Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters Div 3 Results and Banter, 2010-2011

Nice to see your boys getting some results Trece. Now you can write about what happened opposed to what you thought should have happened and all those crossbars and posts:bronco:

As for TAk. I see they lost the the Ancient Dragons and we watched the Dragons play right after our match while sipping on some pops and I have to say they were the most shocking team I have seen in a while. Now, they were playing a pretty good side in Rainforrest but if they actually beat TAK I would have to say you are in with a shot at all 3 on this one no matter how many posts and crossbars you guys hit. You should be able to get one into the onion bag!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Georgie:

Thanks for the scouting report and another backhanded compliment. Tommy is sitting out on the sideline with a dodgy knee so the crossbar count has been lowered dramatically - at least 20 of those were his. Unfortunately, our cooler has also taken a hit as a result since the Czech menace has been out of commission.

We will approach this one with cautious optimism. Unlike some folks, I don't go for the hyperbole, and down a producing striker due to his red card, we will need to be a bit more cautious.

Trece

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Trece,

Hard to beleive you can be wise beyond your years...........I might even have to make it out to catch a match and put a dent in the cooler if I may!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hard to beleive you can be wise beyond your years
Because of how fcuking old I am?;)

Sure, you can come out and buy beverages for us. Any time.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Exactly.....that might make you the wisest fcucker in the league you know;)

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Caribbean All Stars up next for the old steam powered locomotive tomorrow. Better get some sleep in case they can run. This game will go along way towards determining how serious a threat NK is towards West Van and Rainforest. You can throw out the result from our first game and probably the second and third as well. How did the big juggernaught match breakdown today?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Horses beat the Rainforest people 5-4 in a goaltending duel Watchperson.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The match between Rainforest and WV was great for the fans!! Rainforest went up by 1 in first ten min on a goaltending mistake. WV came back with 3 goals to go up 3 to 1. Then C. Franks ran wild and was a huge factor in the next few goals. Rainforest went down a man in the first 15 and WV lost a man in the 2nd half. Shocking decisions by the man in the middle.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Combined with some shocking decisions by the Flying Horses coach at the Taphouse last night...

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Caribbeans 3 NK 1 ..................I though people from the Caribbeans were black. It turns out only one is.

The score should have been 8-2 NK. I must have said "you've got to be fukcing kidding me" at least 20 times today. The CAS go up one in the first minute as a NK cripple thought he would test out his injury at full back. That experiment failed. NK did not tie it till just before the half. NK controlled most of the game and squandered numerous chances only to see CAS score on a brilliant free kick with 20 to go. NK was coming in waves still thinking victory despite being down one. With eight to go I told the ref that a tie would now feel like a win with all the shite luck we've had. Alas a few more glorious opporunities were wasted when CAS in the dying minutes put the nail in the NK coffin to put this tragedy to waste. The beer was tasty and the weather was amazing despite the loss. Man of the match was the CAS keeper who did his job and then some.

PS....The ref didn't do Hrvat any favors.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

So from the results on The More Excellent Site, it appears that the Caribbean No Stars were too much for the rusty old train. 3-1 as reported and not an engine wheel configuration... Does this mean that NK's old train is not a threat? Details at 11...

With all due respect to Georgie's Best and cautious optimism, TAK were shcoking. Two decent players in their middle couldn't make up for lack of quality/skill/clues everywhere else on the pitch. For the most part, TAK were gentlemen, with the exception of the large bald git who had a moan about everything not to his team's favour, which meant quite often. Their manager came over before the game and mentioned an incident in their previous game against Ajax where one of their players was head-butted, and was worried that something similar might happen against us. We assured him that we don't play that style of play (well, at least most of us don't anymore:rolleyes:).

We were up embarrassingly easily 2-0 after about 5 minutes and then turned off the gas. This allowed them to get one back on a defensive brain fart, but then the rest of the game was a gong show played at a strolling pace. 3 easy ones in the 2nd half for us, including a chip from at least 40 yards out, and enough chances generated that should have resulted in at least 5 more had not Angelo been quite as merciful to the hapless guys in blue in being quick with the whistle on even marginal offsides, and our forwards being at best questionable with finishing their chances. 5-1 final in favour of Spurs.

