Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Restructuring

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
*uck man, you guys are not easy to please that is for sure.
First you dont want to join BCPL because of your own reasons...now 3 DIV 1 teams is going to ruin your AMATEUR soccer experience...YES, these 3 teams will ruin Premier Division...at least they are not like Premier players jumping from team to team just to play at Premier level...

Why dont premier teams create a league of their own and play against the teams they think are deserving of playing with them...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First you dont want to join BCPL because of your own reasons...now 3 DIV 1 teams is going to ruin your AMATEUR soccer experience...YES, these 3 teams will ruin Premier Division...at least they are not like Premier players jumping from team to team just to play at Premier level...

Why dont premier teams create a league of their own and play against the teams they think are deserving of playing with them...

:D

I somewhat agree........:eek:

The league did the right thing and held true to their word to the division one teams. Now there are couple of scenarios which could work for the VMSL IF it wants to go into the BCPL with all the information up front. It seems pretty simple, right? Going with 14 teams next season isn't going to 'ruin' the league. There will be just as much beer consumed after a game against Serbia as there will be against West Van or Surrey United. Right? :confused:

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Somebody with the balls to speak a truth, well done, the arrogance level of SOME, not all, of the premier guys is way too evident and a bit disturbing. Good for you robino.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't say the premier guys are arrogant, they just want whats best for the premier. This years level of competition compared to last years is night and day. I'm not knocking the Div.1 teams, but to have 3 up in one year is a lot. Yes the league did the right thing by promoting 3 as they kept to their word. But in the end, the league has to do whats right for its membership. I hope the really think it through with regards to the BCPL (VMSL killer imo), personally I'd rather see the Champions League format that has been suggested in another thread.
I don't see the English FA, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc sitting down to make some super league. I do understand that people want to see soccer grow. I do to, because we have a lot of potential, and have grassroots. But the BCPL will only benefit the teams involved and will kill all other premier divisions.
Time for a coffee

GEORGE B

Oct 22, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Imperial Cup starts this weekend an Div 1 teams you will have a chance to prove your self against premier teams and find out how good you really are.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes the league did the right thing by promoting 3 as they kept to their word. But in the end, the league has to do whats right for its membership. I hope they really think it through with regards to the BCPL (VMSL killer imo), personally I'd rather see the Champions League format that has been suggested in another thread.

Kept their word? What you mean like with the BCPL? :wa:

Listen (and this isn't addressed to you personally, I'm just venting) when that went out the window it should have also taken the carpet out from under their realignment plan WHICH WAS BASED ON THE BCPL GOING AHEAD SUCCESSFULLY!!! This means they should have left the current promotion/relegation system as is, end of story. Ya it sucks for teams like Serbia but that's life. They finished second behind Akal. Just seems stupid to penalize the top tier like this because it means there might be some punching bags next year in the Premier division. I mean think about it...there will be MORE teams in Premier than in Div. 1!!??? What a joke!

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somebody with the balls to speak a truth, well done, the arrogance level of SOME, not all, of the premier guys is way too evident and a bit disturbing. Good for you robino.

It isn't arrogance at all...I think it is common sense but maybe that is just my opinion. The vast majority of premier teams voted against the bcpl because of the way it was presented to them and ultimately the league didn't happen. The same vast majority of teams are completely against a 14 team premier division next year. There was an opportunity to go with the majority again in this case but the league chose not to do so. We do not know the reasons why.

I have nothing against Div 1 teams at all (I was there for several years!)...I congratulate the 3 teams that got promoted and I wish them the best of luck next year. My beef is with the league executives, who once again decided unilaterally how to proceed.

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kept their word? What you mean like with the BCPL? :wa:

Listen (and this isn't addressed to you personally, I'm just venting) when that went out the window it should have also taken the carpet out from under their realignment plan WHICH WAS BASED ON THE BCPL GOING AHEAD SUCCESSFULLY!!! This means they should have left the current promotion/relegation system as is, end of story. Ya it sucks for teams like Serbia but that's life. They finished second behind Akal. Just seems stupid to penalize the top tier like this because it means there might be some punching bags next year in the Premier division. I mean think about it...there will be MORE teams in Premier than in Div. 1!!??? What a joke!

I think we would have took a different approach to things if we knew only 1 team would go up and we would have been more competitive for that first spot. Having 14 teams wont do much to hurt the league. just relegate 3 teams next year and we are back to 12 premier teams.

