Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter – March & April 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 3 - Croatia 1

Good game last night at Burnaby Lake. Inter needed a victory to secure Side A and go to the league finals. Croatia started strong and got an early goal from some poor markng by Inter. This seemed to wake up Inter who then started applying more pressure and were awarded with a goal when Andrew Corrazza crossed the ball to Brian V. and he slotted it home. Inter then scored another before half when Sheldon M beat the defender and put it in the back of the net. 2-1 Inter at the half.

In the second half, Croatia started moving guys forward, thus, leaving a gap in the middle of the field. Inter played more defensive in order to preserve the lead. With about 25 minutes left, Corrazza scored again and the game was pretty much over.

It should be noted that Croatia did rest 2-3 of their starters. However, Inter did get the job done and now are in two finals (Imperial vs Croatia and League vs Surrey) and is the only team left with a chance to win all three Cups. The team has had a great year but need to win some silverware.

Next up is Surrey on Sunday at 1pm with a chance to win the league final. It should be a great game.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear Sapp will need to play Westside to see which team crosses over next year. True? I also heard that Westsides keeper was just signed by the Caps yesterday. Any chance we'll see a return of Besty to the Westside pipes for their cup run?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside does not need Besty, they have Samllsey covering most of the net when ever he falls back into the 18, I will take Weakside to win it all, even without a keeper. That young kid is a good keeper, I guess he will be replacing Marques, why is he not with Sporting this year?

hos

Have I said this before?

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
League Final

ICSF Inter “A”

Surrey United “A”

Kensington South :confused:

Sun/1.00pm

Hope that they have done a ton of work to the field since I have played on this last because from what I remember it is the shites. Having baseball diamonds run through it in the corners is always fun to deal with. Why doesn't the league put the final on turf if a decent grass field isn't available.

Cheers
JB

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Joe Scigliano for being top scorer for 2004/05. Two years in a row a Columbus player has been top or joint top scorer!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it's readily apparent Clan-bus can hit the target. But they have no silverware to show for it? Can't they keep the ball outta their own net?

:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Can't they keep the ball outta their own net?

I thought Bronco transfered to Croatia, so they should be OK at the back.

Can't beat teams 5-4 when it comes Cup time, is TK with the Caps or is he staying for the entire ClanBus Cup run?

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe a 5-4 wins in both cup and league play. I'm not entirely sure about international play though... so you may have a good point yet.

...but I doubt it.

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i know this guy who knows this guy who heard from some
guy that in international play after the score becomes 4-4,
the game is stopped and they go to corners on the
official's score card. Now i'm not saying this is correct, it's
just what i heard.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Past Premier winners.

1995-96 North Shore Pegasus
1996-97 Sapperton Rovers
1997-98 Firefighters “A”
1998-99 Westside “A”
1999-00 Westside “A”
2000-01 Rino's Westside
2001-02 Surrey United
2002-03 Westside Rino
2003-04 Surrey United

I don't see Inter on this list, but do think they were the best team in the league this year with Slurrey being the toughest, well cheapest.

And with jokers like knvb and knowone around, lets just say, Froza Inter. Ankle Breaker, is that the correct Italian?

hos

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2004-05 ICSF Inter

1:1 at 90 minutes. 3:2 after extra time. Pictures coming tonight, hopefully. Surrey was better in the first half, Inter the rest of the way.

Congratulations.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter League Champions!!!

Inter 3 - Surrey 2

Good game today even though the field was the shits. Surrey came out strong and scored on a shot from 15 yard out. After that, Inter started pressing and were unlucky not to have scored as the Surrey keeper made some good saves.

In the second half, with about 15 minutes to go, Inter scored on a header when Matt "ride me" Judd tied the game.

In overtime, Inter kept pressing and Sheldon M. scored to make it 2-1. About 20 seconds later, Surrey came back and on a bad clearance by Inter, tied the game. However with about 8 minutes to play in the second OT, Sheldon M. scored his second goal of the game and Inter won 3-2.

It is the first time Inter has won the league cup. We will enjoy it for a couple of days and then get ready for the the big cup (i.e. Provincial Cup) next week.

It must be said that Surrey is a first class organization and a great team

Next week Sapp in the first round of Provincial Cup. They beat Inter twice this year and will no doubt be a hard game.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think on the day Inter deserved it more, so, congratulations guys. Well done! If I may toss the toggle right back , a class bunch of guys. A tip though from a guy who's been there a couple of times... you should probably actually receive the cup first before you head over to the net for the team photo. Rookies. ;)

Oh and Croatia... Don't think we'll fcuking forget. We'll see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0