Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane

Nov 24, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
In response to some of the comments made,as a Hurricane player. thought we should give some insight

1) We started the game missing and resting a lot of our guys. Our centre mid played center back. Our left mid played left back. All of our role players played and some of our started didn’t start.

2) Campo tried to play and had three in the back. We exposed them over and over. If they wanted to they could have left 8 behind the ball but they kept wanting to play and kept getting exposed. Normally a team would adjust but they didn’t. They did not have any coaching on the sidelines. None of their players cared. At half time they were laughing.

3) This is the Prem league. The highest league in amateur soccer in the Province. This is not div 2 or div 3 or beer league or kids soccer. We are all men playing in this league. In La Liga Barcalona and Madrid hammer teams 8–0. 9-1. They don’t stop becuase they shouldn’t run up the score or apply the mercy rule. At any point Campo could have told the ref to stop the game. They didn’t. They kept playing and so did we. We asked the linesman if they wanted to stop and they did not.

4) At half time we put a central defender to play upfront and moved guys around to positions they don’t normally play.

5). I agree with Gilly. The league should consider dropping the number of teams in Prem. It is watered down.

6) We don’t apologize for the score line. Yes we felt sorry for the Campo players as they had no structure, no guidance, no system. However this is a competitive league. At Nationals, Yukon lost 11-0 to Manitoba. They didn’t decide to let up. As players we just want to play. Winning a game 17-1 is not fun. We are competitors and just compete regardless of the opponent and score.

Leblue

Oct 25, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey @GoF,
a) Do you happen to have footage of the infamous Campo vs Rovers game?

b) I think that most of us will agree with your comments about remaining competitive and the drawbacks having kids growing up with a false sense of competition. Having said this, a 17-1 game at Premier level has more deeper significance. This is what we are trying to explore here.

This is a game where the social convention has completely disintegrated. It is a "political" statement to the league and the soccer community by both sides. Perhaps the Rovens and Soolsma are sending the message that they will not up with this charade anymore. Please remember that up to last week we had people like @Canucks4Ever writing that Campo was not playing that bad. It had been obvious that the team was underperforming since last season, but this has been masked by other teams lowering performance or putting subs or call ups as Rinos did.

It is also a statement from the Campo players themselves. Allowing 17 goals requires complicity from the defending team. Perhaps this is a way of saying to the club and coach, enough is enough.

People have funny ways of deluding themselves into not wanting to see the obvious. However, when you give and allow a 17-1 score line you are FORCING people to see the obvious. @canucks can not write anymore that "Campo is actually playing well" and the coach or administration of the club can not keep ignoring that there is something intrinsically wrong with the club and that they have no business in premier. You have to remember that it is very hard for players to be consistently losing by a wide margin for more than a year now. Yes, you can have an positive game once in a while, but they must have know that most games were not feeling or looking like normal games.

c) as for @leblues, we can agree that the structure of having family and friends making decisions on the line ups is flawed and should be avoided.

However, my point for you guys is that this is only one side of the problem. The league is also to blame by not having the check and balances that would allow these things to happen. It is not an isolated problem. It is tied to not taking seriously the re-scheduling of DECISIVE games and understanding that it affects competition; it is tied to the lack of overseeing players transfers (Campo lost some players to Tigers and others and we all know why); it is tied to the lack of requirements for a stable and viable structure within teams and clubs. There are other factors that allowed this to continue, including implicit collusion of games.

Chile or Westside where the teams that should have stayed but at least one team made sure that the weakest team stayed.
Do not get me even started with the role that some referees play in the outcome of crucial games.

In summary, this is the natural and logical result of a series of institutional failures that the league needs to address.

This lopsided result is simply the natural outcome of more entrenched factors that need to be addressed.

I am trying that you guys look beyond the superficiality and realize that the league needs your involvement so it becomes more accountable and the problems get corrected.
Why did so many players leave Campo Atletico? What are you trying to say.....

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
In response to some of the comments made,as a Hurricane player. thought we should give some insight

1) We started the game missing and resting a lot of our guys. Our centre mid played center back. Our left mid played left back. All of our role players played and some of our started didn’t start.

2) Campo tried to play and had three in the back. We exposed them over and over. If they wanted to they could have left 8 behind the ball but they kept wanting to play and kept getting exposed. Normally a team would adjust but they didn’t. They did not have any coaching on the sidelines. None of their players cared. At half time they were laughing.

3) This is the Prem league. The highest league in amateur soccer in the Province. This is not div 2 or div 3 or beer league or kids soccer. We are all men playing in this league. In La Liga Barcalona and Madrid hammer teams 8–0. 9-1. They don’t stop becuase they shouldn’t run up the score or apply the mercy rule. At any point Campo could have told the ref to stop the game. They didn’t. They kept playing and so did we. We asked the linesman if they wanted to stop and they did not.

4) At half time we put a central defender to play upfront and moved guys around to positions they don’t normally play.

5). I agree with Gilly. The league should consider dropping the number of teams in Prem. It is watered down.

6) We don’t apologize for the score line. Yes we felt sorry for the Campo players as they had no structure, no guidance, no system. However this is a competitive league. At Nationals, Yukon lost 11-0 to Manitoba. They didn’t decide to let up. As players we just want to play. Winning a game 17-1 is not fun. We are competitors and just compete regardless of the opponent and score.
Well, there you have it. A team that for the first time is refusing to take part on this illusion that has been allowed to unfold for too long.
Thank you and well done.

Leblue

Oct 25, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nobody should feel sorry for campo. Their players loved telling opponents how bad they were when they were on the way up.

