Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
two-nine and gomesy, thank you for offering to write match reports after each of your games, it is much appreciated!

You're a tad bit tardy on this weekend's submission?

Cheers,

Regs.

You're right Regs. Here's my report:

Delta 2
Columbus 1

No scoring in the first half. No real chances for either team. Steve Frazao scored the game's opening goal on a nice header. The ball was crossed from the right wing to the far post and Fraz headed it back across the goal and into the low right corner. We started pushing after that and were rewarded with a goal off of a scrambled corner. JB's original kick was blocked at the first post. It rolled back to him and JB shot it low and on net from an acute angle where it was cleared off the line. Lucky for us, Shawn Blakeway was there to slot in the rebound. It looked like we were headed for a tie game, which would have been a fair result for both teams, when Steve London's bomb of a punt was headed back towrds his own goal by Tony Gaita. Unfortunately for Tony, he didn't notice that Blakeway gambled on that happening and it paid off with a brakeaway from 25 yards out. Shawn calmly placed the ball under the Lindley for the 2-1 lead. We held Columbus off for the final 9 minutes to earn the 3 points. We heard rumblings that perhaps the keeper had called for Gaita to head it back to him. Either way, it was a mistake by them and we were able to capitalize.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How's that Regs?

I also started a NEW THREAD for the off topic stuff. You can find it under VMSL.

Cheers

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, Columbus showed up wearing an all black kit which looked sharp, but how dare they? Everyone knows we wear blue. Why didn't they wear their whites? Conspiracy???

Luckily Millar had our mouldy white tops in the damp trunk of his car. So my point is actually moot. Every team should carry two sets of unis for home games.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Listen, Tubbo, you should stick to coaching.......oh wait a minute.......you probably shouldn't after watching you attempt on the weekend again. BTW, how was that player doing who went down in the second half. He was down, had surgery, and up again before the time you got to him on the pitch. You might want to leave a bit earlier next time to make sure he is still down.

Cloughie, go form a Super League where Super Coaches like yourself can shine but please make sure you get a trainer who can get onto the park without needing assistance himself after getting onto the field.

Shamcock is losing the plot! Getting personal in your comments only serves to show what an outsider you are. Have you heard any coaches come on here and be rude towards another coach/Manager? There are lot's of out of shape all over the VMSL and FVSL. Calling people fat and/or out of shape is weak. I don't play so what the feck does it matter if I arrive in a wheelchair with an oxygen tank? (NOTE to WAB: put on budget for next season) Now go back to your Div 3 Referee thread ya useless tit!:cool:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better yet cloughie, I haven't seen you make any personal attacks on CS about being an alcoholic or remarks of AA on here!! :)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whats wrong with beeing fat and out of shape. Willy woud not make any cash if all the guys were fit. It is only those that lactic gas hits that get reds and yellows. It is all fun. We did see few good games. If you think senior soccer is fat and out of shape. Go and watch some youth games. Boys are 180lbs in U14 age. It is all good. Just blame the dam beer. With new law. We all will lose ten fifteen LBS. Can not drink and drive.
Send few of those fat guys To Eagles they need few more guys.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right Regs. Here's my report:

Delta 2
Columbus 1

No scoring in the first half. No real chances for either team. Steve Frazao scored the game's opening goal on a nice header. The ball was crossed from the right wing to the far post and Fraz headed it back across the goal and into the low right corner. We started pushing after that and were rewarded with a goal off of a scrambled corner. JB's original kick was blocked at the first post. It rolled back to him and JB shot it low and on net from an acute angle where it was cleared off the line. Lucky for us, Shawn Blakeway was there to slot in the rebound. It looked like we were headed for a tie game, which would have been a fair result for both teams, when Steve London's bomb of a punt was headed back towrds his own goal by Tony Gaita. Unfortunately for Tony, he didn't notice that Blakeway gambled on that happening and it paid off with a brakeaway from 25 yards out. Shawn calmly placed the ball under the Lindley for the 2-1 lead. We held Columbus off for the final 9 minutes to earn the 3 points. We heard rumblings that perhaps the keeper had called for Gaita to head it back to him. Either way, it was a mistake by them and we were able to capitalize.

