Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Restructuring

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why couldn't they just take the 5 relegated Div 1 teams add in the Div 2 playoff winner and create a 10 team Div 1 B.

The winner next year of Div 1b would get promoted to Div 1A.

The last place team in 1A would go to 1b.
The bottom three from 1B got to Div 2.
The winners of Div 2 A,B,C would go to Div 1b.

This what I tried to say at the AGM .
THE VOTE was a restructuring of all Divisions . I asked for the vote to be split with first
the premier teams voting if they wanted to join the BC LEAGUE. Most of them in my area voted NO except Metro ford . Then the rest of us could vote on div 1,2 & 3.
If this had been done we would not have passed the restructuring.
Now that we have been put in this position, it is only fair to let Serbia go up.
THE IDEAL LEAGUE STRUCTURE WOULD BE 12 TEAMS IN PREMIER & 12 IN DIV 1,
30 IN DIV 2 & THE BALANCE IN DIV 3
I think the premier teams would agree .I do feel some of div 1 teams getting demoted should not be . So a 1a & 1b would work this next season. Someone has to stand up and get this voted on. All team reps have to be behind it to get this to work Gurps you have our votes
With a 12 team division it means a 22 game season all the teams would have to agree to play on turf or it is scheduling nightmare we had a mild winter so Prem played most of there games.
If the teams want change your reps at the AGM have a vote.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year NK and Temple got promoted to Div.1 (correct me if I'm wrong). So if the relegation process were to work as it does every year with say, the bottom 2 getting relegated, then both former div.2 team would avoid relegation. So much for you theory on the same teams would get dropped.

I agree with Gurps 100% on the div.1a and 1b. Great idea.

Also Wickham is going back down.

I'm just saying that most teams that went up take a beating. Some stay, some go down. Ask NK about the first time they went up?...next year straight back down. And other teams in the past like Ladner, wickham, sarejevo, shaheen etc. had tough times at one year or another.

And also, with the new format Nk would have finished in 7th or 8th in a 10 team div.1, and that's if they beat the top five teams on each side. No sportings, romanias, and primos to gets points off of.

All I'm saying is that if div.1 is playing highly competitive games week in and week out next year. And in div.2 you still have teams that are not as competitive as the top teams, then this does nothing for the league. Imagine next year Chile playing kosova, vancouver stars (no offence to those teams). While those teams get better, playing better opposition, this doesn't help teams like Chile at all.

For now, the restructuring is only for the betterment of their beloved Prem division.

my 2 cents.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Steady and his Chilean brothers!

That's why we love this Cup, upsets! Now imagine if we restructed our league so that there was no CAT system and 10 - 12 teams in each division? Even if we had 5 or 6 divisions total, the caliber would be so strong that I bet you would see a Div.2 team beat a Premier team. It's happened in the past.

Thoughts?

Why couldn't they just take the 5 relegated Div 1 teams add in the Div 2 playoff winner and create a 10 team Div 1 B.

The winner next year of Div 1b would get promoted to Div 1A.

The last place team in 1A would go to 1b.
The bottom three from 1B got to Div 2.
The winners of Div 2 A,B,C would go to Div 1b.

Just my opinion, why would you call it Div.1a and b and not what it truly is, Div.1 and 2?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just my opinion, why would you call it Div.1a and b and not what it truly is, Div.1 and 2?

You could do that as well. I just said keep as 1A and 1B so you still have three groups in Div 2. This still allows new teams coming in to start at the bottom and have a chance to make it to the top. Otherwise, it would be alot of years before a team could move up if they started at Div 6.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hahah you guys still can't sort it out.....
-Start by calling a league meeting and get rid of the dictator!!!
-Bottom Line BC needs to have a provincial league (Super League)
-schedule season the same as the rest of the country

Start with those 3 things..otherwise BC is going to fall behind in terms of National trophies and players getting picked up for the Caps,TFC,Impact and now Edmonton FC.

I may be a head case on the field...but off the field it is a whole different story.

And for all those Muppets who are going to read this and start taking jabs at me go ahead jealousy gets you no where..

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
anybody hear any word if the CAT divisions are going to be scrapped for next year or not? i haven't seen any mention of it yet.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0