Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rovers United 3 - Delta U Hurricanes 2

Rizal with two and Bobby Jhutty with one. Bobby's goal was a thing of beauty as he pulled a Berkamp with his back to the goal about 4 yards into the 18, he receives a pass from Riz and flicks it over Millars head and left footed volley into the top corner. Gagan Josan with a great game for the Canes.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
my, (and most others), ears would have preferred a september suspension too

p.s. ref's response to the non-calll, when i queried as i mopped our front runner of the turf...and i quote: "ummmmm i'm not sure...". gotta love the conviction in that statement.

we can have no complaints about the final result. simply didn't create enough. to be honest, west van going down to 10 men was probably the worst thing that could have happened.

on to hibs.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rovers United 3 - Delta U Hurricanes 2

Rizal with two and Bobby Jhutty with one. Bobby's goal was a thing of beauty as he pulled a Berkamp with his back to the goal about 4 yards into the 18, he receives a pass from Riz and flicks it over Millars head and left footed volley into the top corner. Gagan Josan with a great game for the Canes.

Fun to watch at times.......

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 4 - Rovers United 1

Norvan scored two goals 5 mins into the game on very stupid mistakes by our team, their first goal was about 30 secs into the game. They made it 3-0 before half before we cut down to 3-1 with 20 left but it was too late. They hit two posts as well. Missing a few key players today but still shouldn't be run off the park like we did today. Two weeks off now and hopefully we can re-group and get everyone out to face a strong West Van team. Credit to Norvan and they kept working hard for the full 90.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 0 - 1 Richmond FC

Finally! I think that's the first time we've gotten all the points from those cnuts.

On a disappointing note, westside's young keeper went down in great discomfort after a tackle approx 35 yards out of his net. Hope it's not as bad as feared.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICST 5-0 Delta.

A clinic. ICST put on a clinic. They looked very good indeed. If I may, the official tonight was excellent in what what could have potentially been a very difficult game to referee. Lot's of passion and the pace looked incredible to this Master's player. Wow!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By all accounts, Peg is firing on all cylinders heading into nationals. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing... the last National Champions from BC lost all their games leading up to the big event.

:)

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
they are very deep, (essentially played two different shifts against us), and have at least 4-5 pure goal scorers, with a great combination of skill and toughness in the middle and very intelligent backline. we actually competed well last nite for 60 minutes, (we could have scored at least a couple in the 1st half but they're keeper made some excellent saves), but couldn't sustain it over 90 minutes and got dismantled the last 30 minutes.

i think peg has a legitimate shot at winning nationals. one area of concern may be their lack of height. not that i put alot of stock in that, but a bigger team, (particularly a big front runner), might cause problems. best of luck to reedie and his squad in montreal.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
By all accounts, Peg is firing on all cylinders heading into nationals. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing... the last National Champions from BC lost all their games leading up to the big event.

:)

Yep, a different approach for sure. Mind you, back then we were preparing for PEI, a city reknowned for their night life a la the Velvet Underground. Whereas, Montreal is a fairly tame city.

:cool:

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
they are very deep, (essentially played two different shifts against us), and have at least 4-5 pure goal scorers, with a great combination of skill and toughness in the middle and very intelligent backline. we actually competed well last nite for 60 minutes, (we could have scored at least a couple in the 1st half but they're keeper made some excellent saves), but couldn't sustain it over 90 minutes and got dismantled the last 30 minutes.

i think peg has a legitimate shot at winning nationals. one area of concern may be their lack of height. not that i put alot of stock in that, but a bigger team, (particularly a big front runner), might cause problems. best of luck to reedie and his squad in montreal.

Thanks Smalley.

I have to say that was an extremely enjoyable game to coach because with the Pacific Cup you are allowed to make unlimited subs at the half. With us in the middle of 3 games in 6 days and nationals on the horizon we had a plan to use a lot of subs regardless of the score and we did. 6 subs at the half and then 3 more subs 15 minutes into the 2nd half and suddenly all but one of our starting XI was on the sidelines cheering everyone on (you could see the cheers turn to looks of panic as we played better and better without them on the field and scored 3 more goals). It was a bit of a risk making so many changes in a cup game but it could not have worked out any better, as everyone got meaningful minutes in a meaningful game.

Back to the Pacific Cup for a moment...a little disappointed that our initial opponent, Gorge, dropped out of the tournament and were replaced by Westside via a coin toss against Abbotsford. This is not a slight at all against Westside because they were definitely their typical extremely hard working and well organized self and they were unlucky not to bag a goal, especially in the first half. As Smalley says, it was a very tight game for about 60 minutes. This may however be a slight on Abbotsford.

Anyway, it doesn't look very good on this new cup when teams are dropping out in the first round. We were looking forward to playing someone from outside of our league, which seemed to me to be one of the main purposes of the competition. Essentially, the blame here must fall completely on Cloughie because, in reality, after this weekend it could very easily turn into another VMSL cup. Yes, I am predicting Columbus will beat Poco. Delta Hurricanes will have their hands full on the road with Bays United though, especially if Bays has the same team as last year.

Oh well, looking forward to those Carlsberg samples, which apparently are awarded to winning teams in each round of play in the Pacific Cup.

:cool:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie...Bags are packed! Leitchy and I are making the trip.

You couldn't ask for better BC Ambassadors buddy.....Let's Go Mazda!!!!

See you at the Airport! Thanks for the invite pal....Top Shelf Baby!!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie.... My wife says I can go too. I'm in! Thanks for asking me and I will do curfew checks. No problem there. Never been to Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0