Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Restructuring

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Following the decision by the Premier Division teams not to enter the BC Premier League, the VMSL Board of Directors has determined that the Premier Division for the 2010-2011 season will comprise 14 teams. The balance of the Restructuring proposal that was passed at the 2009 AGM will remain unchanged."

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now the question remains:

- one pool of 14 teams... 23 game season

or

- two pools of 7 games... play own pool twice, other pool once... 19 game season

my guess is the latter.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now the question remains:

- one pool of 14 teams... 23 game season

or

- two pools of 7 games... play own pool twice, other pool once... 19 game season

my guess is the latter.

1 pool of 14 = 13 opponents x2 games each = 26 game season.

back to grade school for you :p

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
oops... typing fast and hit the 3 instead of the annoyingly close (on the right side number pad) 6.

regardless... you knew where i was going with that.

26 games is a looooooooooooong season. everyone's rosters are gonna look like inter's. :eek: maybe they saw this coming and were just preparing. brilliant!

Jan 22, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
so the whole point of restructuring was to get less teams at the top. now we have more. 14-10-30-20. There is a skinny div 1 funnel before the large premier head. is this some kind of joke? I guess the mighty premier teams that nixed the bc league by themselves also would have cried had 4 or 5 of them had been demoted to div 1 as should be. so here's what we're left with? wow

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
so the whole point of restructuring was to get less teams at the top. now we have more. 14-10-30-20. There is a skinny div 1 funnel before the large premier head. is this some kind of joke? I guess the mighty premier teams that nixed the bc league by themselves also would have cried had 4 or 5 of them had been demoted to div 1 as should be. so here's what we're left with? wow

for the record, the premier teams asked for the division to remain at 12 teams. relegate 1 or 2, and promote 1 or 2.

instead we are relegating 1 and promoting 3.

wow.

Jan 22, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
less teams at the top means cutting teams, not remaining the same or actually increasing. That was the whole point of the whole restructure process (or so we were told.)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beer person,

Are you saying that 4 or 5 Division 1 teams are better than the current Premier teams?

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So:
Premier 14
Div1- 10
Div.2- 30
Div.3 -20

My gut tells me that if the VMSL decides to join the BCPL in 2011-2012, that the level of competition will drop considerably and the league will be done. Next winter we have 3 Div.1 teams in the premier. We could possibly lose 4 top flight teams to the BCPL. Not sure what the future is in terms of promo and relegation and even how many teams they want to be in premier, but it will be ugly again. You have 10 teams in Div.1 and 30 in div.2. Are they going to promote the 3 group winners in Div.2 or do the same cruel thing as this year whereby they play a round robin to pick 1 team.
I wish in meetings that they be specific in the direction of the league. They have solved the problem temporarily but not in the long term, not even for next season. While I understand that alot of it depends on the BCPL, they should have a Plan A and a Plan B.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The leadership of this league could certainly be a little bit more inclusive of its membership. That way the membership/stakeholders could have a bit of a say in what goes on, and no one gets blindsided.

This is really what caused all of this confusion in the first place.

Jan 22, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think the top teams in div 1 are better than premier, i'm not sure how you gathered that. I'm saying if the league wants less teams at the top level so that the best players are pooled into a stronger group, then we need less teams at the top level, not more. That was the whole concept around the restructuring, to get the best players playing with each other in a less watered-down group. Now we've actually done the opposite, at the very top level with more teams, attempted to do it at the div 1 level by cutting that by 50%, and moving more teams down to div 3. What a mess

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, what I meant is that 3 Div.1 teams in one year is A LOT, coupled with the fact that we may lose 4 teams to the BCPL would be a disaster for our league. Div.1 would probably have better competition/games than premier would

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think the top teams in div 1 are better than premier, i'm not sure how you gathered that. I'm saying if the league wants less teams at the top level so that the best players are pooled into a stronger group, then we need less teams at the top level, not more. That was the whole concept around the restructuring, to get the best players playing with each other in a less watered-down group. Now we've actually done the opposite, at the very top level with more teams, attempted to do it at the div 1 level by cutting that by 50%, and moving more teams down to div 3. What a mess

The whole concept behind the restructuring was based on 4 then 6 vmsl premier teams leaving the division to the bcpl. That was obviously kiboshed but then the same restructuring plan stays in place in order to "keep it fair" for just 2 vmsl teams (1 team from div 1 that would not have been promoted and 1 team from premier that would have been relegated)???

In my opinion, this is another mistake that could have be avoided by the league executives but who knows what went on in their meeting. All we know is that once again we have "accepted" something else that the majority of teams don't want...but this time there may be no recourse.

As SirM points out, the league certainly could have been more inclusive of its membership in reaching this decision...but after all of the events of the past couple months I guess they were not in a mood to meet with anyone but themselves.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know the process of re-electing league executives?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just out of curiousity, does anyone know the process of re-electing league executives?

1) Show up at the AGM
2) Nominate a new candidate for the position
3) Get more votes for your candidate than the executive who is running for re-election

I believe executive terms are 2 years.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dont do it.. the last guy that tried to over throw the current regime woke up with a horses head in his bed :D

added smile face so i dont come off looking like an asshole:cool:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0