Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - September, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearsy

Feb 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FF 1 Temple 1

Thought we were solid for the most part last night, had trouble finishing some opportunities. We dominated the first half and should have been up at least 2 - 0. We didn't come out with the same desire in the second and they scored on a header off a free kick. About 10 min after that a temple player got his second yellow, and we pushed for winner, gave up a couple of counter breaks in the process. Disappointing result once again. Animal made a brilliant save in the dying minutes to save us. Still the effort was there, just not catching any breaks yet.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a very soft yellow for a "are you kidding ref??" comment to which Renee responded, "do you want to see if I'm kidding?" and then subsequently pulled out the 2nd yellow for the red..
I'm sorry, but the guy cracks me up. :D

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 - 0 Sporting Victory.

We pretty much dominated the full game other then the odd occassion where Beaker shanked the ball of his shinny. On to next week versus Sihk Temple.

Cheers
JB

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia - 2
Chelsea/AFC - 1

We went up 1:0 as Darko netted his first of the year. AFC tied 20 min. into the 2nd. Massi beat 2 guys and then get's knocked donw in the box forcing the PK. AK slots his first to make it 2:1. Weak call as AFC players falls in box giving them PK. Drew with a huge save, rebound goes back to player who misses the net by inches...

Make the final 2:1.

Great game by our guys!! :D

pearsy

Feb 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 2 AFC 1, saw last twenty minutes, after AK put croatia ahead with a pk, croatian keeper stopped one in the last couple of minutes.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J_B said:
1 - 0 Sporting Victory.

We pretty much dominated the full game other then the odd occassion where Beaker shanked the ball of his shinny. On to next week versus Sihk Temple.

Cheers
JB
Slightly over stated I think, do you, JB? Other than the goal your only shot was from 30+ out. We should have been up two after 20, but thanks to some poor timing on one cross and the a for mentioned dodgy shin pad shank, we weren't. Sporting did some nice stuff in the middle and kept the ball well and built it up well in sprits no doubt, especially in the second. I'll give you that. I'd go out on a limb and say should have taken at least one point, but R. Dormer finished his dinner on their, really, only opportunity with some nice individual stuff. No Ted Urilich mind you, but nice effort none the less.

It was a good team effort by Sporting and they were winning more of the knock downs and tackles which gave them the edge they needed. Bastards.

I think we have Firetown next week.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple "A" vs Firefighters "A" 1-1
Surrey United "A" vs Sporting Club "A" 0-1
AFC Leopards vs Croatia "A" 1-2
Indo-Akal "A" vs Sapperton Rovers "A" 0-0
West Van FC "A" vs Vancouver Olympics "A" 2-0
Columbus-Clan "A" vs Metro-Ford Wolves "A" 2-0
ICSF Inter vs Norvan Eagles 2-0

Clan-Bus and Sporting off to 3 and 0 starts I see.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 0 Indo Akal 0

About 10 minutes in....Shokar fouls Woody. Woody gets up and throws the ball at Billy's head....red card. With about 10 minutes left in half, Wevers and Clark get into a shoving match...both reds. Needless to say lots of room out there, and a crap load of running in midfield. We had lots of chances to finish...two posts, a missed breakaway, and a missed penalty...no goal. Sapperton to their credit created chances themselves, however, a scoreless draw was the end result.

Short week...Metro Ford on Friday night!!

Gilly

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Mr. Wevers was coaching, not playing?????Or was he shoving someone on the sidelines? WAB? What gives? Sometimes, it's time to say......."I think I should move on from playing......" :D ;) I did it and it feels good.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After Nationals I'm outta there! Besides, I usually play if guys are missing and only a half but it's just too hard to let go.

I thought the 3 reds were a tad harsh. Dockerty lost it in the 1st minute when Indo fans disputed an offside. He ran over and started yelling at them and threatening expulsion from the park. He then proceeded to throw yellows all over the park.

We played well being a man down all game. But we go tired and holes developed. Cory stopped a PK with 15 to go and Kent stopped an open net shot 5 minutes later from 2 yards out. But the 2nd half was wide open and, overall, an evenly played game. But Indo must feel like they let one slip through their hands.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Big Boot said:
temple/firemen game:
Turning point for temple was the 2nd yellow (red) shown in the second half...I believe Renee decided it was his time to be the show at that moment. It was a very soft yellow for a "are you kidding ref??" comment to which Renee responded, "do you want to see if I'm kidding?" and then subsequently pulled out the 2nd yellow for the red...

