Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - September, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Big Boot

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught the second half of the temple/Sapp game yesterday. I heard, as Freestyler states, that Sapp was unfortunately not to be up at half. However, during second half (the trend with temple) Temple seemed to wake up and put on some pressure. They were able to bag one goal but missed a couple of great chances to put the game away. In the last 15 they fell apart and Sapp and their vetern team finished them off. Although in the write up it may seem temple deserved some points, I really think that Sapp played the game well and were full marks for the 3points. And I really do think experience and poise paid off for Sapp.

Temple has a great amount of skill and speed and if they can put it together for a full 60 minutes and then they will be a dangerous team for anyone in the league to play. However, individual skill and speed does not win games in premier and the coach has not been able to get them to play with poise and structure. Once they do that, the points will come in. In my opinion a couple of bad subs by the coach in the 2nd half really hurt the team. Also, and it is only my humble but critical opinion, if the coach can't get points with this very very talented squad...something is wrong with the coach. This team made up 65% of the 2006 Team India nations cup sqaud that won the tournament. They should not be 0-2-2 in premier. :(

Also caught some of the metro ford/Akal game. 1-0 Metro-ford. I really do like the metro ford team...despite what mid-pack record shows, I think they will go far this season.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple has a great amount of skill and speed and if they can put it together for a full 60 minutes.....

I think you meant 90 mins, right?! they already put it together for 60, just need to finish as strong as they start.

Best of luck to Temple the rest of the way, they've worked so hard to get to prem, it would be a shame to come down so quickly.

TS

dudelove

Aug 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantabulous

Sorry if Vancouver is your team. However, the league needs to go to 10 teams as the quality is not good. Some of your players (if that is your team) should not be even of the field. Plus when the score is 4 or 5 buzz, there is no need for your players to try to tackle from behind.

Perhaps you guys had a bad game. However, my point is not towards your team...it is a fact that the league should go to 10 teams

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 4 West Van 2

Tied 1:1, one of our guys get his 2nd yellow late in the first half. West Van goes up 2:1 a few min later. 2nd half was all Croatia. Being a man down we were all over them and got 3 goals. Drew with some key saves to keep us in it.

Kevin teh ref was horrible. and i mean horrible. A lot of blown calls, missed calls, and couldnt' take critisim form the croatian fans. That at the half he went and complained to reuben that he will call the game. We were not swearing at him... just pointing out the missed calls. and that the jersey was a lil tight on him, maybe get a looser one so he can breath while he's running and maybe he will be able to see all those handballs, and other bad calls that he made.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everyone knows Croatian fans are the absolute most unbiased fans in the entire VMSL. Never have I seen them blow something small or fandom completely out of proportion. Kevin must have had a real stinker to get them riled up.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 4 in the books...

Clan-Bus the only team to collect all 12 points.

Sporting Club "A" vs AFC Leopards 0-0
Metro-Ford Wolves "A" vs Indo-Akal "A" 1-0
Firefighters "A" vs Surrey United "A" 2-2
Sapperton Rovers "A" vs Sikh Temple "A" 3-1
Vancouver Olympics "A" vs ICSF Inter 0-6
Norvan Eagles vs Columbus-Clan "A" 0-3
Croatia SC "A" vs West Van FC "A" 4-2

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Big Boot said:
...something is wrong with the coach. This team made up 65% of the 2006 Team India nations cup sqaud that won the tournament. They should not be 0-2-2 in premier. :(

The Nations Cup is usually won by the fitter teams. India and Africa (or the Carribean) are the only teams which are fit in the summer. Most of the other teams are made up of some out of shape premier guys having fun in the summer and div 1 guys doing the same. So I know, like all Premier veterans, that the Nations Cup is not the bench mark of greatness and Peps isn't to blame for Temple's showing. The veteran Premier guys are now in shape and are just better than the young up and comers. Temple needs 4 or 5 senior Premier players to help the young guys along.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 3 - Temple 1

Turning Point:

If Temple won: Either Sapp's complete domination of the 1st half but missed 4 sure goals including a breakaway and point blank shots, or our defender not clearing it and Temple getting the goal early in the 2nd.

But Sapp won: Cory's toe save off CJ after Kent gave it to him at the 18 yard line. Should have been 2-0 and game over.

It looked pretty frustrating for Sapp in the 1st half when we couldn't score and after Temple scored on a defensive miscue; I thought it wasn't going to be our day. Temple played a good 2nd half and were doing what they had to to win. But after the tying goal Temple couldn't get their composure and fell apart. I knew after we scored the 1st, we were going to win.

Cam Taylor, a midfielder turned defender for the day (Woody, Mike A, and Jeff Rogers on the bench resting for the Nationals) made ammends for his error and broke in on the right side. The goalie made the stop but Alex Jappy (filling in for Mike Favs - resting for the Nationals) scored on the rebound. TT with the 2nd, beating the goalie to the loose ball. Ryan McNabb with the 3rd off a PK rebound.

I thought Sapp looked good. It was good to see our depth come into play on Sat; With 5 starters (7 players in total) not dressing, because we'll need everyone for the 5 games in 6 days.

On to the Nationals Weds morning 11:00 am. I hope we represent BC well.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thread closed. Good luck to Sapperton and Firetown this week.

Octobers VMSL results thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0