Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter – March & April 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter – March 05'

cerebral smallsy said:
yes please. the other big red maching keeps rollin too kid. ;)

I will take some, I can't wait for a chance to kick that Smallsy kid this weekend, now that is what I am playing for now.

hos

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sporting 0 - 1 Burnaby

Man are we having trouble finding the back of the net! We had some good chances to score, especially in the first half, but we were just unlucky. One minute left in the game and Burnaby score to steal the win. Gino pushed off our defender, who goes down on the top of the box, and then slips it past Brum and no call on the play! We were livid, but what can you do. That one point could be huge. Hagi really had a shocker in the middle today. Yellow cards flying for nothing both ways, but mainly against us. Dario apparently saw a Burnaby player do something behind the play, can't remember what it was, maybe just a push or something, but he yells "Hagi, didn't you see that!" Hagi blows the whistle, gives Burnaby a free kick and gives Dario a yellow. I mean, you can't win if you don't score, but a point would of put us ahead of the firefighters, you have to call that pushoff, everyone saw it.

Disgruntled,
Gomesy

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would have to agree with Gomesy on this one the worst officiating I have seen in a while. I am sure that some of the Burnaby guys can agree with me that there were some phantom calls out on the pitch. This is not to make excuses for our loss, however it does make one for burnaby's victory. We had multiple chances to score in both halves and the result wasn't great. I will give credit to Burnaby's keeper he played well with all the pressure applied by us. I guees we will have to win the next game however it will be difficult but I am sure the boys will produce.

Cheers
JB

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter 2 - Trollers 0

Not a pretty game to watch but Inter got the win which is the most important thing. Tino and Brian got the goals. Dennis Kindel played very well in net for Inter..

Heard that Westside beat Sap 3-1 which means Inter controls their own destiny to win their side.

Next up is Surrey on Sunday

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I heard MF beat Clan-Bus 3-1, BBY beat AFC 2-0 and Slurrey won 5-1 vs a very disinterested team in blue.

Slurrey clinch Side B - and looks like Sporting hold the 8th and final provincial spot in their own hands.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 3
Sapp 1

i'ms sure WAB is drafting up a protest as i type. Apparently our #13 was on the team sheet as #3. other than that, we deserved the three points.

hos, meg on sunday.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

An Easter Meg hunt on sunday sounds like fun, count me in, not sure what type of team will be showing up, but I am hoping for the start up front and all I have left in my kit bag is six's.

Great win by MF, can Sporting score a goal and get into the B.C.'s.

hos

ps. "Clan players that live in Glass Houses should not throw stones at Wolves" :D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Smallsy,

#3 or #13 didn't matter to me. The problem at the time was #13 was not on your team list given to Sapperton. After the game, we saw that he was on the both the referee's and the Westside's team list. How it didn't end up on Sapp's is anyones guess. At least the ref could have told us that maybe he was added to the list after Sapp received a copy (before the game). Made me look like a bit of an idiot on the sideline for a moment. Oh well, case closed.
But Nick seems like a goof, so I still wouldn't put it past that guy to try something like that.

As for the game, it really should have been a nil-nil draw until a Sapp player screwed up a back pass. Game over. Westside, at that point, now deserved the win. Sapp didn't create much, showed little emotion or desire to play. I think at times the guys look at our record and think were a great team. We only win when we play as a unit, work hard, and be physical. Some teams have enough talent to get through games like that; we don't. Friday we didn't have ant tenacity and pissed me off to no end.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

WAB,

Perhaps a photo-op is in order to bring the team together again? Serving Easter dinner for the homeless seems like the perfect tonic for you Sapp boys at this time of year.

:D

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

yes, nick can get under one's skin. that's why we send him over for discussions like that. :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Surrey 1 - Inter 1

Good hard fought game today. Inter went up 1 early while we were still standing around with our thumbs up our arse. We scored off a header from a free kick early in the second to pull even. Lots off intensity from both sides considering it was our second game in 3 days.

From what I've heard Westside has won out and sits with 34 points and is, unbelievably in first place in Side A. Sapp is stuck on 32 as is Inter but they have 1 game left vs Croatia to hopefully over take Westside to win side A.

