Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - September, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 1-0 Olympics

Both teams with some good chances to score. Olympics hit the post at least twice. Pesch with a wicked curling shot hit the inside of the post, but some how managed to stay out. At the other end Marco robbed Sporting of a couple of goals, and a breakaway. Midway through the second half Gomes took control of the game. Probably the fittest guy on the park and the player of the game. When everyone else was spent, it seemed like he was just getting started. Marco for the Olympics also had an outstanding game. A solid first showing for the Olympics, though I'd have to say Sporting were worthy of the 3points.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Resultas & Banter - September

I must say I concur with the Inspectors report.I'm only wondering though which Gomes he is talking about though? The one who played center back was solid! As for the guy who give Peschi( #14 Olyimpics) the cheap shot early in the 2nd half that was brutal, and lucky Renee didn't see it. I geuss you knew that Sam wasn't in the line up for them and it was your chance to take liberities against #14. Lucky for you, that was your only game against them in league play !:confused:
Anyways not to take anything away from Sporting they were deserving of the 3 points.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter - September, 2006

Neither one of us gave Peschi a cheap shot that i can remember, so i don't know what you are talking about. I took a cheap shot playing right back in the first half that cracked my shin pad and left me with a 3 inch scrap across the bottom of the shin. Sh*t happens and both Peschi and I played the full 90 minutes anyways.

Anyways, nice to get the seaon underway. Like Blake said, there were good chances both ways. Meysam curled one off the crossbar for us on a freekick in the first half, and also got robbed on another in the 1st before potting our lone goal in the 2nd half. I also rang a header off the bar on a corner kick and Matt Omerod was stopped on a breakaway. All in all, it seemed like both teams were a bit rusty at times, but it's very nice to start the season with a win.

Cheers,
Gomesy

Vinny

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Surrey 1
Sapp 0

Hleucka with the winner.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nicely Done KNVB.

Vinnie,

Did it go off his arse or what? :D

Vinny

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

haha, actually he got rid of all those in warm-up... and i'm not even kidding!

to his credit, it was an excellent finish, glancy it off his head and in the far post from about 10 yards out.

The Big Boot

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Full marks to AFC for the win, but the scoreline doesn't tell a great story and game was actually closer than the score suggests. AFC bagged two goals in the first 15 and then Temple responded with their two before the half. Second half was won and lost on turnovers. Three turnovers through the middle cost Temple. Temple definitely needs to sort it out in the middle of the park before next week's game.

AFC seemed to be a very well organized team...looks like they have a new coach running the show as he seemed to have all their high priced players buy into his system. There was no dissention on their sidelines as there has been in the past.

All in all it was a very entertaining and free flowing game. Both Temple and AFC are going to be fun to watch this year.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I caught the second half of the AFC vs Temple game and it looked to me that it was all AFC around 65 min on. Although temple had a couple of chances from headers early in the second, the temple goalie in turn made a few great point blank saves on the AFC forward. Some nice passing from both sides.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Watched Temple and AFC play. I was shocked to see Nico playing with AFC. From what I hear, he had signed with Temple and they had his playing card. However, sometime during the last week, he signed with AFC and they also had a playing card for him. The Temple camp had no idea that he had signed with AFC. Rumour is that AFC is dishing some cash his way. Not sure if that is true or not.

People at VMSL headquarters or BC soccer obviously don't have controls in place to ensure a player is not signed by two teams. Someone should have asked for the transfer form before he signed with AFC.

I am sure Temple is going to protest this victory given that Nico signed two A forms and no transfer form was signed.

It will be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really it was a classic Surrey vs Sapperton game. Neither side really giving anything away, but to his credit Corey Breuer made two absolutely outstanding saves today, both off point blank headers. Though I still think 1 of them was in before he slapped it out, but the 8 year old running the far line was still about 20 yards from where he should have been. First half was pretty even but I think we had far more opportunities to put it away. The second was all Sapperton and it seemed like a 45 minute panic session for Surrey trying to keep it out.

Good start and at the end of the day... we'll take it.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Really it was a classic Surrey vs Sapperton game. Neither side really giving anything away, but to his credit Corey Breuer made two absolutely outstanding saves today, both off point blank headers. Though I still think 1 of them was in before he slapped it out, but the 8 year old running the far line was still about 20 yards from where he should have been. First half was pretty even but I think we had far more opportunities to put it away. The second was all Sapperton and it seemed like a 45 minute panic session for Surrey trying to keep it out.

Good start and at the end of the day... we'll take it.
You're a humble little Dutch boy, aren't you? Not a single mention of your superstardom.

Congratulations, every dog has his day. :D

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

machel said:
I caught the second half of the AFC vs Temple game and it looked to me that it was all AFC around 65 min on. Although temple had a couple of chances from headers early in the second, the temple goalie in turn made a few great point blank saves on the AFC forward. Some nice passing from both sides.

It seems that a turning point was when AFC cleared a ball off the line in the 2nd half that would have gave temple the lead. The last 15-20mins is what killed temple, a lack of posession and some horrible turnovers lead to 3 quick goals. Not sure what the situation is with nico whether a transfer form was signed or not, if one was done my guess it was not done until friday, a protest coming?

Next week Temple and Indo, should be a great game based on past meetings between these two sides.

Sport Punjab

Sep 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone watch the Indo/Akal vs. Firefighters game?...How did it go. As per the Temple and AFC match, it'll be interesting to see what comes about the transfer issue. If anything I don't think Temple will get the 3 points, things will remain the same just because the league ****ed up and not AFC...but then again I dont know whats really going on.

BTW, I thought the Indo/FF game was to be played at North Surrey, why the change in venue to Beaconsfield?

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter and Croatia today - not a bad game, but rusty teams. Shaggy missed a peno in the first, Babic sent a ball over the line, and from where I was I thought he was in the goal, so who knows how that happened......2-0 us at half, and then Inter stomped all over us for the majority of the second half, tied things up and then I think felt sorry for us, so we split the points. Decent start, with Rene getting off to a good start also, an usually low key affair for him.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week one in the books.

Sporting Club "A" vs Vancouver Olympics "A" 1-0
Surrey United "A" vs Sapperton Rovers "A" 1-0
AFC Leopards vs Sikh Temple "A" 5-2
Indo-Akal "A" vs Firefighters "A" 0-0
Columbus-Clan "A" vs West Van FC "A" 5-2
ICSF Inter vs Croatia SC "A" 2-2
Norvan Eagles vs Metro-Ford Wolves "A" 1-2

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: players getting paid
you losers who have the audacity to seek money to play soccer in an amateur league, where your teammates who have way more character and heart than you are not getting a thing is a joke. who do you think you are$$$
get a fcuking job you degenerates$$$
i work for money.
i play soccer for beer....i mean fun!
darko!

ps nik's...well done! now the whole league knows you are....yet nobody remembers seeing you play.
...przeno piletina i kuruz....cestitam! pozdravi stipe!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
darkmeat said:
re: players getting paid
you losers who have the audacity to seek money to play soccer in an amateur league, where your teammates who have way more character and heart than you are not getting a thing is a joke. who do you think you are$$$
get a fcuking job you degenerates$$$
i work for money.
i play soccer for beer....i mean fun!
darko!

ps nik's...well done! now the whole league knows you are....yet nobody remembers seeing you play.
...przeno piletina i kuruz....cestitam! pozdravi stipe!

Well said, Darko.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0