Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter October 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is such a massive lack of loyalty anymore which is makes an old school guy like me sick. Will these players stay in N.Van when Millar moves on in a year or two? (and he will) Where will they go next? It's a vicious cycle.

Come knvb, guys need a change everyone a while to make the game enjoyable again, I am not saying the game became un-enjoyable at SU, but did it. Everyone knows each other in this league, and teams are constantly trying to get stronger by bring in players from other teams, promising all kinds of gas money, beer, and pizza.

Why did you leave the league, you couldn't play at that level anymore or you don't have the time with work and familly.

Yes the loyalty has gone, but at least these players are loyal to the league, and don't head to the FVSL like some of us.

Who is going to start and end a career with the same team, won't happen anymore.

hos- mancrush

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
so unless, you are still able to lace them up in the best league in BC, and get to Cup finals, you should keep it shut, or at least tell us of all the Cups you have your name on.

HOS - ManCrush

You don't need to have cups to have an opinion. If that was the case, there would be no Province newspaper covering the Canucks. For that matter, no sports talk radio.

I take it my opinion is less than Reedie's opinion because he won 2 provincial titles and a National championship versus my 1 BC title?

Come on HOS, it's a lame come back. If you don't agree, just say why.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's good to see most Sapperton players have been loyal. But it comes with the atmosphere you develop around the team. Sapperton asks for player's opinions and feedback on all ranges of topics with regards to the team. The players feel apart of something at Sapp; it is their identity when it comes to soccer.
If you have a dictator at the top, sometimes players lose interest and develop cliques within which are more important than the team and club.
Most Sapp guys started and continue their careers at Sapp, a small few leave for a bit butseem to return, and others that come here usually stay till the end, and I am really proud of that fact.
But it probably comes down to teams that are so desperate to win will take any slut that they think will help and I have a great deal of disdain for those clubs.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a long time soccer player and follower of the VMSL I must say it's good to see one of the North Shore teams (WVFC) playing well still, having fun and playing some decent football. On the extreme contrast to WVFC is Norvan. I have seen many of their games over the years dating back to their Div 1 days and also had the chance to watch the Inter vs. Norvan game on the weekend at Van Tech (1-0 Inter).

I was sickened by what I saw. It looked more like a rugby match from the guys in blue. Norvan looks to be in a whole lot of trouble this year. There new player/coach made a real twat out of himself and the club both on and off the field swearing at players and humping the ball up the park every chance he had and encouraging others to do also. They seem to have a good target man but if your only strategy is to hump the ball up to him .. good luck. Once upon a time there Coach played pro (86er's) but those days are long over. As a player coach he should be a role model and one of the better players on the pitch but he looked like a shadow of the player he once was and an average Div 1 sweeper at best. I actually felt sorry for the Norvan players as they looked dejected and out of words. Maybe there suppose to take the cursing and blame pointing home and figure out the problem on their own?

P.S Who is that Unathletic keeper they have playing in the pipes? Heard he was the old Surrey goalie (he got chipped on the only goal of the game which started from a cross he bumbled for a corner... He can hardly walk never mind make a save..

I've always admired the fight; spirit and teamwork from Norvan since they got promoted a few years ago even though let’s face it they have had a limited talent pool to select from. Now it appears it will be all for not. Is it a big surprise though? There new leader has a good track record of being cancerous and destroying any team he is a big part of. Just ask the now defunct Burnaby Canadians or the Surrey team he caused the collapse of. It appears to be a matter of time before Norvan joins suit.
A warning for teams considering him once he jumps ship or is forced to walk the plank.

Ratings for Norvan: (enjoy Mr Base we all know you love your points system)

The Team 4/10 (Some skill and speed but hump the long ball and that’s about it)

Coach: 1/10 (He can count to 11 and did have the required players on the field to start)

Player: 3/10 (No speed, fitness, touch or vision) 3 points for all the field goals he attempts

Very strange first post by an anonymous stupid person who obviously has no idea what he is saying. Your post indicates that you are very bitter and jealous of Millar's abilities, feel free to come Confedration Park on Saturday and i will bring Millars soccer resume with me and please you bring yours and we will compare the two. People like Millar still has a lot to give to local soccer, but when idiot's like you come on TTP and post no wonder they just want to pack it in.

