Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL Premier: Results and Banter, November 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 1 Norvan 2, no own goals or bad deflections this week. Smily was great he made some huge saves. Harp and Blakeway with the goals, on to Serbia next week.

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SUF 2 Clanbus 3
Good goals at both ends. Surrey started well, scored early (2-1 at the half) but ran out of gas. Clan got stronger as the game progressed and got more of the chances in the second half. Surrey keeper stood on his head but it wasn't quite enough. Fair result.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a game by Millar and North Van boys. They truly needed the points tonight. Down one to zero most of the game came back tied the game. Stumbeled on a PK that should have not been a PK and then took a lead few minutes to go with a grate passthrough goal. Sporting did deserve better outcome in the game tonight. Nerves were the biggest factor in tonights match for Sporting.

Could you please explain what you mean by your last sentence. Nerves?

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro-Ford 1 - Inter 0

Another disappointing result for Inter. First 25, we pissed all over them (in the words of Kingsley :) ), with all the play in their end and Sheldon unlucky not to find the back of the net on a near break-away from a great through-ball from Colin. So many chances to have a crack, but we instead looked for the better chance and instead laid the ball off. Metro-Ford then came on strong with pressure thereafter and had more of the play in our half. Not many chances created though - most attempts were from a distance, except for an MF corner that headed off the line by Sunny who was sitting at the side of the post.

Second half belonged primarily to MF. We tried to switch formations to get the better of them, but instead it worked against us. Omary and their tall striker (can't remember number) were dangerous up front. Sad to say but Keegan, Shags, and Richy were strong in the centre of the pitch. Goal came off of a punt from Bird which eventually landed to Price in the middle who did well to lay it off to his backline who then fed it along the right hand side and into Keegan who was able to turn and play it down the right flank for a first time cross onto the path of the tall striker (can't remember his number/name) who easily played it into the goal (after he put it over on a sitter 5 minutes earlier). That's all MF needed, as we pushed forward but did not have any success finding the goal. We had a couple chances, but in the end, given MF's 2nd half performance, (as I hate to say it) it was probably a fair result.

Looking forward to finally getting our bounces in front of goal as we come into this second half of the season... Should be a battle vs. Surrey next week for the 3 points! Wish I could be there, Left Only ;-)

Seds

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 2 - Club I 2

All the goals in the second with Club I scoring 20 mins into the second half off a scramble in the six yard box. We then tied it 10 mins later on a nice one two passing with Dejan Purisic finishing it off. Club I then scored their second of the match a wicked shot that hit the bottom of the crossbar and in. We then pressured and were rewarded with 6 mins to go with Dejan getting his second of the match on a backheel. Good game with both team playing hard trying to get all three points.

The first half for both squads was on the slow side IMO, a feeling out stage of each other if you will. Second half starts, we come out dead flat and Serbia comes out flying, pissing all over us is our final 3rd but couldn't create the end product. Halfway through the half, we draw a foul and capitalize on a scramble to go up 1-nil. Serbia then kicks off to re start play, stringing a couple quality balls together and bury one immediately after going down. Criminal defending on our part, 1-1.
We gather ourselves and manage to create another well taken oppurtunity to take a late lead, and what happens, Serbia again re starts play and scores minutes later off a terrible scramble in our box. 2-2 the final.

Personally Im gutted having pissed away 2 leads in such a short period of time and giving away 2 out of the 3 possible points. Credit to the Serb lads who really do posses and distribute the ball very well, constantly pushing forward.

Delta 6 Weakside 0 ?!?! WTF happened there Dancing Bear :confused:

Thank you MF for keeping Inter in our sights :) See you next weekend

CIC

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter finaly gets the cat from North Van to come to play in goal. It is nice to see John Carlo in Inter group. That alone will make Inter one hell of a side to beat after Christmas.
Now if they can swing lefty over also it will be even better. Millar has turnd the corner and is on the "UP" swing with North Van side. Wao I see Burnaby Canadian boys up there it's nice. Millar added three quqlity players to his side and it shows. It was a nice win for them against Sporting ho came to play and did play a solid game.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
any have game report on Delta game at SFU?

