Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter – March & April 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter – March 05'

Who saw Westside coming?

likely anyone who follows annual results in march and april.

if it actually comes to it, the tie break is supposed to be a play-off (which occurred last year only after azzi declared inter champions and had to be gently reminded of the rules in the vmsl constitution). if it were to be 3 way tie, my prediction is the league will say there is no time to play the games and declare the team with best +/- as champion (inter).

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Didn't see any of Sapperton's two games but Smallsy weren't there a few starters missing from the line up?

Both Paul and Mike Favaro and Trevor Todd -- any two of those missing would make a huge difference. Not that Westside might not be on a roll as it is season end but I'd be doing less bragging with the line up depleted by those guys.

And that Nick guy is a complete nut case including losing to a team I coached once and complaining it was because the ref was drunk. When he came to us about it after the game, we weren't so sure he wasn't the drunk one.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Favs and TT missing is a massive blow to Sap, but we still blew it ourselves this weekend. Ted Ullrich is out for the season with a severe ankle injury......well Sap must now rely on our defensive strength to get us thru next week vs Croatia.

If Inter loses vs Croatia: Westside Sap playoff
In Inter wins: Inter on head to head/GF/GA

The 2 Cup games side by side at Kennsington will be awesome.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

In Inter wins: Inter on head to head/GF/GA

WhataboutBob: If Inter wins there is no head to head as they will have more points.

If there is a tie, then 3 way tie

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

whataboutbob said:
If Inter loses vs Croatia: Westside Sap playoff

Quick question Bob. If Westside beat you both times then why a playoff if Inter loses?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More food for thought...

1) Interesting note that 2nd place on side B would only be good enough for 5th place on side A and maybe even 6th place if Croatia gets a win in their last game vs. Inter - (Side A = much more competitive)
B - Surrey - 38
A - Westside -33
A - Sapperton - 33
A - Inter - 32 (poss. 33 or 35)
A - BBY - 30
A - Croatia - 28 (poss. 29 or 31)
B - Clan Bus - 28
B - Sporting - 26
B - MF - 25
B - Firetown - 23
B - AFC - 21
A - Trollups - 21
A- Khalsa - 17
B - Peg - 10

1 Westside Rino "A" 19 - 33
2 Sapperton Rovers "A" 19 - 33
3 ICSF Inter "A" 18 - 32
4 Burnaby Canadians "A" 19 - 30
5 Croatia SC "A" 18 - 28

6 Trollers FC "A" 19 - 21
7 Khalsa SC "A" 19 - 17

1 Surrey United "A" 19 - 38
2 Columbus-Clan FC "A" 19 - 28
3 Sporting Club "A" 19 - 26
4 Metro-Ford Wolves "A" 19 - 25
5 Vanc. Firefighters "A" 19 - 23

6 AFC Leopards "A" 19 - 21
7 Pegasus FC "A" 19 - 10

What also matters on side A is who will switch over. If Inter win who comes over when between Sapp/Westside? Isn't 3,4 and 5 that switch? Or would it be 4,5 and 6 in this case? If Croatia win it would be Inter, BBY and Croatia trading places with Sporting, MF and Fire town.

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just to clear up any conflicting opinions:

If Inter wins vs. Croatia, Inter has more points and therefore would be Side A champs

If Inter ties, there will be a 3 way tie for first spot on Side A. The constitution says a playoff is in order unless there is not enough time in the schedule. Because it is a 3-way tie there is not enough time, it would then come down to a better goal difference and Inter would be declared Side A champs

If Inter loses vs. Croatia, Sapperton and Westside would be tied for first place and since there is enough time in the schedule for another game, Sapp and Westside would playoff for first spot on Side A. If not, Westside has a better goal difference and would be declared Side A champs

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting...

Just to clear up any conflicting opinions:

If Inter wins vs. Croatia, Inter has more points and therefore would be Side A champs

If Inter ties, there will be a 3 way tie for first spot on Side A. The constitution says a playoff is in order unless there is not enough time in the schedule. Because it is a 3-way tie there is not enough time, it would then come down to a better goal difference and Inter would be declared Side A champs

If Inter loses vs. Croatia, Sapperton and Westside would be tied for first place and since there is enough time in the schedule for another game, Sapp and Westside would playoff for first spot on Side A. If not, Westside has a better goal difference and would be declared Side A champs

Spacamuro,

Sources close to me (Regs, anyone you want to say Hi to?) have reviled that if Inter do in fact draw with Croatia and there is a three way tie with Inter, Westside and Sapperton and there isn't enough time for a 'play-off' situation that indeed the first tie breaker is goal difference, BUT it's the goal difference between the 3 tied teams and their games versus each other, not the entire league.

Westside vs Inter - Sapp - Inter Sapp
Inter v Westside - Sapp - Westside - Sapp
Sapp v Inter - Westside - Inter - Westside

If you do the math on that... Westside would win side A NOT Inter. The only chance Sapp has now is if Inter lose and there is time for a(probably) mid-week play-off game with Westside.

Chew on that.

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

KNVB,

You are absolutely correct. I have to apologize, the translation from my language to English confused me. I knew I got the goal difference right at least! Anyways, Sapp has to rely on Croatia; Westside has to rely on Croatia; and Inter has to rely on Croatia!!! WTF- Rumour also has it, that Johnny will be gone by then!! Lots drama to end the year in the VMSL.

See you all Sunday!

Fiji

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey HOS, just wondering if Khalsa is selling their Div.1 for next year to the Surrey Hurricanes??

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not selling, but I have heard that the kids on that Hurricanes team will be joining the Khalsa team next year in Div. 1.
I think that Big P is cleaning house and bringing a very young team to battle with a few of the Old Boys. Not sure who is staying, but it will be a different team next year. I think CJ and his buddies all play on that Hurricane team?
But I havn't seen any "For Sale" signs up yet.

hos

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

What about a vancant sign hanging on the goal posts :D

Cheers
JB

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I am not sure but do doubt that there is any truth to the rumour that khalsa will be picking up the younger hurricane players. As from what i've heard, the young hurricane stars will still be with the canes come next september after their university seasons are over.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Last league game of the year is set for tonight I see at BBY lake - 8:30... (Inter vs Croatia) Slurrey has been put on alert for the league title game this weekend. For the first time in my life I don't know if I should route for. Rumour floating around has it that if Croatia win Sapp and Westsside would have to play-off Saturday and the title game vs. us would be Sunday. Nice.

Stir...

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Further rumour has it (from Ruben) that if we win, Imperial Cup Final will be played on Sunday as part of a double header with the league final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0