Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Banter/Results - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters November 2006 Banter/Results

I don't know how much space Eagles takes up in the net, but he does take up more space at the bar than any other human being alive (well, except for Bob Probert, but that's another story.)

Hear the perfect storm is coming tomorrow, more cancelled games this weekend I guess. Which reminds me, I went by Mahon turf the other day and it was underwater -- some good engineering there.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

colemanj said:
I don't know how much space Eagles takes up in the net, but he does take up more space at the bar than any other human being alive (well, except for Bob Probert, but that's another story.)

Hear the perfect storm is coming tomorrow, more cancelled games this weekend I guess. Which reminds me, I went by Mahon turf the other day and it was underwater -- some good engineering there.

ColemaJ... The perfect storm already hit!! I think it was called Hurrican Dickens_cider....it seemed to touch down at the Roxy after the lions game, with a few of those West Van Pegs! Wouldn't be surprised If he ended up in the back of Frank Poncherello's Patrol car later that evening. I believe they were playing Poker at Doulins before that!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Now if B-Rad married Big M, (not that there is anything wrong with that) what would his initials be?

Yes there are three goaltenders with the old boys from West Van this year.

Only one who has played has a 0.00 goals against average though...

Skanky CDMTC Blonde

May 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M said:
Well, well, I see Dave Dickens-sen has finally rolled out of bed.

Thats funny! I was at the Rox...at a bar on Grandville on Sunday and I got Dave Dickensons autograph I havent washed since (well obviously I have but just not where the autograph is!)

Kiss!

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Skanky CDMTC Blonde said:
Thats funny! I was at the Rox...at a bar on Grandville on Sunday and I got Dave Dickensons autograph I havent washed since (well obviously I have but just not where the autograph is!)

Kiss!

Skank, you didn't happen to notice that Dave Dickensons name doesn't start with the letter "M" by chance did you? :D

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I knew there was a reason for Lupo creeping up the rankings... and for the bathing... apparently it is not just sausages on offer.

Stay tuned next week for Colemanj's MWSL Power Rankings -- the Bachelor Edition.

Skanky CDMTC Blonde

May 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

dickens_cider said:
Skank, you didn't happen to notice that Dave Dickensons name doesn't start with the letter "M" by chance did you? :D

Oopsie I just looked now (its a bit faded after Pilates tonight and you know boob sweat bought and paid for!)...

I never even looked before Dave Dickensen must have signed it with a dufferint name I guess :confused: , and one or two of the letters are faded, but it says:

MARREID??

HELLOO SPELLING MISTAKE.

Off to Loofah the stretch marks, 'nite boys. Smooch.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ok Skank, its really nice to hear about all of your social activities, I am sure we are all enthralled. Anyway, nothing has been rained out (yet) so I will throw in my predictions for the upcoming weekend:

Richmond at home to Surrrey Utd at Minoru on Friday...Is this a grass or artificial turf field? I think
SU anyway.

Metro Ford at home to SFU now at Port Moody turf. Good move by MF moving this one...MF.

PCOV at home to Wickham at BLSCW turf...Wickham are desperate, tie game.

Sapperton at home at Hillcrest :eek: to Inter, I would like to make a prediction here but this will be postponed.

Columbus at home to VFF at Riverway...probably postponed, but if they go, advantage to VFF, tie.

West Van at home to West Side at Ambleside. WV are looking forward to hosting the Provincial Cup Finalists later this season, 'cuz this will be rained out.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M said:
Richmond at home to Surrrey Utd at Minoru on Friday...Is this a grass or artificial turf field? I think
SU anyway.

Are they a hard working team or a skilled team?:cool:

also is the foggy dew in richmond the appropriate follow up?

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Aves said:
also is the foggy dew in richmond the appropriate follow up?

Watch out Aves! The BRM-ettes are playing at the same time on the field next to you. There might have to be some BRM bondage...er I mean bonding after the game. ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nice:D

BRM/Richmond tilt is on turf.

Same predictions as Sir M this week. I'll throw the Lions in there as well just to be different.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs said:
Nice:D

BRM/Richmond tilt is on turf.

Actually the BRM-ettes/Richmond tilt is on the turf at 8pm. Unless there are now two turf fields at Minoru (which there isn't) or only if your 7pm game will be over within an hour, it looks like the Masters game will be on grass.:D

Sorry to burst your bubble Regs. :(

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Really?

Perhaps our game may be off then?

Off to track down richmond parks field status...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hmmm... as of yesterday, only Minoru Turf and Richmond High Turf are open. Status to be updated again by 2pm today but I would say our game is off if we are on the grass.

T-idiot, Willy, GT -any clarification?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks... that link was added this morning to the VMSL field closure thread.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is it just that you are lonely then? or the request for clarification must be one subtlest pisstakes I have ever missed.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

seems to me we played in similar conditions at minoru last winter -- it was the only pitch open that weekend too -- seems to me it ended up being in suprisingly good shape. Good luck getting there for kickoff!

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Desperate indeed, but full value for the away win tonight. Should have been put away in the first half. Played a bit more sophisticated system at last, and new returning signing Bob Duggan let us play a little soccer. Now, if the big guy WW is cleared toplay this month, we could show a lot more in a run up to April.

PCOV caught a big break early in the second half with the ref allowing them to continue playing 11 after a professional foul, but couldn't find an answer.

Nice to make a Friday showing at The Thirsty Penguin, added a few points to our Wed night bar tally, and the girls were stellar, as usual.

Needed that result, and looking forward to leaving Nordic and their ilk behind...

did I mention Wickham rookie night at The Buffalo Club Sat (tonight) night? See you all there... we'll be easy to spot. Join us for a pint -- there will be entertainment.

updates anyone?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

colemanj said:
Desperate indeed, but full value for the away win tonight.
updates anyone?

So what was the score ColemanJ?

PS Dickens go to bed you Chort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0