Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not quite totally accurate...

Campo won their promotion from Div. 1 to Premier; it was their promotion from Div. 2 to Div 1 that they got by finishing as the next best team when Surrey Utd. created a vacancy.

As for marquee players, I suppose it depends on your definition, but they have employed (again depending on your definition of the term...) Ivan Colin who played semi-pro in the US and now plies his trade with Rino's and Dever Orgill who came up through the Whitecaps system for whatever it's worth.
I have to point out that this is a very clever political tactic from my friends at Rino's and @Canucks4Ever. I meant the tactic of invention, deflection, and obscuring an issue.

1) Derver Orgil never played for Campo Atletico. He only came to practice with the squad once. He is a nice guy. My understanding is that when he played with Campobasso, he got some sort of money or compesantion. I do not know if it is true or not. I was not there and there were differences of opinion within the squad. Some seemed to believe that he was paid. Others believed that he was not. I do not have concrete evidence for one or the other.

2) Ivan Colin showed for practice one night. He said that he wanted to play with players of Hispanic descent. One game he said that he was short in gas and he needed to borrow some money to get back. He and Cusano were supposed to do an exchange for the gas for that game. This is all.

Those two events are not even remotely near the scheme that the Tigers and Mohammed have been running for years.

They are trying to deflect a serious issue that they have been organizing for many seasons. It is about time for BC Soccer to start to do something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
guys, I understand that it will be difficult to completely prevent any transaction. However, measures can be put in place to diminish it and to send the message that this is not acceptable. The players, coaches and managers need to be educated and can be remained.

At this moment the burden should be on the players and teams. They are the ones that should show a commitment to no engage in the practice of playing players. It should not be innocent until proven guilty but the other way around.

When you have dozen of players flocking a team, it should be the duty of the team to provide valid reasons and assurances that they are trying to follow the practice of not paying players.

If a player is dropping from Premier to Division 2, as Milad did, it should be the coaches of the division 2 team and Milad himself the one that should be confirming in writing and orally that he is not receiving monetary compensation, and that failing to follow the commitment will result in heavy sanctions.

Requirements like these send a strong message to players and the community. The problem is that the VMSL truly sent this tacit message of endorsement.

BC Soccer and the VMSL can request a meeting with Mohammed and discuss the issue. Inquiry what he has to say. It is possible that he believes that this is not a big issue and that he is actually doing well for the soccer community here.

BC Soccer and the VMSL has to also request a meeting with Rinos. Why is that after they swore and accused the Tigers of paying players, then they got silenced when offered the Premier spot. It is impossible for the Rinos administration not to know that something fishy is going on.

It is truly impossible.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on guys....this team has been used for propaganda purposes in Saudi National TV. Please get real. This is not a legitimate amateur team.

Leblue

Oct 25, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to point out that this is a very clever political tactic from my friends at Rino's and @Canucks4Ever. I meant the tactic of invention, deflection, and obscuring an issue.

1) Derver Orgil never played for Campo Atletico. He only came to practice with the squad once. He is a nice guy. My understanding is that when he played with Campobasso, he got some sort of money or compesantion. I do not know if it is true or not. I was not there and there were differences of opinion within the squad. Some seemed to believe that he was paid. Others believed that he was not. I do not have concrete evidence for one or the other.

2) Ivan Colin showed for practice one night. He said that he wanted to play with players of Hispanic descent. One game he said that he was short in gas and he needed to borrow some money to get back. He and Cusano were supposed to do an exchange for the gas for that game. This is all.

Those two events are not even remotely near the scheme that the Tigers and Mohammed have been running for years.

They are trying to deflect a serious issue that they have been organizing for many seasons. It is about time for BC Soccer to start to do something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
guys, I understand that it will be difficult to completely prevent any transaction. However, measures can be put in place to diminish it and to send the message that this is not acceptable. The players, coaches and managers need to be educated and can be remained.

