Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Dec/Jan 05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 4 -Rangers 1

Very COLD outside...
One goal, one assisst playing for Peg :eek:

Actually played defence! :eek: :eek:

simon

Aug 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i went out to Hillcrest to catch a game but noone showed up...are the games cancelled or something? if so, shouldnt there be a sign on the field? i drove a long way and noone was there!!! geez

;)

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Azzi has an column in this months WFP, just out on the weekend. It laments the relegation of Indo last year. He described them as a good team, good memebers, and not trouble makers.
He also wonders if pegasus will get relegated this year.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hos, no he didn't mention Inter, rather extolled Peg's victory at the nationals.

EDIT: Please, no advertising.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV, you strike me as being a particularly funny man. You're wasting your talents on the internet, you should try stand up.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 2 - Peg 0

Coach of the year, Dave Fiorvento in net. Got scored on from center for his troubles didn't he? Can coach but can't catch, apparently.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter beat Firemen 3-0

Surrey beat Trollups 2-1.

Not very pleasing visually to watch I'm sure. Some serious signs of game rust were obvious on both sides. Justin Thompson opened the scoring pretty early off a great shot from the top of the box after a little give go... I'm not sure what happened but he was subbed out 2 minutes later grabbed his bag and left. Trollers seem to lose their edge in 'play', if that's what you want to call it, after that. They are very route one to him and I suppose for good reason he's a pretty damn good player. We scored off a little scramble inside the box, young stalwart (Aziizm) forward Justin Carvery finishing it off for us just before the break. We got the winner about 5 from time, again on a scramble in the box. The ball was knocked down from a corner and a couple of shots were blocked before Robbie Wilson finally banged it home from the top of the box. Branco with 6 yellows. :rolleyes:

We'll take the 3 and move on.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen 2 Khalsa 3

I caught the second half of the game, and thought that Khalsa were deserving of their 3-2 win. Pummi scored the winner on a PK with about 15 to go.

Good to see and chat with the Webmaster, CJ, and the Kaiser!!

PS/ Big, tall, dark goalie for Khalsa looked like D's clone.

Gilly

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't forget about don'tcallmebrojoe in the middle tonight :D

Very exciting game tonight out there, Khalsa definitely had the more dangerous opportunities.

The relegation battle is on!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 1 - SU 0

Starting to get hand cramps from posting these victories every week.

This game had a 0-0 tie or a 1-0 victory written all over it.

A few chances back and forth but no real "should haves" for either team. Surrey floated a cross off the top of the bar and a header from a corner in the first was Surrey's best chance. Cory needed to tip a 25 yard lofter over the bar-it was going into the top corner. No real great chances for Sap. One free kick by 18 year-old Rob Sing just sailed over the bar. A couple loose balls in the box but the SU defense shut the door. A little sloppy at times but some good intensity.

With 20 min. to go a nifty one-two play sent Paul Favs slicing though SU's central D from the top of the 18. Shaeffer attemped to clear the ball but Paul's chest got in the way. Smilie was a dear in headlights ;) and stayed close to his line. Paul placed it in the bottom corner. Game over.

Sapp D was solid and Paul and Rob played well against SU's 3-man mid.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Singing when you're winning... brilliant. That post won me $5.00. Thanks WAB for if nothing else being predictable.

All the above reads pretty true, but Fav’s goal came from a defensive c0ck up and when he avoided a Graeme Magowen and KNVB sandwich he was Johnny on the spot. He did do well to pick up the lose ball and finish his dinner, but it was nothing a trained monkey and nicely fitted vest couldn’t have done...and Paul. Sapperton defended well during the late stages when they were up one but we didn't really create a whole lot of extraordinary stuff challenge them. We were certainly stuck in 2nd gear all night. Cory is a bloody monster in net.

Rene did very well as usual.

AFC beat Trollups 2-0 yesterday as well.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
as reported. 2 buzz. tale of two halves. we carried the possession and the play in the first half but didn't translate that into any goals. second half another story. vollley top shelf for clan about 10 mins in. after that we were stretched and allowed another on a midfield give away. if there was a game we could afford to lose, i guess that would be it. couple games in hand will make or break us down the stretch.
from a personal standpoint, the second half was the stuff retirements are made of. in fact, think i'll retire to europe for a couple weeks. :D here's hoping the lads put together a few good results.
p.s. ref was shoc-king. again. ;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1 - Sporting 0

Brum's error on a low, slow-moving cross cost Sporting the game with 5 to go. It went straight though his hands, bounced around a bit, and ended up on an Inter foot 2 yards from goal. All this after Sporting carried the momentum the final 30 minutes of the 2nd and were really unfortunate not to win out-right.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent site shows Peg 1-3 Croats. Does anyone else get the feeling something appears to be going wrong at the Peg camp now? That's a few loses in a row isn't it?

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0