Next week: Roma at the Adanac mudbowl.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Because I'm bored, and I wanted to see something else on this site besides flying horseshoes...

VMSL Masters' Div 3 power rankings...

1. West Van FC Flying Horses +60
  2. Roma Rangers +52.5
  3. Rainforest FC +52
  4. Burnaby Wolves +44.5
  5. Caribbean All-Stars +37
  6. NK Hrvat 1977 +29
  7. Killarney Spurs +28.5
  8. Maplewood United +24
  9. GFC C-Men United +20.5
  10. Westside Originals B +19
  11. HNK Vatreni M +12
  12. Lordco Ajax +9.5
  13. TAK FC +0.5
  14. Ancient Dragons -7.5

Keep in mind that these are far from definitive, especially since I used JBN's formula...

Oct 17, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

We play WV Flying Horses today and get our game handed to us. They are a 1st Div or Premier Team. Quality team that have many good players that move the ball around very well and strike with fierce. Hopefully the league moves them up quickly, as no fun for us to be thumped 11-0 and they actually took it easy on us.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

@#%!$ Roma...

Them 4 Us 1.

Not Miro's fault in the least; just some dumbass plays on our part. Two penos against us; one in easily and the second reached by our backup guy who couldn't quite keep it out.

1-0 to them early as our D didn't cope with their hoof it long style and their guy poked it in from just outside the box. We tied it up about 25 minutes in when we overran their back line and knocked it home. They pressed after that, and were awarded penalty #1 when our keeper came out part way and hesitated before taking the guy out. 2-1 off what ensued.

Our keeper got dinged for a red afterward when he got tired of jostling with their forwards and retaliated with a straight arm. Result: one red card to him and penalty #2. Backup keeper came in and got his hands on the ball but wasn't quite fast enough to keep it out. Result: 3-1 and it stayed that way until the half.

Playing with 10 guys isn't quite conducive to winning games. Playing with 9 is even less so. We lost another one on a very iffy tackle that didn't really look like a cardable offence from our perspective, but the man in the middle saw it differently, and the Flying Yid in the middle picked up his 2nd yellow of the game, and that was it for us. Backup keeper was chipped for their 4th, and even though we did have chances to push back, weren't able to finish anything else ourselves, and it ended 4-1.

Roma were full value for their result, but still beatable on the day, as we did more damage to ourselves than they were able to. Those involved have been enrolled in appropriate anger management classes, so the rematch will be a different story.:rolleyes:

Trece

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey, look at the bright side. You have a great avatar :bronco:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Freddy:

Thanks for keeping me grounded in reality. You never know where I'd end up otherwise...:rolleyes:

Beer on me next time you see me.:D

Cheers,

Trece

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Freddy:

Thanks for keeping me grounded in reality. You never know where I'd end up otherwise...:rolleyes:

Beer on me next time you see me.:D

Cheers,

Trece

Yeah, because Freddy meant your little green alien avatar, Trece. :rolleyes:

Check the post before yours.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Okay, beer on her too. I was wondering where that was going. Too bad she wasn't at the field for TAK against us; they might have done better with us distracted.:D:D:D

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lordco 3 NK 1

Goalie pulled a no show. First shot from 45 went in. NK's skeleton crew tried to get it back against a not very talented Ajax squad but things were not to be as they added two more late before NK got one back. Their third goal my Grannie would have had with her cane and she's dead. Kudos to the Lordco backline as they gave nothing easy. Great save by their keeps on a free kick kept Lordco up 1-0. Stuck around for a beer and hot dog with the Ajax crew. Good guys doing it the way it is supposed to be done at this point in the game.

PS....Trouble fielding a team on a morning this nice is not a good sign. Wonder what the Vegas odds are on our next two matches against Rainforest and West Van.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Trece - yes, I will happily drink your beer (or de-alcoholized beer as this is now the drink of choice thanks to giving unlimited power to the police to do search, invasion, and repo of your car). But, yes, my comment was referring to the TAK guy with the hottie avatar.

In other news, we finally showed up to play some soccer. I think someone had been throwing in some GHB in the team water in the last few weeks. But we fooled them Friday night - we didn't drink any water!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0