Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Div 1] Results & Banter 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

franchise

Sep 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
lets hope the rain lets up and we can get some games in this weekend. Heres my picks for the week....if anyone cares.
shaheen vs 22nd lions, going with a tie for this one
seagles vs meralomas, meralomas on the way up with wins in their last 2 games and seagles on the way down winless in their last 7 games.
klm vs sfu, sfu unbeaten in their last 4 games and on a big roll since the last part of the first half of the season, klm last game was rained out so the extra weeks rest for the boys was great... i think.if this ones anything like the first game between us should be a barn burner.
lobbans vs romania, gotta take romania in this one, lobbans on a bit of a slide and romania full steam ahead
poco vs bombastic, we'll see who wants to stay in div1 and who's on their way back to div2 i think poco has accepted the fact that their done but sure would like to play spoilers for either lobbans or bombastic.
good luck to all and lets play some good ball this weekend.
going with bombastic in this one

whothefukcares

Oct 6, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think KLM should take this one hands down!It's home field on the grass!They are still pissed of at the shitty friday game time at SFU.They should have to pay for the damn parking.Fuk em!!!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
lets hope the rain lets up and we can get some games in this weekend. Heres my picks for the week....if anyone cares.
shaheen vs 22nd lions, going with a tie for this one
seagles vs meralomas, meralomas on the way up with wins in their last 2 games and seagles on the way down winless in their last 7 games.
klm vs sfu, sfu unbeaten in their last 4 games and on a big roll since the last part of the first half of the season, klm last game was rained out so the extra weeks rest for the boys was great... i think.if this ones anything like the first game between us should be a barn burner.
lobbans vs romania, gotta take romania in this one, lobbans on a bit of a slide and romania full steam ahead
poco vs bombastic, we'll see who wants to stay in div1 and who's on their way back to div2 i think poco has accepted the fact that their done but sure would like to play spoilers for either lobbans or bombastic.
good luck to all and lets play some good ball this weekend.
going with bombastic in this one

Poco Hoops 1
BFC 1

Certainly we controled more of the play but lacked a little in their top third. BFC went up 1 nil with 15 to go in the game of a deep cross and header in. Hoops score 5 minutes later on a floater from top of 18 that curled and found the top corner. 1 inch and it does not go in.........but it wasnt and it did.

lost points but a point none the less

whothefukcares

Oct 6, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey bro!Sorry, but that is a bad result!You guys could not afford that tie with that team.Like I said,anyone can beat anyone.Hope you get the right result this weekend!We should have beat SFU.There keeper played well and missed some good chances to put them away.Give them credit for only having 1 to 2 subs.compared to our 4.they tied it with 8 minutes left,but just glad we got to play the game.Do not like to sit another week without playing!!Cheers...

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey bro!Sorry, but that is a bad result!You guys could not afford that tie with that team.Like I said,anyone can beat anyone.Hope you get the right result this weekend!We should have beat SFU.There keeper played well and missed some good chances to put them away.Give them credit for only having 1 to 2 subs.compared to our 4.they tied it with 8 minutes left,but just glad we got to play the game.Do not like to sit another week without playing!!Cheers...

It was a bad result indeed but we came out and battled a point out of 22nd Ave Lions last night. They really do move the ball around well but they are open for goals against. We scored first but they equalized 10 minutes later in the first half. 2nd half both teams had chances but we will take a point we deserved and maybe could have won but that story is getting a little old. Next week vs Eagles we will look to win. We were robbed of a win first time round but this time they will go down.

whothefukcares

Oct 6, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys better win this weekend!You can't afford to lose any more!I want you guys to stay up!I really want the Eagles down!So hope you guys get your shite together!!!Cheers...

whothefukcares

Oct 6, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done to you all!Hope you carry on playing like you did today!Keep playing like that and you guys will stay up!Make sure you buy your Keeper a few pints!!:) Enjoy the Holidays..

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done to you all!Hope you carry on playing like you did today!Keep playing like that and you guys will stay up!Make sure you buy your Keeper a few pints!!:) Enjoy the Holidays..

Cheers. Funny you say that about your keeper. I mentioned to our group that after our last game where your keeper stoned us a few of your boys told me he can also let in some clunkers. Not that the goals were outright clunkers but thought he could have had the Free kick. It came around the wall low and blind to him so can be troublesome to stop but........you know!

Big point for us indeed. We have been playing well again but blew the points against Eagles. Time to knuckle down and stay up! We have been getting 19 & 20 guys out to matches and that hurts us I find. We had 16 on the weekend and that was perfect to keep our flow in the match. You boys still played well and maybe would have won it had our keeper not kept us in it int the first 20 minutes. Happy Holidays

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well big win for us today. We dominated the match and took a 1 nil lead into half time. Lobans pressed for a bit but we found a second about 20 minutes in. bizarre 3rd 50/50 challenge in the middle of the park we win ball move ball up to our forward while their player on the ground injured (supposedly) some calling to kick ball out but our striker did not hear the call and went in and slotted home. First match we decided to play our first team guys and only make tactical subs. We looked like the team we can be today. 2 more games and we will try for 2 more wins.:wa:

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bombastic FC 2
Lomas 1

We played tactical subs again today and played with alot of determination. 1st goal lucky shot from 25 yards not strong but low to the ground. Keeper let it under him and one of our two players at the back post pushed it over the line.

Lomas brought it to us for 25 minutes in second and scored an equalizer. Poor clearing from us. A little back and forth and we continuted to push and scored from a play put together from the back. bal played accross back line dummy play through legs and full back pushed up putting a ball into strikers feet coming back to ball and played back to same full back. Cross into top of 18 and striker and keeper go to ball and striker wins to see ball bonce into corner of net. One more game for us. We need one more win and that will be hopefully enough to keep us up or in a playoff game to stay up with lobbans. Only time will tell. shaheen next friday.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bombastic FC 2
Shaheen 2

Shaheen scored 1st about 10 minutes into the match. We replied with 2 and first half ended 2-1 for us.

We made a few subs and we seemed to sag a little in the 2nd half. Shaheen scored with a very nice shot from 28 yards after we cleared a corner with a strong header. nothing you could do about it.

We then pressed again creating 3 clear chances and just some poor finishing left the result 2-2 and now we wait to see if Lobbans can beat the Eagles to force a playoff to see who stays up and who is relegated. 2 wins and 2 draws in our last 6 matches and we can be pleased with our work under the gun. We should have done this in the first 12 matches but that was not the case.

Now we wait!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0