Looks like Renee wasn't kidding at all it appears the guy got 3 games. Big Foot care to fill us in on why such a harsh suspension was given for not even a straight red.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
'Styler:

Beaking at the ref (they call it "dissent") always gets treated more harshly than a physical foul, regardless of what gets said. Thursday Night Court also takes into account whether the guy shows up (or if his case gets heard in absentia), and what his attitude is at the time (if you promise to be a good boy, you get treated better).

That being said, Rene probably feels hard done by seeing the guy only get 3 games. How dare somebody impugne his reputation (or his nose job)? There is no such word in his vocabulary as "overreact.":rolleyes:

Trece

ps - how's the back?

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Azzi,

I see you have class by only giving the sapperton players 1 game just enough for them to be availible for nationals. Typical move from you giving a player like chris 2 games for nothing. Do you pay the refs. Is your favourite team Juventus?
Azzi you should be fired or relaesed from your duty. And for the guys on the discipline board have some balls and stop beeing Azzi's slave or puppet. Azzi your far worst then Mcgarvar.Well done mussilini.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 3-1 Temple

An interesting game. Sapperton was all over temple for the 1st half however 0-0 at the half. Temple came out much stronger the 2nd half and scored first. Temple began pouring it on and looked in great shape to take the 3 pts, however Sap's keeper ended up earning his team the points. CJ was stopped at point blank range with the goalie getting a foot to it, and last years super-sub Dave Chohan was stopped as well on another great opportunity. From there is seemed to liven the Sap players and they were able to score one and then 2 more all in the last 15 or so minutes. Mind you it looked like 1 was offside. Big 3 points lost for Temple

Trece, back is doing so so, Looks like I will be back in 1-2 weeks however there is still a fair bit of pain which the surgeon says could take a year or so o go away (inflamation and scar tissue).

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
larsson said:
Azzi,

I see you have class by only giving the sapperton players 1 game just enough for them to be availible for nationals. Typical move from you giving a player like chris 2 games for nothing. Do you pay the refs. Is your favourite team Juventus?
Azzi you should be fired or relaesed from your duty. And for the guys on the discipline board have some balls and stop beeing Azzi's slave or puppet. Azzi your far worst then Mcgarvar.Well done mussilini.

Honestly I think any other ref and it would have been 1 game. Didn't someone throw a ball into Billy's face of Indo and only get 1 game?

dudelove

Aug 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched Inter play Vancouver Olympics today at Hillcrest.

The score was 6 -0 for Inter. I really hope the league watched this game as it proves that the Premier division need to go to 10 teams. 75% of the Vancouver players are not even good enough to play Division 2. They are an aweful, aweful side. Inter absolutely destroyed them from start to finish.

I will be surpised if this team gets a win this year or even a tie. Absolutely aweful.

Also heard on the Inter side-lines that the Vancouver Manager before the game said to someone that Inter is the "shits". I wonder what the scoreline would be if Inter was actually good.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
:wa: Rumour has it that olympics had 6 starters playing from their division 2 cat team... They have been hit hard early with injuries and are missing the majority of their team. Also during practise sessions bibs have outscored non-bibs 5-2... so they can score if they want!! PS-- Someone made a bet supposedly to a player (not gonna mention any names) that the over under would be 5... Anyways the outcome of this whole thing put 2500 dollars in the olympic teams pocket... So new track suits for the team and only 3 points out of the bottom of the premier side A... by years end they will have new track suits and a place next year in premier... yeeehaa! Also on another note it was the ICSF coach who was quoted as saying "this team is the shits"... And he wasn't wrong!! All and all, life goes on....

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dudelove: Vancouver olympics are reimburrsing their season ticket holders after such a horrific start. So if u would like u can call our marketing manager.. and he will gladly give u ur money back! His name is Geo ! Hurry cause he is off to japan ... PS: if u play soccer dudelove olympics practises are at strathacona on monday nights and maybe u can give the team some helpful hints on how to win or maybe even a tie ... Thanx as ur comments are muchly appreciated!! Taaa taaa...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0