Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter – March & April 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter – March 05'

jarvie might have clinched the golden boot with a scoreline like that...

Of course Jarvie thought it was more important to be in Dominican Republic instead of trying to clinch the Golden Boot....I can't say I blame him?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

cerebral smallsy said:
Sapp 1
Khalsa 0

guess the relegation is sealed.
khalsa had a guy playing with a toque! that alone deserves relegation.
hos, there must be some sort of kangaroo court for that. feel free to field your cat team next sunday. ;) we might be depening on results.

Well first off, the guy with the toque is our asst. coach and over 40, so he can wear the toque because he has no hair, you did well Rod. The kangaroo court is showing up to the match with no balls or water bottles.

We gave it our all yesterday at muddy Adanac, it was a great game, I am sure all the people out watching will say, both teams battled hard and both had some good chances to win the match. Khalsa threw everything at them in the second half, but we just couldn't score, Cory made a couple of great saves (but landed in Dog Shitt for it ;) ) and then Sap. scored on a counter attack with about 5 to go, Luke Hogan was sent in on me on a bad angle and was able to get a ball across to a wide open player. It is too bad that we couldn't have battled like that in some of our other games, but when I look at how many games we lost in the last 5 minutes (probably 5) you wonder with some training sessions and a little fitness if that might have got us a few more points this year, a few more healthy bodies would help too.

Sure sounds like a circus out at the West Van game, but good on Peg for giving it their all and still trying to get the win.

Sorry smallsy, don't think you will get the CAT team next week, on a sad note, the Coach of the CAT team son has gone missing and I think it is more important that he is found safe than any soccer game in the world.

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

HOS,

I think you're right that if every game you played this season was like yesterday's game, you guys wouldn't be in this spot. WV is brutal, but that's OK to keep a shitt team around every year...I just hope they're on our side next year.

You played great....came up with some good stops and both keepers kept it close.

More to come on the game later.

PS Where's Parm?

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Took in the Khalsa - SAP match. Must say that Khalsa had a lot of chances but just lacked finish. Matt Mori had a great game and clearly is one of the best players in the VMSL. Khalsa deserved to win the game. HOS, where has the organization of Khalsa gone? No uniforms, balls, water bottles.

Also, who is the coach of the CAT team?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Free rounds of beer won by Surrey 3 - Jamie Fletcher 0. Cheers red face.

I thought we played well yesterday and all things considered the score line could have been wider if it weren't for a couple great saves late by the MF keeper.

Paul Sheppard notched his second shut out in his second game for us. (good stuff porky pies,) He was forced to make an early break away save on Veer and a good jumping save off a YBK shot that he tipped off the cross bar. Walks was his usual self and is currently out at Cloverdale doing field repairs to the hole he dug in the center circle.

1 more point by us or a dropped point by clan-bus and we clinch side b.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter 1 - WSide 3

Quite an entertaining game in the mud at Adanac. Both teams had trouble keeping their footing but WSide benefited the most from the field conditions. Although WSide deserved to be ahead early on, Inter went up 1 buzz midway thru the 1st on a Corazza fine individual play. But give WSide full marks as they stormed back and tied it on a fine one-touch goal off a cross.

The second had both teams going forward, but the turning point was Inter putting Tempesta out on the left D (he was playing good in the mid). WS exploited the move and 2 goals were created from that side.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ankle Breaker said:
HOS, where has the organization of Khalsa gone? No uniforms, balls, water bottles.
No CAT team? At least someone from Khalsa could have contacted Sap to tell us they wouldn't be playing Sunday. Thanks.

As for the Sap game. Both teams had chances, most clear cut was Luke Hogans free shot in the 10 yard line. In the last 15 minutes, everytime Sap came down the park, it felt like we were getting closer and closer to that goal.

soca

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

will there even be a Khalsa team next year, and could some of the boys jump ship to indo / akal?

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Columbus 3
AFC 2

Joe Scigs with two, to bring him up to 10 for the year. He could of had 4. Anyways we will take it.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hands of Stone said:
Sorry smallsy, don't think you will get the CAT team next week, on a sad note, the Coach of the CAT team son has gone missing and I think it is more important that he is found safe than any soccer game in the world.

hos

Hey WAB, I think this post speaks for itself, I think there are some things more important going on than a silly CAT game, ya, it is to bad that someone didn't phone the league, I thought after the cancelling of last weeks game, and the 11-nil game to MF the week before, that the rest of the season was done. Thoughts still go out to Ricky and Paul, hope all works out for your familly.

Looks like Side A has really outplayed Side B this year, on to Div 1 next year, well Div. 1 FVSL, lets go Rangers.

Funny thing after the match, the coach from Douglas Collage comes up to me and asks me out next year, well after I told him the greys are natural and that I played 15 years ago in that league, he asked if I had any eligability left. Are there no young keepers out there anymore?

hos

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I believe there is a very serious family situation. I will leave it at that, and hope that all turns out for the best. But that is why there is no CAT team for the time being.

CJ

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

A few possibilities here for this Douglas College coach's actions:

1. He figures you could use an education
2. He watched your actions off the pitch and figured you're an excited soon-to-be high school grad in need of discipline
3. Saw you naked in the changeroom and mistook your waxed pubic area for pre-puberty
4. Figured you would have some eligibility left as the odds of graduation were slim
5. He is retarded

Ballbaby

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ballbaby said:

1. He figures you could use an education
2. He watched your actions off the pitch and figured you're an excited soon-to-be high school grad in need of discipline
3. Saw you naked in the changeroom and mistook your waxed pubic area for pre-puberty
4. Figured you would have some eligibility left as the odds of graduation were slim
5. He is retarded

Ballbaby:

All of the above ;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

This weekends results

Sapperton Rovers v Khalsa SC 1-0
Trollers FC v Pegasus FC 2-1
Surrey United v Metro-Ford Wolves 3-0
Vanc. Firefighters v Croatia SC 6-3
AFC Leopards v Columbus-Clan 2-3
ICSF Inter v Westside Rino 1-3
Sporting Club v Burnaby Canadians 0-1

What is that the 5th week in a row Sporting has been shut-out?

Hope no one has planned anything over the long weekend... :rolleyes:

MAKE UP GAMES

Friday
Pegasus FC v Surrey United
Columbus-Clan v Metro-Ford Wolves
ICSF Inter v Trollers FC
Westside Rino v Sapperton Rovers
Burnaby Canadians v AFC Leopards

Sunday
Sapperton Rovers v Burnaby Canadians
Westside v Khalsa SC
Columbus-Clan v Sporting Club
Surrey United v ICSF Inter

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 3
Inter 0

fully deserved 3 points today. really, not far off from the imperial cup game a couple weeks back, minus the result. obviously the time of year that this squad loves...start looking over your shoulders' kids...the dancin' bear is dancin' now ;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ballbaby said:

Balls, I thought about it last night, I made a mistake, he didn't say Keeper, he said "Kit Cleaner". I told him about my nightmare vs. Norvan in Imperial Cup, when the kit stayed home, and he said no problem, we will start you out as Back-up "Kit Cleaner"
HOS is going back to College, Road Trip!
When is the first Keg'r?

hos

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

who wants some???

yes please. the other big red maching keeps rollin too kid. ;)

i should rectify a clerical error, inter did score one goal in the game yesterday: 3-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0