Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Banter/Results Jan & Feb 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cole:

Yup, you guys are slated against Firemen this coming weekend. Do us a favour and get a draw....They may be looking for another win after today. Sir M. Any news on the car? Cup draw?
Mr. A. doesn't seem to answer my calls.

SCK

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
colemanj said:
Heard that Trece Verde spent four days in hospital this week after an aneurysm giving him problems during a game last weekend. Hope you are okay Stu -- Beerz!

Wow.
Hope you are OK too man.

Best wishes Trece,
RF

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece Verde is now at home recovering...according to Mrs. T.V he's not driving her crazy as of yet...so in other words he recovering slowly...

get well soon

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi Guys:

Yes, I'm back. Thanks for the good wishes; it's all true.

A week ago Sunday I was jogging back into position after taking a shot on goal and was overcome by a blinding pain in the back of the neck and an accompanying loss of vision. I staggered into the foetal position, and eventually managed to get off the field and to an ice pack. My vision cleared, and the numbness helped to the point where I could stand up up again. Managed to hold out till the end of the game and got one of our guys to get me to medical attention. Ended up getting referred into emergency at Lions' Gate Sunday evening, and the ER doc telling me "you're never going to be doing headers again."

That cryptic statement was followed by two sets of X-Rays and CAT scans (with and without dye) which confirmed a sub-arachnoid haemorrhage at the top of my brain stem. La Senora nearly fainted on this and was luckily caught by Demonspawn #1 before she hit the floor as well.

Enforced bed rest for the next day until they could get in a radiologist and give me all 6 angiograms I apparently needed to determine a negative result. So although only half an inch away from an anuerysm, it was still half an inch...:p

The hospital staff got tired of putting up with me and kicked me out on Thursday afternoon; La Senora has been putting up with me since then.

A couple of questions about this if any of you have ever encountered this before:
  1. Has anybody on here ever had one (or had a teammate/family member/spouse/friend have one)?
  2. If so, what's the recovery time been like? I've been told variably that I won't be able to play, that I will have to play without headers, and that I will be able to play again in two months.
Basically, I was told that the cause of this one was not directly due to a specific trauma, but more to a previously-existing weak point (I didn't take any headers off of goal kicks or punts that day).

Still, happy to be back in the land of the living. It beats the hell out of the alternative.

Trece

ps - kudos to everybody in Neuro Critical Care Unit and Radiology at Lions' Gate. If you know somebody there, give them a hug for me.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
TV: I am glad you are doing okay. Hope you can start playing again soon so I can hastle you again...You don't know when or where things like this can occur. However, we're all thankful you got out okay. Now, stay off the beers for little while. If you can manage that. Keep away from Sir M. and SCP's late night fiascos and you do just fine.

SCK

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece Verde,

Very happy to hear the result of this.

Every situation is unique unto its own, so follow the advice of the experts.

Best wishes buddy and thank you for sharing your experience with us and hope to see you at the park.

You're still allowed to drink and have sex right? So life's pretty good.:D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gents:

Once again thanks for the good wishes.

Actually, not allowed anything that gets up my blood pressure for at least a month (which begs the question why am I on here...:rolleyes: ) or until cleared by the neurologist. Just happy to be among the living still.

BTW that means no sex, footy or alcohol...:(

Trece

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it appears that we have turned on the lights at the right time - something Rounderthanever's spouse has obviously ever done. Nice to see a victory with only 11 guys - I guess that gives us the best record against SU.
Trece - sorry to hear what you have been going through - hope it clears up and don't rush it. On the lighter side - I am sure that my good friend RF could tell you how to go through a game without heading a ball - he has been doing it for 35 years.
As for stadnings - I believe SCK that a win against Wickham followed by another aginst you guys would put us in the top 6 ?

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
and the worst news -- no plinking!

Close call, and good news they haven't had to open up your head -- heaven knows if they have a saw durable enough. I would of thought that if you had a sub-arachnoid haemorrhage anywhere it would have been at the end of your elbow!

The old reptilian brain is pretty tough, here's hoping it can clear itself up buddy.

Meanwhile, maybe we should start a Saturday afternoon checkers club, I think we have enough retired folk now for something.

smell those roses.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taxman said:
Nice to see a victory with only 11 guys - I guess that gives us the best record against SU.

That would have you tied with Westside. We each beat them and tied them. I suppose you do have a 1 goal difference, but that is splitting hairs, isn't it.:rolleyes:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
TMan: Boy, you are good with numbers....You'd be correct. I'll look forward to your tilt with Coleman's group. Six, seventh?? What difference does it make? It all comes down to the the next few games for all of us.

SCK

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece, all the best man! Take it easy and don't stand behind any CRT's, that can't be healthy.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
Gents:

Once again thanks for the good wishes.

Actually, not allowed anything that gets up my blood pressure for at least a month (which begs the question why am I on here...:rolleyes: ) or until cleared by the neurologist. Just happy to be among the living still.

BTW that means no sex, footy or alcohol...:(

Trece

Your blood pressure rises during sex? :confused:

At least one month, so that puts us at the end of March. Tell you what, as a token of my support for you, I will also refrain from having sex for at least one month. I will continue to drink and play footy however.:D

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK said:
TMan: Boy, you are good with numbers....You'd be correct. I'll look forward to your tilt with Coleman's group. Six, seventh?? What difference does it make? It all comes down to the the next few games for all of us.

SCK
"Tilt" with Coleman's group ??? We get them on the grass - we should be able to get their goals against into PCOV range ... with all due respect Mr. Coleman ..... you guys will be seeing us in fine form next weekend.:knvb: :knvb:

We may even have a Havana Club primer on Thursday night.

Oh, and RF - Sun Peaks was awesome - even you might have enjoyed it - except that you would likely displace all hot tub water during an apres ski session.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
A couple of questions about this if any of you have ever encountered this before:
  1. Has anybody on here ever had one (or had a teammate/family member/spouse/friend have one)?
  2. If so, what's the recovery time been like? I've been told variably that I won't be able to play, that I will have to play without headers, and that I will be able to play again in two months.
Basically, I was told that the cause of this one was not directly due to a specific trauma, but more to a previously-existing weak point (I didn't take any headers off of goal kicks or punts that day).

Hey Trece - I know we've never met but I thought I could give you some insight on your situation.

A friend of mine went through something very similar about 6 or 7 years ago except she had to actually go under the knife and have brain surgery - I think hers ended up being an anuerysm. Obviously she wasn't allowed to play soccer (or drive or do many things that involved physically exertion ;) ) for quite a while. But she has been back playing soccer for the last 4-5 years I'd say. Obviously when she first came back she was a little hesitant about physical play and heading the ball and she had one minor scare when she suddenly got dizzy during a game. But things ended positively for her and I'm sure it will be the same for you - especially since you caught it before it got too bad.

Glad to hear you're okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0