Unconfirmed but I heard Clan-Bus sat everyone vs Sporting and lost 3-1, so sporting has the 8th spot but more importantly have scored on someone else other than JB's missus.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sporting 4 - 1 Columbus

Columbus sitting out everyone is a bit of a stretch. They did have a bunch of CAT players, but TK, Sumner, Jordan, Luca, Joe S. and at least a few other young guys I recognized from our first meeting were playing. We were also with out JB, Frazao, my bro, and CJ, so both sides were missing some starters. We were pumped up and ready to play. Steve Dormer scoring our first two and then myself notching one on a Steve Dormer rebound off the crossbar to make it 3-0 at half. Columbus got one back with about 20 minutes to go (nice goal by their right mid who is a very good player) and then i got another lucky one with about 5 to go when a clearance off the goaline went right to my foot inside the 6 yard box. Feels nice to find the back of the net again. Steve Dormer unlucky not to score that one off the crossbar in the first. That would have put him at 9 goals for the year with still the 2nd half to go. Unfortunately our new coach didn't know he was that close to the golden boat so subbed him off for a good 20min. in the second frame.

Provincials here we come!

Cheers, Jr.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

gomesy jr: it's nice to see you guys finally score some goals...good luck in the provincials

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

PREMIER 'A' # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Westside Rino "A" 19 10 3 6 35 23 33
2 Sapperton Rovers "A" 19 10 3 6 25 22 33
3 ICSF Inter "A" 18 9 5 4 37 21 32
4 Burnaby Canadians "A" 19 7 9 3 21 19 30
5 Croatia SC "A" 18 8 4 6 33 28 28
6 Trollers FC "A" 19 6 3 10 24 39 21
7 Khalsa SC "A" 19 5 2 12 24 45 17

kinda has a nice look to it...for a week anyways.

as for our match. khalsa managed to keep it at bagels until half through some hard work by 10 men. second half we potted four, they went down to nine and it turned into a walkabout. hos did save a penalty and saved one from our fat centre back who was in clean. on the day: four goals, no megs and one toque. :rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

cerebral smallsy said:
hos did save a penalty and saved one from our fat centre back who was in clean. on the day: four goals, no megs and one toque. :rolleyes:

Not what I thought my last game in the VMSL would be like, but what can you do.

We started the day with 10, which included on 16 year old and a 41 year old asst. coach, but we did well in the first half, that included a Westside player going down with what looked like a broken ankle, I hope that guy is OK Smallsy.
Westside didn't look like they were interested in First place the whole first half, they had the extra man, but they only had one or two chances around the net.

The second half was totally different, Weakside came out flying and really took it to us. The first goal a forward walked in by himself and was able to pass it across the net to a wide open player, 1-0. We went down to 9 men with an injured asst. coach, and it just went down hill from there (well it has been down hill since November, but). They got the second off a deflection from a shot outside the 18.

Smallsy did have a clear chance from in close, but hit it right at me, I was playing the meg, and made the save, I did give him a chance to make up for it, when I called him up to take one of the two PK's that Westside had on the day, but he was not up for it.

Glad the year is over when you only have 10 showing up at the end, there is a good core group of players there, that I am sure many Premier teams will be calling in the next few weeks, there may be a lucky team out there that could get Bunny and the Mori brothers as a package deal, if the offer is right, just PM me ;) .
Off to the FVSL for HOS, Lets GO Rangers!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats Inter for clinching side A.

~Azzi.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter 1 - Surrey 1

Inter played well in Surrey yesterday. Caught Surrey sleeping and Jomo scored on a free kick. Inter kept a lot of possession in the first half and were unlucky not to be up by more than one.

In the second half, both teams played well. Surrey scored on cross to tie the game.

Inter would have loved to have the win to clinch their side but will now have to wait till their final league game to see if they can get a win against Croatia.

If Inter wins they win the side. If they tie, then it is a three way tie and would someone tell me how the tiebreaker is solved?

Anyways should be a great game.

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

A little food for thought:

1) Interesting note that 2nd place on side B would only be good enough for 5th place on side A and maybe even 6th place if Croatia gets a win in their last game vs. Inter - (Side A = much more competitive)

2) Who saw Westside coming?

3) If Inter gets a tie in their last game they will have the better goal difference (is that the tiebreak)

4) Poor Sapperton: The only hope they have is if Inter loses, and the league has a playoff like last years contest between Inter and Westside. If thats not the case, they blew what looked like a Side A pennant

5) When is the Provincial Cup draw?

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re:triple threat match

chaos on side A, right down to the wire for the top three
(WELL, 2ND, 3RD, AND 4TH IN THE LEAGUE THAT IS)
an inter-croat tie would be most excellent- any word on time
and location for this match???
if a three way tie did occur i think a three way mini-tourn
would be the way to decide the side.
round robin, 90 min, then straight to pennos :D :D
no holds barred, big tackles, lots of cards, maybe a brawl
...winner of the side to play surrey the following day :wa: :)

GOOD TIMES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0