish yesterday made Dixon look like an amateur. The distance and angle were about the same, but the keeper was actually in net, and the own goal was a vicious screamer that pinged off the far post just below the crossbar. Certainly a superior finish to the other seven that snuck in either side of it.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Left Hastings with NK up 1-0 over Boneyfish & depleted crew...

Fcbytca only having to make one save off his defence, and the number of "courvas" was down to single digits...:D

Actually saw Boneyfish run - something he hasn't done in Telus land for a couple of years... no purple mohawk sighting, or any of Dap for that matter.

Trece

ps - I want my net spikes back, boys...

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a Manger you have the game day checklist: Nets, Balls, Corner Flags, Cards, Team lists, Money for the ref. The last thing one wants is to have to deal with last minute no-shows. As it turned out, our game today vs NK was moved last minute from Beaconsfield to Hastings bowl. As I made the round of phonecalls to the team my 12 man roster confirmed just a day earlier shrunk to 10. Its a piss-off and it is disappointing for the guys that do show up.
Anyways, NK and Norvan square off on a sunny sunday and things are mostly even with NK having a bit more of the possession and Norvan having some nice opportunities to bag a goal. It is NK that took the lead on a well taken shot to the short side of our keep. We keep our heads down and keep on working and are rewarded near half with an equalizing tally after a through ball splits the defense. Second half starts and I guess this why you come to a game with subs as NK made some more changes to the couple made before half, fatigue began setting in for Norvan and NK gets the 2-1 go ahead goal. They start to get the better possession and sensing the kill they start sending a couple of more players and find a 3rd goal shortly after. Norvan is still running as best they can and actually spring 2 players on a clean breakaway. Yours truly sees the keeper rushing and decides to head it wide to the player on my right. The ref blows it down for an offside. It could have been offside but if it was it was very close and the ref was in no position to make the call and given the game situation(10 against 16) he probably could have left his whistle down. The next time up the field NK gets their 4th goal and I believe a 5th came a bit after that. NK did some good things on the day but will need to do better if they want to finish 1st. Norvan, played hard but the numerical disadvantage and some finishing issues need to be addressed.
It was good to see some of the old NK faces. Watcher made his appearance in the 2nd half and I think that was part of their success cause, holy polenta, I swear there 2 of him! That is some killer summer training! :D

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Bonefish. There was only one Watcher on the pitch, though your keeper might have seen two while losing his shorts. An entertaining game for sure but one has to feel for the JB's not being able to field a squad against their old nemesis NK. If they can't get it together for this match when can they? Onto UBC and hopefully another three points.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Bonefish. There was only one Watcher on the pitch, though your keeper might have seen two while losing his shorts. An entertaining game for sure but one has to feel for the JB's not being able to field a squad against their old nemesis NK. If they can't get it together for this match when can they? Onto UBC and hopefully another three points.

ya, Watcher, but when are you due?:cool:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish, How are you guys going to be for numbers on monday night???
Is this going to be a season long struggle or just taking some time to put things together? Want to see you guys at full strength or at least with subs.

Nothing worse than missing important guys to start the season. We have a small roster of guys who are still hurt or have been unable to get to games due to work commitments but having the u-21's and a CAT team sure makes a huge difference in getting guys out. Never normally have to worry about having 11 as if we are told early enough we can get some of the other guys out or just make sure they bring their gear and stay sober till we know what number are like. Ok stay sober enough.Mind you, you can't drink at our pitch. It is officially frowned upon by the muni.

Nice game by our guys in a 2-0 win vs PCOV on friday.
PCOV, after what may have been the greatest warm-up in VMSL Div 2 history*, were down a goal within a minute or 2. Could have been 2 or 3 within the first 15 minutes but their keeper made a great save off our short version of Peter Crouch and we put a couple of chances just wide. Our second came about 35 in i think as our forward got the ball in space about 12 yards out, took a touch right then back to the left and roofed it. PCOV were limited to long humps up the field and trying to win possession. Was not too succesful and we probably had 60% of the ball during the game. They had maybe 2 or 3 half chances on goal but not much else as we were absolutely solid at the back even with our u-21 playing in his first club game ever. Our keeper misplayed a couple of balls but noone was there on the first and the second one, a cross he badly misjudged, he managed to put out his 35 foot windspan and slap it out of reach of the back post runners.
Would have liked to finish our chances better but other than that cannot fault the workrate our guys put out.

Nice to put a name to a face in meeting termatofylakas post game.

* The PCOV warm-up

I tend to get to home games very early. Living in Tsawwassen it is not worht going home for 15-20 minutes after work before leaving to go the pitch for the game. I try to be sober for games these days so i got there about 7:15pm ish (9pm game). A few of PCOV guys were there Bs-ing with each other already. I make a few trips from car to bench area plus a couple of trips from lockup to bench area and it is 7:40 and more PCOV guys are there and they make their way down to the fan benches on our side and start to get dressed. I let them know about the bench on the other side but with a coaches game and practices beforehand they were moving over later. Our second gusy shows up 8ish and by 8:15 i think we had 5. At 8:10 the cones were setup and the PCOV guys were jogging and stretching and getting a few touches. 8:30 we get to enough for a starting 11 and PCOV are running the cone drills for warm-up. We start our team stretch at 8:40 and the guys getting moving and a stretch in before they get their touches. We honestly felt that they had to have tired themselves out from the warm-up. I kept looking over at it to see of we could use any of it in practice as i have never seen a group get that extensive of a warm-up. We have tried in the past a 35 minute warm-up routine but after seeing how bad that has worked on the past we tend to piss around till 20-25 minutes before game time and then get serious. It works best for us as a group. Some guys like to go and warm up longer but they do that on their own. Maybe the PCOV boys are more finely tuned athletic machines than us boys form the 'ner but it did seem a bit excessive.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The C-Lects seem to have turned things around against the Cobras this past weekend. I haven't seen the Cobras play, but I was surprised that they went down 3-0 after keeping the score close against the Rangers the previous week. Perhaps the shift from Burnaby Lake to the Memorial South cow pasture was too much to ask?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Us not playing very well may have had a lot to do with it. We really don't like the fields at Burnaby Lake it appears as i can't remember ever having any of our teams play really well there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0