At this moment the burden should be on the players and teams. They are the ones that should show a commitment to no engage in the practice of playing players. It should not be innocent until proven guilty but the other way around.

When you have dozen of players flocking a team, it should be the duty of the team to provide valid reasons and assurances that they are trying to follow the practice of not paying players.

If a player is dropping from Premier to Division 2, as Milad did, it should be the coaches of the division 2 team and Milad himself the one that should be confirming in writing and orally that he is not receiving monetary compensation, and that failing to follow the commitment will result in heavy sanctions.

Requirements like these send a strong message to players and the community. The problem is that the VMSL truly sent this tacit message of endorsement.

BC Soccer and the VMSL can request a meeting with Mohammed and discuss the issue. Inquiry what he has to say. It is possible that he believes that this is not a big issue and that he is actually doing well for the soccer community here.

BC Soccer and the VMSL has to also request a meeting with Rinos. Why is that after they swore and accused the Tigers of paying players, then they got silenced when offered the Premier spot. It is impossible for the Rinos administration not to know that something fishy is going on.

It is truly impossible.

To your knowledge has anyone on that team ever been paid?
What is your prediction for their weekend matchup......

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
And to make to make it more explicit, the player confessed that he could never look to Mohamed in the eye when he was receiving the money in the envelope because he knew that it was wrong. However, the money was helping him to save for his airfare to fly back home.
Another player confessed that receiving some money was making him feel special and reassured in the field. The money was not making a big difference for him, but it was the psychological aspect that someone was willing to provide cash for his play that gave him confidence.

Guys, it is simply not right that a foreign government send cash to a team to play in an amateur league and the pretends that is competing in a semiprofessional and professional team back home. Please note that at the time of the video the Tigers where in Division 3 or 2 of the VMSL.

Can you imagine ESPN featuring a soccer team from an amateur league somewhere in Khazahstan?
I do not think that you realize how uncomfortable ackward the whole issue will become if the Tigers become Amateur Canadian Soccer Champions given all the diplomatic problems that have surfaced.

Leblue

Oct 25, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
And to make to make it more explicit, the player confessed that he could never look to Mohamed in the eye when he was receiving the money in the envelope because he knew that it was wrong. However, the money was helping him to save for his airfare to fly back home.
Another player confessed that receiving some money was making him feel special and reassured in the field. The money was not making a big difference for him, but it was the psychological aspect that someone was willing to provide cash for his play that gave him confidence.

Guys, it is simply not right that a foreign government send cash to a team to play in an amateur league and the pretends that is competing in a semiprofessional and professional team back home. Please note that at the time of the video the Tigers where in Division 3 or 2 of the VMSL.

Can you imagine ESPN featuring a soccer team from an amateur league somewhere in Khazahstan?
I do not think that you realize how uncomfortable ackward the whole issue will become if the Tigers become Amateur Canadian Soccer Champions given all the diplomatic problems that have surfaced.

I was talking about your team not the Tigers......
do you have any knowledge of anyone getting paid?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearing rumors that the VMSL Prem teams have all been summoned to a meeting.

Presumably Campo folding is on the docket with players looking for transfers left and right. If that is the case, it would be a real indictment of the league's failure to ensure competitiveness as well as Campo to create an environment that fosters a willingness for their players to play for the crest and the club's reputation as well as each other.

Alternatively I suppose the meeting could be about this protest/BC Soccer situation. In which case, expect a sh*t show of mudslinging and baseless accusations from all different sides mixed in with rumors, conjecture and, somewhere deep down, some facts.

Or maybe it is about both.

To be honest, I struggle to see how the teams could all meet without this BC Soccer investigation coming up, even if that is not the primary purpose for the meeting. I have learned that the VMSL did not get board approval to sign on with the FVSL to the complaint sent to BC Soccer publicly, but that privately some members of the board are supporting it. I have also confirmed two VMSL Premier teams that I am reasonably assured will be supporting the complaint and a third that is actively weighing its options.