It is very easy to hide behind a computer and write a very vindictive post.

Kevin Uppal

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk the soccer resume, I want to see an auditted report of Millar's salary structure!

Dale Mitchell.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
.....feel free to come Confedration Park on Saturday and i will bring Millars soccer resume with me and please you bring yours and we will compare the two.
Kevin Uppal

I think Footiefan's opinion is very harsh and reads like a personal attack and some things written are way offside. BUT again, how does ones resume vindicate one's opinion as an observer? Footifan has an opinion based on his observation and perhaps vindictiveness, but it does not fcuking mater what his resume is! Hey Regs, might as well shut down all international soccer opinions on the site. Throw in every other sport because none one of us have the pedigree to back it up. Shut it down! shut it down!
Bryan Wevers
1988 High School All-Star
1992-1994 Imperial Cup Winner
1996 League Winner
2006 BC Champion

People like Millar still has a lot to give to local soccer, but when idiot's like you come on TTP and post no wonder they just want to pack it in. It is very easy to hide behind a computer and write a very vindictive post.
Now this is part of your post that is valid.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it valid?

Then Millar is packing it in already? WOW. I can't believe it. Millar is packing it in already!

WOW.

stir.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Whistle Blower here FootieFan.

Gutless to blame Millar for the demise of Burnaby and Surrey U.(You must be a big fan who has followed his career pal)

If you don't like him or like his style fine! (But to come on here and have a go from head to toe at the man?) Shocking.

But it's obvious to everyone on here you have a personal Hard On for the man.

Everyone has a different style of Coaching and Playing?

Your post on here was pure Bullshite Slander......Get over it Superfan!

Let's rate your game here pal....So far, pure shite!

Gutless!

Kenno.

P.S. Sorry to hear you got passed over as the Norvan coach this year Footiefan.......Better luck next time.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Footiefan's opinion is very harsh and reads like a personal attack and some things written are way offside. BUT again, how does ones resume vindicate one's opinion as an observer? Footifan has an opinion based on his observation and perhaps vindictiveness, but it does not fcuking mater what his resume is! Hey Regs, might as well shut down all international soccer opinions on the site. Throw in every other sport because none one of us have the pedigree to back it up. Shut it down! shut it down!
Bryan Wevers
1988 High School All-Star
1992-1994 Imperial Cup Winner
1996 League Winner
2006 BC Champion

Now this is part of your post that is valid.

****, I'm getting in on this now.....:D

1978 - Richmond Pee-Wee Soccer Boy
1981 - Richmond Juvenile Soccer Boy
1985 - Provincial High School Soccer MVP
1986 - Richmond High Pickeball Mixed Doubles Champion

Although the only year that really matters.....

2000 - YEAR OF THE QUAD - the best team ever in B.C. Soccer. We would have won the Nationals that year but they wouldn't let us enter.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the VMSL web site it show's Club Ireland as the winners of the Imperial cup in 1992 and 93, then Westside Rino in 94. Did you play on those team's ????.

I'm pretty sure he did play for Club I... and then he went to Sapp and poached a bunch of players. :p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, WAB did play with Club I those years and probably wouldn't have left the club(with a lot of Sapperton guys now) IF it hadn't have been for the change in coaching we had..............:(

Dirty Daddy 3

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captian

The Pickleball mixed doubles championship has to have been the hi-light of your life so far...How many sets did it take for you to defeat the "Laucbaum/Hammerschmit" (I am certain I butchered the spell of both names) duo??

Dirty "Class of '88 semi-finalist" Daddy

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BUT again, how does ones resume vindicate one's opinion as an observer? Footifan has an opinion based on his observation and perhaps vindictiveness, but it does not fcuking mater what his resume is! Hey Regs, might as well shut down all international soccer opinions on the site.

WAB, you as a coach should know where an attack like that comes from. I am sure that you have even experienced it before, but perhaps not on TTP. I only stated the soccer resume of Millar, because these attacks were based on a player or players, not getting playing time and quiting or getting cut by a new coach. These players don't like these decisions and go on to have this personal attack.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion, even if there name is not beside it, but give us the real reasons for that attack.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't it obvious who FootieFan is?

futbol!

I like how all FireRangers on the site are sucking up for the big man. And now WAB enters the fray... anyone need a virtual napkin?

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0