Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL Premier: Results and Banter, November 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed Termatofylakas. But the fair result stands.

Sir M.

PS: it is really hard to spell your name. Try something more simple, like for example Sir Termatofylacas.

Just a suggestion.

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Sir M as they say you have to be good to be lucky and lucky to be good. On any other day it could have been 3 or 4-0 as laylow stated. I was expecting a more cautious approach but both teams went for it which was great to see. West Van is a solid team so it wasn't too surprising to see them regroup at the half. Only thing I will say is unless your keeper had an off day he was the only weakness but seemed to settle down a bit in the second half.

He did have an off day and he would be the first to say that.

So far this season he has done very well for us. Keeper isn't a weakness for us with Marco or Nick in net.

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
In North Vancouver today:

Norvan 1 Delta 3

No Whistler Blower to be seen ... what happened...Fired?

Went to the game as I was told that Delta's coach was an ass....but he was very quiet.....BTW very young Delta side.

Pacific2010

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta is a Cap team with best kids one can get in the area. It is good on Bob to show the rest that fit kids can beat grown men. It tells us that soccer has to improve localy.
There is far tomany primadonas out there not willing to work hard or go to dam practices.
If they do not practice they will get smacked. You should see in Youth levels. You have even more primadonas. Just saw good youg keeper on Burnaby youth side. Nick Yarnold.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Utd/FF 2: WVFC 1. I was late arriving, so I did not see what happened in the first 30 or so, I will let laylow comment on that. But it was a very unusual result, based on the run of play that I witnessed anyway after the first 30. But if WV is going to win trophies this year, they need to overcome this type of thing.

Do I sound like Oranje?

Anyway, it was good to see Ballbaby today, always a pleasure, and nice to see some sun, as that was not going on the North Shore.

PS, wasn't this our home game?

Just wondering...Sir M.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Utd/FF 2: WVFC 1. I was late arriving, so I did not see what happened in the first 30 or so, I will let laylow comment on that. But it was a very unusual result, based on the run of play that I witnessed anyway after the first 30. But if WV is going to win trophies this year, they need to overcome this type of thing.

Do I sound like Oranje?

Anyway, it was good to see Ballbaby today, always a pleasure, and nice to see some sun, as that was not going on the North Shore.

PS, wasn't this our home game?

Just wondering...Sir M.

Pleasure to see you too SirM, more pleasure than ever if you know what I mean.:eek:

Egads man. If you know what I mean. Seriously!!:D

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 2 - Inter 0

I'll start off the posts for today's game (wait a sec, Clanbus doesn't post, do they?). 0-0 up til the 82nd minute. First half was back and forth - we probably had a little more possession but fairly even. Second half was all us - carried most of the possession and had all of the chances. Newly signed Battista from UBC and Noni from Cap did well on the attack, getting in behind the Columbus defense. We had many chances, but none of our shots were that dangerous - either struck wide or over goal, deflected wide for a corner, just blocked. A few crosses went right across the goal but no one there to finish. Unlucky not to get a break for all that we created.

Renee was in the middle and didn't really miss too much - up until the 82nd minute, that is. A counterattack from their right side saw a through ball to TK and 3 other players, all of whom were in offside positions, apparently from our sideline by at least 2 yards. The flag didn't go up, and Renee decided he wasn't in position to overrule it.

Columbus knew they got out of today's battle with luck on their side. Two losses in a row, neither of which should not have happened (PS: Westside game should never have resulted in a 2-1 loss regardless of our crap performance when they dropped to 10 men). Story of the season so far. I hope the second half of the year will tell a different story, and we'll get a few more bounces.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga,

That "call" could've gone either way. Personally I thought I saw the defender get 'all ball' or at least enough for Rene to feel comfortable in allowing play to continue.

Either way, he was going have his ears bleeding from supporters :D

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga

Regarding the "PK" call, on that tackle I got all ball and I think TK would agree. Regarding the game, we lost...irrespective of the offside goal, bottom line is Clanbus found a way to win the game and got the three points. On to next week.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, I spoke to him after the game and he said it should have been a peno, just like he said he was onside for the goal.

Who to believe?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm with Bronco. God knows he's never embellished to get a PK and swear up and down I kicked him and not the ball.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
ummm, care to expand on why? what should your "crap performance" resulted in?

Coming off a strong performance against WV and coming into the game with a solid squad, we should have done better. To lose against any team with 10 men is inexcusable, which was what I was getting at with my comment. A tie would have been more fitting for the match, but still disappointing for our team's expectations for the season. It was a winnable game against Westside, and we didn't deliver. Need to focus our attention to the final third of the pitch...

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 0-0 Delta Whitecaps...game ended at 75th minute.

Good game up until 75th minute, both teams created good chances, we missed a PK and had one called back that was never offside.

First half, their head coach, the one with the German accent gets sent off by Miro, for beaking and being an idiot, Miro tells him to leave 2-3 times, finally he does. Two mins later he comes back and stands behind his teams bench, I guess Miro didn't notice this. Then second half, he is still standing right behind his teams bench, coaching the team from there, Miro finally see's this, tells him to leave the field 3-4 times, and says if he doesn't leave he's gonna call the game, the coach doesn't go anywhere, so Miro calls it.

Guess we'll see how the league deals with it, hopefully 3 points for us.

What a stupid coach!

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 2 - Sporting 1

Sporting scored early in the game but we tied it up 15 mins into the second half on a great free kick by Sasa Plavsic. We got the winner with 7 mins left with Nemanja Okuka finishing off a perfect cross by Dejan Nesic. Huge win for us tonight.

alleyezonme

Nov 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
what's the deal with the rookie whitecaps club..2nd game abandoned in 3 weeks.. not only do their players yap too much but the coach can't even abide to the refs.. where's the professionalism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0