The court of public opinion is clearly divided on this matter, so it will be very interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Young23

Dec 9, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have been close to the club of CAMPO for their entire journey from div 2 to premier. they have never paid players.
I remember when tanoa paid players in division 2 a few years ago. it was common knowledge to everyone.EVERYONE. exept the VMSL. i even watched the game when Campo played tanoa, with 5 mins left Campo up 3-1, Milad (one of the players being paid) sucker punched a player in the face on Campo during the game. no discipline brought. not even questions asked.
same with rinos players. go ask any player anyone who knows the VMSL. they will laugh and say of course. its obvious.
why are people sitting here saying "dId yoUu SEE hiM giVe hIm tHe cAsHh tHoUgh???"

also just some inside knowledge on campo,
alot of rumors speculation going around.
campo had a shitty coach last year who really mucked it all up. they pulled it out of their ass last year with pure heart and dedication by the players. then this year the transition went poorly to a new coach. they had key players not return. and thats why you are seeing them struggle.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearing rumors that the VMSL Prem teams have all been summoned to a meeting.

Presumably Campo folding is on the docket with players looking for transfers left and right. If that is the case, it would be a real indictment of the league's failure to ensure competitiveness as well as Campo to create an environment that fosters a willingness for their players to play for the crest and the club's reputation as well as each other.

Alternatively I suppose the meeting could be about this protest/BC Soccer situation. In which case, expect a sh*t show of mudslinging and baseless accusations from all different sides mixed in with rumors, conjecture and, somewhere deep down, some facts.

Or maybe it is about both.

To be honest, I struggle to see how the teams could all meet without this BC Soccer investigation coming up, even if that is not the primary purpose for the meeting. I have learned that the VMSL did not get board approval to sign on with the FVSL to the complaint sent to BC Soccer publicly, but that privately some members of the board are supporting it. I have also confirmed two VMSL Premier teams that I am reasonably assured will be supporting the complaint and a third that is actively weighing its options.

The court of public opinion is clearly divided on this matter, so it will be very interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Thank you, @Canucks4Ever, for the information. At the end this will improve, the VMSL. I am sure it will be a heated discussion.giphy.gif

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes and penguins can fly too.....you are full of shite.

Derver Orgil and Ivan Colin were getting paid its a common knowledge. Do you really think a player of Derver caliber would come to train with Campo just because he wanted to get extra training? He was getting offers from a lot of teams and he chose Campo because they were paying him more, its a common knowledge by all local teams.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone please pass the popcorn? Best reading on TTP in a while. VMSL. Fcuking cheaters. LOL.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Derver Orgil and Ivan Colin were getting paid its a common knowledge. Do you really think a player of Derver caliber would come to train with Campo just because he wanted to get extra training? He was getting offers from a lot of teams and he chose Campo because they were paying him more, its a common knowledge by all local teams.

I believe Orgill was going out with someones sister on Campobasso. I heard that was the reason why he played with them back then. He also left the team the following year to play prem if I recall. So she must have dumped him or vice versa. :smuggrin:

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI for those playing along at home:

VMSL Premier meeting goes November 28 and agenda is player compensation and some sort of all-star game.

Campo forge(??) onward for now...

Leblue

Oct 25, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond 0-3 CCB
Pegasus 1-3 Rino's
Croatia 2-0 Norvan
West Van 1-2 Rovers
Campo Atletico 1-6 Metro Ford
Guilford 2-3 EDC Inter

Young23

Dec 9, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money

Derver never played for Campo Atletico. He came to a training to say Hi once pre season to say hi to some of the members he used to play with on Campobasso. (a club ran by a diffrent manager). Get your facts straight bud. I was at that practice. He scored a bicycle kick from outside the 18 during that practice which was cool. nobody was recruting him he came to get a jog in and say hi.
Also Ivan was never paid by Campo.
Go ahead and talk shite take the piss but man your credibility on knowing what goes on around here is pretty sad. starting rumors to be accepted by the cool kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0