Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL Premier Games - Labour Day Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya I am wagering that all teams are out to prove what's what and will play accordingly. Opening weekend and all...

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya I am wagering that all teams are out to prove what's what and will play accordingly. Opening weekend and all...

I think a lot of teams are scrambling to get enough bodies out for these games! On another note, we just received a notice from the city of Surrey that our new Stadium Turf field has been shut down for the weekend due to safety concerns. This means there has been some last minute field changes for tomorrow only (certain teams need to be aware of some switches from turf to grass!). All the teams should be notified via phone and/or email ASAP but ttp is also a good way to distribute information, as follows:

New fields for SATURDAY:

12pm-Inter vs. Delta: GRASS Field #5
12pm-Metro Ford vs. Richmond: Turf Field #3

2pm-Sapperton vs. Hurricanes: GRASS Field #5
2pm-Croatia vs. Columbus: Turf Field #3

4pm-West Van vs. Westside: GRASS Field #5
4pm-ICST Peg vs. Akal: Turf Field #3

MONDAY:

No changes.

Cheers and good luck.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great day out at NAP...........a couple of shockers.......and some shocking teams......:D It's not FVSL.......

Sapperton were VERY lucky to escape with a point against Hurricanes despite some obvious tactical errors from their coach. Thuggery is alive and well. :D

Akal with a huge upset of ICST Peg.......Peg with a hand ball early in the game which was a straight red and Akal coasted from there.

Westside with a HUGE upset of West Van.........although it wasn't that huge as West Van's team on the field was the weakest I've seen in 4 years.........a lot of changes in West Van. Good to see Dancing Bear showing the younger kids the passion which is required to play at this level. :) Well done, Keith.

Columbus beat Croatia 2 - 1

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, sounds like a great start to the season!

Did Sapp and Peg share a changeroom at all? Maybe Cloughie was sending a message to Reedie... :)

Who was missing from WV?

DCR20

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Westside. A well deserved come from behind win.

Regs, WV were missing: Tim Perry, Max Beassato, Shorty, Leo Nash, Ryan Glanville, Keelo, Jesse Fetterley, Kevan Cameron, Sharky, Paul Dailly and Milad Rahmati.

It looks as though, quite a few teams were short a lot of lads. Some teams, including Westside, had only 12 or 13 dressed for the matches.

Oh well, onto Inter..............hopefully with a better performance.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great day @ park...good to catch up with a lot of peeps, the next gen on Premier is in full effect. Sorry to Beattie for the injury vs. RCIU...

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great day out at NAP...........a couple of shockers.......and some shocking teams......:D It's not FVSL.......

Sapperton were VERY lucky to escape with a point against Hurricanes despite some obvious tactical errors from their coach. Thuggery is alive and well. :D

from the Hurricanes Coach or Sapperton? We had them just where we wanted them at 0-2...............:cool:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westvan beat Inter 1-0
MF beat Delta 3-1
Sapp beat croatia 3-2
Columbus beat Akal 2-0
Westside beat Surrey cant recall score
richmond tie hurricanes 0-0

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm, wow.

Westside tied at the top (with Columbus) after the first 2 rounds with victories vs last year's top 2? Great start for them!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MF also with the 6 points from both games. The whole 2 days with all the teams playing was a good way to start the season and to draw some interest with fans. It was to bad the weather didnt hold up today. Costley and Reedie manning the bbq today in the rain... I might have food poisoning.lol

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westvan beat Inter 1-0
MF beat Delta 3-1
Sapp beat croatia 3-2
Columbus beat Akal 2-0
Westside beat Surrey cant recall score
richmond tie hurricanes 0-0
I took in the Westvan and Sapp victories today. Westvan enjoyed themselves sliding all over the field, with 20 or 30 perfectl timed slide tackles. If WV could play its matches on grass instead of the Ambleside sand and plastic filed then they would win 90% of their matches.
Rene was not his normal self in the match between Sapp and Croatia. I have seen him ref very well, but not today. He needs to work with JBranco and the young refs to refresh his game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took in the Westvan and Sapp victories today. Westvan enjoyed themselves sliding all over the field, with 20 or 30 perfectl timed slide tackles. If WV could play its matches on grass instead of the Ambleside sand and plastic filed then they would win 90% of their matches.
Rene was not his normal self in the match between Sapp and Croatia. I have seen him ref very well, but not today. He needs to work with JBranco and the young refs to refresh his game.

That's right......this is TTP.......:)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good start for Sapp

4 points on the weekend. Matt Roselund with 2 goals. Likewise Stephan Schiedle (how did Westside let this guy slip through their fingers?). You can say Sapp was lucky vs the Hurricanes, but then again, Sapp has been down 0-2 vs them 3 times. Twice Sapp came back to tie, once Sapp won. So, the team has all the confidence in the world even when down to them.
Croatia had a shadow of a starting lineup, but managed to get back in the game when down 2 against Sapp. Sapp really should have had a couple more after hitting the crossbar a couple of times in the first, but it took some outstanding breakaway saves by Simon to allow Sapp to win it late.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta - 7 GA
Even with London between the pipes. I think Woody is going Masters to Sapp.
What stuck out with me on the weekend, was the bucket of goals scored (26 on day 1, 39 over the weekend) and teams in 4 games had 2 goal leads and managed to let it slip away.
Inter vs Delta (W)
Hurricanes vs Sapp (T)
Westvan vs Westside (L)
Sapp vs Croatia (W)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PUHLEEES:rolleyes:
The only goons I saw were those guys in the stylish black and green stripes.;)
I understand that the combination was derived from RUFC (black) and CI (green), but it's a worse idea than Mr. Pitt's Moland Springs Water. I could only imagine if RUFC was brown and yellow. Be original and go black, red, and white like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0