Delta are a good, young side with speed, good movement and can finish. They train 6-7 times a week and it showed. That being said, the ref decided this one very early on. First goal, we get caught coming out the back, ball gets played forward to what looked like an offside Delta lad who puts it in. 2nd goal, breakdown in the middle and same scenario but the lad had to be a good 5 yards off! Pandemonium ensues and tempers get flared. 2 buzz. Fair enough, the ref did mention that it looked offside but thats what he has a linesman for. Apparently over-ruling a linesman isn't an option. Maybe 5 minutes later, Delta have a throw-in to the corner of our box...our defender goes up with their forward to challenge and the young lad goes down:eek:. A very soft penalty. 3 buzz after what must have been 20 minutes.
We go down to 10 men after a half hour for a 2nd yellow. Having a chat with an opponent sarcastically is seen as an offence:confused:. End of story. They score 3 in the second half. Report done.

Moving on.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody that trains more than five times a week has got the rocks for brain. You need to recover from all that training and playing or your cuve of development will go face down in a year. Reason burn out. Fine they are young, but still not corect. Three hour and a half practices a week are more than anyone will ever need. Only paid proes go four times a week. One of those days is for upper body development only.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody that trains more than five times a week has got the rocks for brain. You need to recover from all that training and playing or your cuve of development will go face down in a year. Reason burn out. Fine they are young, but still not corect. Three hour and a half practices a week are more than anyone will ever need. Only paid proes go four times a week. One of those days is for upper body development only.

Thanks, Jose Mourinho. :)

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter finaly gets the cat from North Van to come to play in goal. It is nice to see John Carlo in Inter group. That alone will make Inter one hell of a side to beat after Christmas.
Now if they can swing lefty over also it will be even better. Millar has turnd the corner and is on the "UP" swing with North Van side. Wao I see Burnaby Canadian boys up there it's nice. Millar added three quqlity players to his side and it shows. It was a nice win for them against Sporting ho came to play and did play a solid game.

Dont think that goaltending is the problem with Inter... they have Erman in net who is a really good goalie... was Inters MVP last season, had the best goals against in premier as well... from what Inter guys have said this year he once again has been solid.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
interesting... because they were trying to replace him before the season... and then they went out and signed another keeper mid season. yep... they are showing a lot of confidence in him.

that said... from what i've seen, he is a good keeper. but 2 things bug me about the way he plays.

1 - he tries to make every save look like a highlight save. delaying and diving, rather than just moving his feet. new generation, i guess. gotta look good. not how i have ever been coached.

2 - he flops like a striker looking for a foul. keepers dont flop. period.

again... not taking anything away from his ability... as he seems to be a decent keeper. just a different style.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
interesting... because they were trying to replace him before the season... and then they went out and signed another keeper mid season. yep... they are showing a lot of confidence in him.

that said... from what i've seen, he is a good keeper. but 2 things bug me about the way he plays.

1 - he tries to make every save look like a highlight save. delaying and diving, rather than just moving his feet. new generation, i guess. gotta look good. not how i have ever been coached.

2 - he flops like a striker looking for a foul. keepers dont flop. period.

again... not taking anything away from his ability... as he seems to be a decent keeper. just a different style.

The reason why they were looking for a keeper was because Erman went to Europe to tryout and wasnt sure if he would come back so obviously they would want to find a keeper. They signed the Norvan goalie because Kindel got hurt and London left.

Sixfyv... I agree with your two points about him showing off ... it is a new generation I guess... but at the end of the day he keeps the ball out of the net.... about the flopping shite, I heard about the incident at nations between Croatia and Ireland.....

alleyezonme

Nov 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
hahaha the mighty mattress is rattled.. buuut has the last say about goaltending.. after all he was a POW winner (i guess)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is the best thing about a good keeper. Nuber one he makes a key save. Number two he knows when to slow the game down and how. Thats what class is all about.
Inter is way better team with him in goal. Nothing against the young guy. John Carlo is way better...... And on top of it if you stand up and make a save. You have only six seconds to move the ball. Somtime that is not enough for your side under the presure to move in to good playing position. Wao if lefty joind him look out.

HAPPY GILMOUR

Aug 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
so you guys are baseing this on class?? Last time I checked it's about keeping the ball out of the net an erman is world class at doing so an yeah I know he's a cocky Lil shite but he is one of the best keepers in this province....an if he's got all you vets on a hook already then he's doing his job pretty good.....an jc is a great keeper an will help inter alot this year an in years to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0