Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL Premier Games - Labour Day Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
PUHLEEES:rolleyes:
I understand that the combination was derived from RUFC (black) and CI (green), but it's a worse idea than Mr. Pitt's Moland Springs Water. I could only imagine if RUFC was brown and yellow. Be original and go black, red, and white like everyone else.

This coming from a dude who's team donned black and maroon? The white tops are class but your black tops look like shite mate. Nicest unis every year belong to Columbus. Clean white and lustrous royal blue = all class.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This coming from a dude who's team donned black and maroon? The white tops are class but your black tops look like shite mate. Nicest unis every year belong to Columbus. Clean white and lustrous royal blue = all class.

Ahead of the curve, mate. We were going to go with the Crystal Palace blue, but the black, white, and maroon colour combo rocks. :cool:

True enough; clean white will always look better than dirty white. And how can you top lustrous royal blue?

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
what are the opinions from the clubs on the event? it looks as though some teams lost some valuable points this weekend because of missing starters. which would explains the upsets?

Would a premier team tournament on labor day weekend not better suit the clubs....?

It just makes a little more sense to me that way. Thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tourneys are useless - they don't mean anything - that is why they don't do well anymore. Besides, this is a sort of tournament with the Prem teams. It counts in the standings and thus the teams will show up - every team had at least 14 out for every game. Metro Ford was successful with a lot of U21s. Croatia was not. Hurricanes were short. Likewise WV and WS took advantage. Peg and SU? WTF happened?
All ready there is talk about having all the Prem teams continue regular season play at one park again this year (Say on a Sat at Cloverdale). Hopefully on a November weekend around Rememberance Day. Expand it to have this done a few times a year to get all the teams together. All you need is 2 fields: Ambleside, Coq Town, Delta, Cloverdale, Burnaby, Newton, Adanac in the early fall - all are capable of staging the event.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a lot of fun to have such weekends and except for the miserable rain resulted in a great little atmosphere at good old NAP. The food tent that the Revolution had Saturday was good as was the "beverage" pavillion that the lovely Miss Costley, her lip-pierced friend, and Costley Jr. were running. Thanks to those that made it happen and best of luck throughout the season to all.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think most, if not all, want to do something like this again very soon.
Reedie, make it happen. But $20 for 10 samosas!? Highway robbery. Good thing Reedie knocked some sense into Paul and dropped the price to $8. Mexican t-shirt bargaining at its finest.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dont get me wrong, i think holding an event like this is a mint idea.. my only issue is that U do not get near full squads out during the long weekend ( vacations/ kids back to school etc..) which in results in important lost points for those shorthanded...

Bob , yes i agree a tourney is useless there is something to play for Like lets say $$$$$$$$ .. You keep your beer gardens , you start a tradition and U give the incentive to play for money ..

My opinion is this format of league play on a weekend is better suited when the season is winding down and there is more on the line to play for...

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie, make it happen. But $20 for 10 samosas!? Highway robbery. Good thing Reedie knocked some sense into Paul and dropped the price to $8. Mexican t-shirt bargaining at its finest.

i'm sure they do however overdoing it would kill it ...

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
"...my only issue is that u do not get near full squads out during the long weekend..."

True but that is also a great chance for some younger players to step up.

The Big Boot

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob

Re: VMSL Premier Games - Labour Day Weekend

Some may call it highway robbery...others may say just good business! ;)

WAB, if you are looking for a good deal, just bring your guys to Saffron for the lunch buffet...All you can eat for $12.95! Just leave Cloughie at home....seriously. :eek:

If the VMSL is serious about gaining good media exposure for the league, this type of format, be it at the beginning of the season or like WAB says a few times throughout the season would be great. It was awesome to be able to see all the different clubs play in one day...perhaps call it the VMSL super weekend!?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PUHLEEES:rolleyes:
The only goons I saw were those guys in the stylish black and green stripes.;)
I understand that the combination was derived from RUFC (black) and CI (green), but it's a worse idea than Mr. Pitt's Moland Springs Water. I could only imagine if RUFC was brown and yellow. Be original and go black, red, and white like everyone else.

WAB, you have looked at the purple curtains which are supposed to be shorts your boys are wearing, right? :D Wow.......stones and glass houses and all that stuff........

As for the thuggery.....how many cautions did the team end up with? To be honest, I thought the official was very generous in not handing out more but what do I know? I was just watching the game as a neutral.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With such events and fundraisers at the Shark Club you even see celebrities such as Derek Jeter. Reedie just sees Celebrities......he and the Uniballer's new 'companion'.....gender up for debate.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some may call it highway robbery...others may say just good business! ;)

WAB, if you are looking for a good deal, just bring your guys to Saffron for the lunch buffet...All you can eat for $12.95! ...perhaps call it the VMSL super weekend!?
There you go again with Saffron. We all know they have the best Samosas in the lower mainland, with fantastic prices! We all know that they are located at 4300 Kingsway in Burnaby. Shameless promoting, Big Foot..:rolleyes:
Saffron Indian Cuisine | Burnaby
Saffron Indian Cuisine - 5-4300 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC

They should set up tent at the field next time.:)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, you have looked at the purple curtains which are supposed to be shorts your boys are wearing, right? :D Wow.......stones and glass houses and all that stuff........

As for the thuggery.....how many cautions did the team end up with? To be honest, I thought the official was very generous in not handing out more but what do I know? I was just watching the game as a neutral.
Purple Curtains! They're maroon, man! You're colour blind. Sapp has sweet kit!
I don't know how many cautions we got, but it wasn't a dirty game by any means.
If Sapp is Thugs 1, then RFC is Thugs 1a. Let's just agree that both teams have a 5 - 6 man goon squad that is sent out to intentionally injure the opponents best players.:mad:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My opinion is this format of league play on a weekend is better suited when the season is winding down and there is more on the line to play for...
Perhaps a 2-game weekend at year end would be exciting - and intense. Also, have significant Div 1, 2, and 3 games at the same time and location.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Purple Curtains! They're maroon, man! You're colour blind. Sapp has sweet kit!
I don't know how many cautions we got, but it wasn't a dirty game by any means.
If Sapp is Thugs 1, then RFC is Thugs 1a. Let's just agree that both teams have a 5 - 6 man goon squad that is sent out to intentionally injure the opponents best players.:mad:

I can't comment on that, WAB........as I'm not the coach but I"m sure Burnro and Mills can comment. :D

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good start for Sapp

4 points on the weekend. Matt Roselund with 2 goals. Likewise Stephan Schiedle (how did Westside let this guy slip through their fingers?). You can say Sapp was lucky vs the Hurricanes, but then again, Sapp has been down 0-2 vs them 3 times. Twice Sapp came back to tie, once Sapp won. So, the team has all the confidence in the world even when down to them.
Croatia had a shadow of a starting lineup, but managed to get back in the game when down 2 against Sapp. Sapp really should have had a couple more after hitting the crossbar a couple of times in the first, but it took some outstanding breakaway saves by Simon to allow Sapp to win it late.

After watching sapp v hurricanes the only way sapp came back was errors by hurricanes goalie.
Hurricanes were by far the more skilled team. the poco players just run hard .the new coach needs his own fitness trainer.
Croatia team v columbus were very weak so no surprise sapp won .
Sapps uniforms were also crappy.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
.the new coach needs his own fitness trainer.
WTF? Why is everyone on about my weight in the VMSL, I've been at Sapp for a month and my weight has ballooned? I've only been here 5 minutes and already been poisoned by dodgy dogs at Newton!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0