Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICST Peg 5
Sapperton 2

Out at Newton last night it was 3-0 after 30 minutes. The match really was never in question. Sapp had a good spell late in the first half which resulted in a good finish by Blakeaway. The second half was much of the same. Maysam scored four last night (two of which were beautys).....CJ scored the other on a PK. I dont know if Sapp trains on turf but they had difficulty handling the pace last night....they've played 3 of the previous 4 matches on grass - there always is an adjustment switching playing surfaces...i think it showed last night. Regardless a big win last night - all the best to Costley who's eyeing ACL surgery and nice to have D. Samra back in the fold. On to inter.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman, nice work...Peg looking better by the week. How about all the best to Hall as well as he is still injured? :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICST Peg 5
Sapperton 2

Out at Newton last night it was 3-0 after 30 minutes. The match really was never in question. Sapp had a good spell late in the first half which resulted in a good finish by Blakeaway. The second half was much of the same. Maysam scored four last night (two of which were beautys).....CJ scored the other on a PK. I dont know if Sapp trains on turf but they had difficulty handling the pace last night....they've played 3 of the previous 4 matches on grass - there always is an adjustment switching playing surfaces...i think it showed last night. Regardless a big win last night - all the best to Costley who's eyeing ACL surgery and nice to have D. Samra back in the fold. On to inter.

Great job by the Bhangra and Peg Bhoys........Keep it going, Reedie. You guys will be in the Super League before you know it. :D :rolleyes:

NOVA

Jan 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Be careful what you wish for azzi/vmsl....

3 Visl teams
7 FVSL teams
0 VMSL teams???

Potentially...

FVSL urm...VMSL teams

Coquitlam Metro Ford
Surrey United
Surrey Peg
Delta United

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

3 Visl teams
7 FVSL teams
0 VMSL teams???

Potentially...

FVSL urm...VMSL teams

Coquitlam Metro Ford
Surrey United
Surrey Peg
Delta United

I get the irony of your post but it's waaaay too early for us to be considered a potential super league team! We have had a decent start as a newly promoted team but there are still 17 games left to play and teams like WVAN, Columbus, Inter and Croatia (all which you omitted) will all be in the running for a slot. In my opinion, WVAN and Surrey are virtual locks to be there and then there are as many as 8 other teams battling for the final 2 spots! It's going to be tight.

Mind you, it would be an honour to decline an opportunity to play in the super league and go on to win the National Futsal Title. :bronco:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Post of the month material :rolleyes:

3 Visl teams
7 FVSL teams
0 VMSL teams???

Potentially...

FVSL urm...VMSL teams

Coquitlam Metro Ford
Surrey United
Surrey Peg
Delta United

NOVA

Jan 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had a "Flash Forward 6 months into the future"

If you noticed I mentioned "POTENTIALLY"...

I was just jumping on the "REGS" premature bandwagon:rolleyes:

My point was West Van and an Italian/Croatian team should represent in the Super League to have a chance of the league being successful especially in the beginning. ie. MLB Yankees and Redsox not in the playoffs:eek:. Most likely ... 2 of those teams forementioned will be in the mix and 2 of the 4 FVSL/VMSL teams I mentioned in the earlier post.

My 2 cents

NOVA

Jan 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Irony of it all is...

I am a VMSL supporter

I played for Sporting Club the last 6-7 years...

I now play for a FVSL/VMSL team:

Delta "Sporting" United:D:D:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Then you should know you may play in the fraser valley but you are not a fraser valley soccer league team.

NOVA

Jan 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was not my intention to "Take the Piss" out of whomever or which league is better. (VMSL - by the way is) eg. I've read the posts over the years with FVSL vs VMSL vs VISL. Also I'm proud to be part of the VMSL.

It is clearly territorial which I find kind of funny that next year you could have "POTENTIALLY" 5 teams or half the Super Liga all within a close radius to each other. ie Surrey United, Surrey Peg, Delta United, Peace Arch United & Langley United ..plus across the golden ears bridge you've got possibly 2 Coquitlam teams? (not sure if ACBC is based out of coquitlam?)
"Valley Derbies"

If this somewhat of a longshot scenario (though not far fetched) happens is this better or worse for the new super league? (provided these teams want to play in this super league) The Traditional VMSL powerhouses or cache/historic teams especially the ethic teams, I would think need to be involved if not for the fan base alone. (& possible Marketing power to promote the game -which I think is part of the reason for the Super League)

BC Provincials as it stands now really gets no exposure as well.The last thing I saw in the Province paper was 2005 when Sporting & Surrey were in the final (maybe Sapperton in 2006 as well). I also recall that being the last game at Swangard ,as the game went into overtime plus a shootout which the Whitecaps weren't too happy about which postponed their game.

West Van won the triple last year, yet not much exposure for a something that doesn't happen too often. Yet, I can recall when Westside in the 90's were the best team and I think did something similar & it seemed they were in the paper more than a few times (Province/Sun)compared to now. Why?

It's still way to early to speculate, but what if?... "Nothings Impossible"

I think I got off topic.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van won the triple last year, yet not much exposure for a something that doesn't happen too often. Yet, I can recall when Westside in the 90's were the best team and I think did something similar & it seemed they were in the paper more than a few times (Province/Sun)compared to now. Why?

Why?

Because WA has basically given up on trying to get exposure for the league he is in charge of, and doesn't give a rat's arse about trying to get it. Because if it doesn't start with "Canucks," you can't sell it to TV, radio or newspapers. Because the crustiest media types still associate soccer in this town with J. Bob Carter. Because you shouldn't start a sentence with the word "because."

Seriously, our local rags used to publish scores and standings from at least the premier division of the VMSL on a weekly basis, and occasionally standings for the rest of the divisions as well. Even the PCSL used to get more press, but it doesn't happen any more. Ask the boneheads who regurgitate copy for our local media why they don't cover local amateur sports any more and see what they have to say for themselves.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict 3-1 Wolves.

Is that what you meant? I could try and dig up results from last year as well, just let me know

:D

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can tell you that when Westside got exposure in the paper and on tv and such in the 90's it was through the manager at the time, Don Johnston and some of the other guys in the club and their work in promoting the team. It had nothing to do with the league or the president. Don was constantly promoting and plugging.

NOVA

Jan 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe someone could get a hold of Mr. Miami Vice and find out how he did it or how to do it?

Lenarduzzi has a weekly province section... maybe by giving us one/eighth of his double paged spread to promote local soccer would help the cause.;)

again maybe this is the plan for the Super League?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lenardduzi is smart. If he does not get paid he will not post anything. Azzi has tuns of money. All he has to do pay and they will post it. You have to buy a box to post in. It is all about money.
You just wate. When we get in to MLS you guys will know every high school soccer in US. Guys all we need is a local guy that cares about Canada only and each one of us to give a tuni and soccer will get all the posts it needs in the Provice.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of some local newspaper cover the league very well. I know that the "record' in New West every week has a write up about vmsl and Sapperton in particular. Same goes for other local paper. As for Province and Sun, where do you draw the line in covering amateur sports? Should they be covering then amateur basketball league?!?! Who really cares! In province and Sun they cover small amount of soccer, and when they do I rather read about Europe and te proffesional leagues.

On the other hand, I love coming here to read discussions, and read game reviews. Still waiting on report on Croatia's game. Watched Surrey Norvan..Norvan very weak...it will be them and Westside that will get relegated this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0