Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter – March & April 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizou

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter – March 05'

Croatia 2:1 AFC
Didn't see the game but AFC scored first, Croatia replied in the 2nd half. Also heard the game wasn't very entertaining.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

AFC: definitely wins the award for the worse uniforms in the league...they need help from calvin klein...boy are those unifroms ulgy...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The noose tightens ever so slightly on the Inter boys. Croatia on their back, Sap nipping at their heals.......oooooohhh.

Inter has: Croatia as well as Surrey included in their last 4 games

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

surrey had nothing going forward and can thank smiles for stealing them a point.
True dat, but on the other side of the coin it was stellar team deafence... all 84 minutes of it. I think from minute 8 we knew it wasn't happening and we bunkered down and defended. Smiles, was and has been at his very best the last couple of weeks. Sporting looked very good going forward today.

Someone please tell me when gomsey jr stops running.

In another type of game it was Trollers 6 players to Surrey's 5 in the parking lot battle, though G was getting ready to make a beer run. I'm not sure how it finished but I think I saw 2 trollups looking for their keys as I left to even it up.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

knvb said:
True dat, but on the other side of the coin it was stellar team deafence... all 84 minutes of it. I think from minute 8 we knew it wasn't happening and we bunkered down and defended. Smiles, was and has been at his very best the last couple of weeks. Sporting looked very good going forward today.

This was only apparent because they had to move one of thier LARGE players to the back line to mark Blakeway. :D

KNVB said:
Someone please tell me when gomsey jr stops running.

I tried to call him right now but his mom told me he went for a run to work on some fitness, for next weeks match
:knvb:

Cheers
JB

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nil- nil and we still lose

:mad: two trollups left at the tailgaiter when surrey
rolled out. those pne rides hurt my knees and back :(

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyone have the results from the Westside vs AFC game? I know Sapp beat Sporting (1-0 I think) and Surrey beat Firemen 3-1.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 2
AFC 1

we'll leave the relegation worries to might khalsa and the trollups. we carried the play for the first 25. as usual, couldn't finish our chances and found ourselves down 1-0 on a great shot. our keeper made a stunner of a save on another cracker that kept us in it. we scored late in the first half. winner was scored about mid way through the second half and we hung on from there.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sap 1 - Sporting 0

Not since 1997 have we been at the top of the table this late in the season.

A pretty good game at Adanac. It was intense for the most part. The 1st was an evenly played game; fairly scrappy at times. Not the prettiest of soccer, but there was moments. The 2nd, Sporting had most of the play and the good chances and should have won the game but Breure made some outstanding saves.

We got our goal when Trevor Todd, the "Sporting Killer" quickly turned in the box and placed the shot into the top corner of the net that just elluded Brum's finger tips.

We haven't played a really good game lately, but we keep getting the wins. I just hope we can keep this hot streak alive.

JB really fills out those size L shorts. Time to face reality and move up to the XL. ;)

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

whataboutbob said:
JB really fills out those size L shorts. Time to face reality and move up to the XL.

Ouch.

Worst part is that those are the XL shorts.

In his defense, JB wears those sliding/compression (read: fancy boy) shorts underneath, which may give the impression of excess junk in the trunk.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

WAB: you guys could try passing and ball control as an option to wellying it up the park every time.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

sensei_hanson said:
Ouch.

Worst part is that those are the XL shorts.

In his defense, JB wears those sliding/compression (read: fancy boy) shorts underneath, which may give the impression of excess junk in the trunk.

Actually those shorts are a size large and when you are ordering shorts from overseas you should always get the larger ones especially when you have an oversized Scot on your team. I am not as small as those good damn pork chops :D

WAB pretty fair read of the game, again for the 6 game we are unable to finish our tea in our attacking third. It is becoming our slide away from the possible provincial run. Hopefully we can find the back of the net instead of the bottom of the cooler.

Cheers
JB

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Reccos said:
WAB: you guys could try passing and ball control as an option to wellying it up the park every time.
The sad part is we do try passing it up the park, but we haven't been too effective lately. However, at the beginning of the year, we were moving the ball around beautifully but getting no results. And since winning is the almighty, well, winning is what were doing. Again, for how long who knows.
Me thinks its time we go back to the basics in practise.

PS...Birds may love champions, but they lust after the all-time greats! No, seriously, they really do! :D

Colts 88.

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
match o the day

have to say that the other 3 prem games today are easy to call.
the battle of the day should be at cloverdale with mf battling
for a prov. spot and the reds trying to all but wrap up the b side.
...i can't tell a lie, i'm cheering 4 the spotted cats tomorrow!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

West Van Trollers 2 Pegasus F.C. 1

Went out and caught this one and Peg were up 1-0 after 20. London went off at half time with an injury, and Reedie had to play in goal :eek: . Second half, W Van scores, then some Trollers guy kicks Reedie (or not...I did not see the play) but Trollers score as a result...Peg are pretty upset by the non-call: Dodd protests the call to the sage :rolleyes: official and for his dissent gets a straight red. Reedie is done for the day because of the kick and has 2 come off. Who is next in goal but Dailly, yes Paul Dailly. Peg hold their own until down the left side one of the Peg guys (a young Surrey lad not sure of his name) elbows a WVan player between the shoulder blades as he goes by...and the learned official pops out another red...for an elbow tap to the back...this happend right in front us and was, really, a foul for sure and at best a yellow...anyway Peg were down to 9 after the red...then Stedman gets into a problem and yes..gets sent off as well...down in the corner which I could not see for all of the overzealous formerly Deep Cove types charging out on the field...and Peg plays the rest of the game with 8 players (and almost tied it). Paul Dailly in goal behind 7 out players.

From the sublime to the ridiculous.

The officiating was embarassing but Well Done Trollers.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapp 1
Khalsa 0

guess the relegation is sealed.
khalsa had a guy playing with a toque! that alone deserves relegation.
hos, there must be some sort of kangaroo court for that. feel free to field your cat team next sunday. ;) we might be depening on results.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Watched half the Sapperton-Khalsa game.

That kit of Khalsa's is so bad I can see why HOS left it at home!!

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Firemen 6
Croatia 3

:eek:

jarvie might have clinched the golden boot with a scoreline like that...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

cerebral smallsy said:
Firemen 6
Croatia 3

:eek:

jarvie might have clinched the golden boot with a scoreline like that...

Surprising that Croatia let six goals in. I watched the SU Croatia game a couple of weeks ago in Imperial Cup and the Croatia defense looked pretty solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0