Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter October 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the VMSL web site it show's Club Ireland as the winners of the Imperial cup in 1992 and 93, then Westside Rino in 94. Did you play on those team's ????.

Yes. I went from great Club I teams in the early 90's to Westside for 1 year, then we started Sapp in Fall 1994.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah, those were the days with the semifinals on Saturday and the final on Sunday, all at Kinsmen with the wooden stands...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, you as a coach should know where an attack like that comes from. I am sure that you have even experienced it before, but perhaps not on TTP. I only stated the soccer resume of Millar, because these attacks were based on a player or players, not getting playing time and quiting or getting cut by a new coach. These players don't like these decisions and go on to have this personal attack.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion, even if there name is not beside it, but give us the real reasons for that attack.

hos

No doubt and it obviously was a personal attack.

Resume Update:
1991 - 3-on-3 B-ball champions alongside CS under the dome (recreational division, Ya baby!)
1984-86 - Pickleball champion in the townhouse complex I lived at (there were 4 of us who played)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My turn.

January 2005: Sperm # 3,254,666 champion swimmer
December 2006: Sperm # 3,254,667 champion swimmer

I'm very proud of those 2 but must not forget the previous 3,000,000 or so that ended up mostly in some tissue somewhere. Probably. I forget.

:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My turn.

I'm very proud of those 2 but must not forget the previous 3,000,000 or so that ended up mostly in some tissue somewhere. Probably. I forget.

You're mind works in funny ways:D:D:D It's OVER!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My turn.

Regs? Is that you? I thought only I could post stuff like that.

So between January 2005 and December 2006, it was a one shot deal. Nothing in between? Come to think of it, you were a crabby appleton that year.:confused:

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millar is great for the Premier League. He is one of the only bright spots in a league that has gone south over the past 10 years...it is very entertaining to have him in the mix and a large credit to him that he is still playing the game at this level.

Where he plays/coaches, how he plays, and how he asks his team to play are irrelevant to me, as you cannot argue with the results that he has produced over the years.

Millar has proven himself a winner...albeit with a suitcase...he has definitely earned respect and he is a big fish in this little murky puddle called BC Soccer.

Maybe there should be a "Steve Millar Roast Night" with HOS and Dan Penner as the co-Emcees (btw, isn't it is odd that no one has ever seen these 2 goalkeepers in the same room at the same time?). Please invite the mayors of Surrey, Burnaby, Vancouver, North Vancouver, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Delta, and Coquitlam.

My 2 cents.

No mancrush.

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't me, although I do think Millar is a cnut.:D Enjoying my time in the big leagues now if I can get back some health and years:) As for the post that started this love fest , we used to battle on the pitch and let our play do the talking now I see a lot of players with great skill but no mental toughness. It's the me generation. MENTALLY SOFT!!!! Fcuk am I old.......

Reeder

Nov 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
First, he was not the down fall of the Burnaby Canadians, it was a lack of players coming up through the system to keep the team going, rather than a coach they did everything he could for the team.

Lack of players or lack of playing time for the young players coming up?

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't me, although I do think Millar is a cnut.:D Enjoying my time in the big leagues now if I can get back some health and years:) As for the post that started this love fest , we used to battle on the pitch and let our play do the talking now I see a lot of players with great skill but no mental toughness. It's the me generation. MENTALLY SOFT!!!! Fcuk am I old.......

Yes I agree! Great skill but NOT the same level of toughness. Great trainers but lousy competitors. I wonder why? I have my theories but I have to go to work right now.

Reeder

Nov 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me rephrase that.

Was it lack of players or lack of playing time for the young players coming up?

Maybe it was lack of time to care about proper sentence structure/spelling.;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captian

The Pickleball mixed doubles championship has to have been the hi-light of your life so far...How many sets did it take for you to defeat the "Laucbaum/Hammerschmit" (I am certain I butchered the spell of both names) duo??

Dirty "Class of '88 semi-finalist" Daddy

It was the highlight and Heather Olafsson and I went undefeated. :) Great mammories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0