Good write up! See, now you have opened up a discussion for us to get involved in. The first thought that goes through my mind is:
If Blakes ever finished 1/2 his chances with Sapp last year, he would have locked up the scoring title by week 9, and Sapp would have been battling for 1st!:cool:
My 2nd thought is:
What does JB weigh now? That chunky only subs in for free kicks?;) Cloughie, strap on the boots.

Now I sit back and wait for a verbal murdering by someone from DU

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When we played Peg, they had two sets of unis that were blue (one light and one dark). They knew that we had blue kit. They asked us at the park to change but we didn't bring our whites because we weren't the home team. Besides, if we did, we would have offered them up to Peg. If wearing the other colour was such as issue to Sapp, why didn't you offer up your other kit to Club I to wear?

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good write up! See, now you have opened up a discussion for us to get involved in. The first thought that goes through my mind is:
If Blakes ever finished 1/2 his chances with Sapp last year, he would have locked up the scoring title by week 9, and Sapp would have been battling for 1st!:cool:
My 2nd thought is:
What does JB weigh now? That chunky only subs in for free kicks?;) Cloughie, strap on the boots.

Now I sit back and wait for a verbal murdering by someone from DU

Nice piss take :rolleyes: where do we begin on verbal murdering you?:p

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When we played Peg, they had two sets of unis that were blue (one light and one dark). They knew that we had blue kit. They asked us at the park to change but we didn't bring our whites because we weren't the home team. Besides, if we did, we would have offered them up to Peg. If wearing the other colour was such as issue to Sapp, why didn't you offer up your other kit to Club I to wear?
You obviously don't wash the uniforms for you team. So, now I have to wash 2 sets? Oh no, let RFC wash then and then go pick them up one day. Ya right.

All teams MUST have 2 sets. It's just the way it is. Rarely is there conflict. In fact, I get called or PMed by team managers all the time asking what we are wearing on the road or like to wear when we play at home. We are always amicable and work it out in less that 5 seconds - many times I will bring our alternate set for an away game just because I know a team is traditionally a certain colour. Unfortunately, sometimes clashes happen, and teams must come prepared as per league rules. Quit simple really. Besides I would much rather change if I have an extra set (rarely I do for away games) than have our opponent play in yellow pinnies - it would look bush league. It never dawned on me that a RFC- the only team in the history of the premier league - only has one uniform.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still talking about uniforms? Seriously?

Well it is pretty sad 6/5. My sources tell me Turkistan has not only 2 but 3 sets. Home,away and even alternate for special occasions. I'm being serious. Seriously.

RFC and Sapp need to worry more about the relegation and less about fashion.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know 65, I am trying to let it go but Gomesy is like my old university girlfriend who will just not give up on trying to rekindle some of the old romance. Baby, baby, baby...ya we had a lot of fun and you'll always have a special place in my heart, but its time to move on.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shamcock is losing the plot! Getting personal in your comments only serves to show what an outsider you are. Have you heard any coaches come on here and be rude towards another coach/Manager? There are lot's of out of shape all over the VMSL and FVSL. Calling people fat and/or out of shape is weak. I don't play so what the feck does it matter if I arrive in a wheelchair with an oxygen tank? (NOTE to WAB: put on budget for next season) Now go back to your Div 3 Referee thread ya useless tit!:cool:

Big man.......is that more appropriate for TTP? ....you seem to think so with your :cool: :D BTW, I just commented on the amount of time it took you get to the injured guy. :D Shamcokc, that's original.......never heard that before. Can you please guide me to that aforementioned Div. 3 reffing thread? Thanks in advance, Bigyin.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know 65, I am trying to let it go but Gomesy is like my old university girlfriend who will just not give up on trying to rekindle some of the old romance. Baby, baby, baby...ya we had a lot of fun and you'll always have a special place in my heart, but its time to move on.

And making 3 consecutive posts in the same thread all within 5 minutes is letting it go? That's right bob the love is gone and it's time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0