There’s a lot of Div 1+2 teams laughing at them right now
2 Promotions by default and getting blasted at the Premier level.....
In a season and a half goals against in triple digits......

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Run the score up for sure. End of year if it came down to goals for and against they will be happy they did .hurricanes kept playing not their fault. Like buddy said it's prem keep the ball outta your net . I just hope they bought campo a few beers from their cooler to drown their everlasting pain . 15 1 . Hahahaha .that's too funny.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It'll be hilarious if Campo drew a good div1 team like Columbus in cup play and beat them. That would really show the current state of affairs between the two divisions. Don't be that div1 side to lose. Lol

Leblue

Oct 25, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exciting mid season in Premier 1-8 are separated by 4 points with the Rovers having 2 games in hand.....
Should be a very exciting second half full of surprises...

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL protest or something regarding VMSL paid players... BC soccer investigation underway

SFU players not playing anywhere so as not upset NCAA

Trying to dig for more information on this one and how it pertains to the earlier GNAC investigation. I will say, as always in these cases, the "facts" that are bubbling up are murky at best, so take with a grain of salt:

The earlier GNAC investigation into SFU has concluded without any official sanctions; however this issue is clearly on the radar with NCAA and could be revisited following any potential BC Soccer investigation. As a result, SFU players are not playing in the VMSL until the dust settles. Tough to blame them, given it could jeopardize their academic careers.

Separate from that investigation, a formal complaint has been, or is about to be, lodged with BC Soccer regarding specific teams in the VMSL paying players. I believe the teams targeted are CCB and Rino's Tigers.

The complaint is being levied by the FVSL and VISL, though the FVSL is apparently the driving force. After not feeling that BC Soccer was addressing their concerns on this matter nor taking them seriously in any way, the plan was to take the complaint to CSA. Upon hearing this, BC Soccer intervened and requested that the complaint be filed with them and promised to give the matter its full attention. Hearing of this potential complaint, I am told by one source that the VMSL reached out at the last minute and requested to sign on to the complaint as well. The VMSL joining the complaint required board approval and I do not know if the board agreed, therefore I am not sure at this stage if the VMSL formally joined the complaint or not.

The stated goal of the complaint is to level the playing field in terms of adult amateur soccer in the province and, to that end, I am told that the complainants feel that they have the support of at least four or five VMSL Premier teams. These teams are supposedly willing to go on the record with BC Soccer regarding CCB and Rino's allegedly poaching their players with offers of financial compensation. Whether or not they will actually provide evidence if contacted by BC Soccer I don't know. I have been unable to verify the nature of the VMSL team's involvement with the complaint through any of my team sources as of yet.

Best I can add at the moment, not sure if anyone else has some info to share. Doesn't sound like this one is going to go away quietly and we are already seeing some collateral effects in the SFU players not playing at the moment.

The question has always been one of evidence, so we will wait and see if anybody has something tangible that can be held against one of the clubs purported to be engaging in the alleged activities.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was listening to @GoF 's podcast this morning, and had to check the date...he wasn't referring to Soolsma's tally from the week at Nationals, was he? No was he scored 14 during National's week. I know he got a hatty in the final.

14. One game. WTF.

My thoughts were:

~Wow, been on the wrong end and right end of some lopsided scores in my life, but never this bad. Never seen one player score more than 4 in one match.
~How would you even be able to show up to training the next week if you are Campo? The level of demoralization.

WTF is going on there?

As for this protest BS, no idea what this is about, just read it here for the first time, and not even sure how I feel about it. Fair play? Sure. Brown paper bags have always been the PED of choice in the VMSL. Like I said last year, if these players that are (allegedly) taking some extra cash were truly of a professional level, they'd be playing professionally. Not sure how you stop the money exchange.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do not play Premier but do know that players are being paid. However I do not see what the big deal is. If someone wants to pay someone for their service or for anything in that matter it is their choice. This has been happening for more than 20 years. And its not like they are being paid $50,000 to play in VMSL. If a coach/owner decides to pay that much for a player, once again, it is their choice.
Coaches take out players out for dinners/lunches after games and pay for their meals. Sometimes coaches can give certain players gas money and so on. Some coaches might give some money to certain players if they have kids and so on. What about giving them full time or part time employment? Bottom line is WHO CARES..Play the game to the best effort, enjoy every minute and stop hating on others. Enjoy this life, and if some extra money comes your way enjoy it. I always enjoyed playing against better players (paid or not) as it provides a real challenge.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't the ironic part of this that at least a couple of years ago Campo were being accused of paying their players? On their push to promotion, I think?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, I hope it's not too late to point out the obvious...and that is...had Campo been incentivized with post match ice cream cones I'm sure they would have put in a better effort. Shame.

Cian Carrol

Oct 3, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do not play Premier but do know that players are being paid. However I do not see what the big deal is. If someone wants to pay someone for their service or for anything in that matter it is their choice. This has been happening for more than 20 years. And its not like they are being paid $50,000 to play in VMSL. If a coach/owner decides to pay that much for a player, once again, it is their choice.
Coaches take out players out for dinners/lunches after games and pay for their meals. Sometimes coaches can give certain players gas money and so on. Some coaches might give some money to certain players if they have kids and so on. What about giving them full time or part time employment? Bottom line is WHO CARES..Play the game to the best effort, enjoy every minute and stop hating on others. Enjoy this life, and if some extra money comes your way enjoy it. I always enjoyed playing against better players (paid or not) as it provides a real challenge.

100% agree!

Leblue

Oct 25, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't the ironic part of this that at least a couple of years ago Campo were being accused of paying their players? On their push to promotion, I think?
Why play players if you are getting promoted by default and barely winning from what it seems....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0