We should use the world wide system and have more divisions as the leagues go down with teams in the lower divisions playing against teams in their own city.
Ultimately
12 Premier Teams - 22 games 2 relegated

1st divisions of 12 - 22 games 2 promoted 2 relegated

2 - 2nd divisions of 10 - 18 games
(2 divisions Vancouver/North/west Van & Burnaby/New West/Coq/Surrey)
1 promoted from each side
1 relegated from each side. 2nd from bottom playoff for relegation.

3 - 3rd divisions of 8 - 14 Games
half the games get cancelled might as well keep the schedule small so these teams can have a full season.
1 promoted from each division.

CAT TEAMS can play in the lower division and can only move up to the 2nd division and cant get promotion after that. so if they take top spot the 2nd place team makes it up. this system is most commonly used in Germany.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
CAT TEAMS can play in the lower division and can only move up to the 2nd division and cant get promotion after that. so if they take top spot the 2nd place team makes it up. this system is most commonly used in Germany.

good ideas, except i don't think premier and div.1 teams would want their CAT guys playing in div.3, wouldn't do anything for them to be pasting teams by 8 goals all season. perhaps teams can have a CAT team which is 1 division lower that their own. i.e., premier teams will have div. 1 cat teams, etc. and perhaps their games don't count towards the standings so that promotion/relegation isn't an issue. or just let them get promoted and the club can pass on the spot if they want, or can have two team in the same division, i.e., port moody in the fvsl, they're using this system perfectly and now have teams in every divison of the league.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
good ideas, except i don't think premier and div.1 teams would want their CAT guys playing in div.3, wouldn't do anything for them to be pasting teams by 8 goals all season. perhaps team can have a CAT team 1 division lower that their own. i.e., premier teams will have div. 1 cat teams, etc. and perhaps their games don't count towards the standings so that promotion/relegation isn't an issue.

That would be useless because then the Div 1 teams would rest all their top players against the CAT teams. The games would still be meaningless, and it would be no better than the current CAT system.

IMO the other local leagues have the right idea -- Players can play up in games for teams in their club that are in higher divisions. And if the lower division team is good enough to earn promotion why stop them? If one of the bigger clubs -- Surrey, MetroFord, Westside, or Richmond -- can produce 2 premier level teams how is it beneficial to the league to keep one of them in Div1 and promote a lesser team?

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
the whole point is to make the premier and overall play better. if we restructure the league with the idea I put up then we would have a more competitive div 2 where these cat teams can play.

Dezza ultimately you want some variation and those players playing on cat teams moving to other clubs first teams. Besides none of the CAT teams would challenge for new 10-12 team Div 1 with the sides they have so its not a big issue. if it is an issue let them get promoted to div 1 but thats it. we want to keep the league fair and have different teams in the league not the same clubs running 2-3 premier teams.

The idea behind the CAT division is to give the sub's some playing time to stay in shape not make another premier quality clubs. The problem is there aren't enough good CAT systems to make a reserve league and these teams can get better competition playing in the actual league system then a reserve division. This way the good cat teams will be in 1st n 2nd division and the bad cat teams will be in 2nd n 3rd division.
Call-ups between clubs that are affiliated should be allowed. Richmond olympics should be able to get call downs from the hibs teams n vise versa. same with metro ford i don't understand this rule.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happens next year? 3 go down and 1 comes up for a 12 team prem?
And then div one will be 12 teams, so they're going to relegate three teams in div.1 to promote only one from a thirty team div.2 again. I feel sorry for the top teams in div.2.

And what was the strategy for the following year after the BCPL anyways, you know to make the entire league stronger?...
You have 10 teams in div.1 and 30 in div.2. So how many teams go down and how many teams go up? In years past, three teams in div.2 go up so obviously three teams in div.1 go down. If this happened with the new restructuring then div.1 would be a joke as every year those same three teams would take a beating. It's already hard enough for the promoted sides to stay up in a watered down div.1. If two teams go up and down then the winner of one of the div.2 groups is going to get shafted in a playoff which would suck! If 1 team went up and down, well who in div.2 would vote for that?...most likely not polonia, temple, chile?, bombastic, green devils, PRIMO, sqamish, shaheen, desmesh(doing my research).

If they are going to go ahead and restructure, then they gotta make a 20 team div.2. Div.3 would have 30 teams and the relationship betwen div.2 and 3 will be like what it was like for div. 1 and 2 from years previous. makes sense to me.

..or something in the lines of what plasvic and dezza were talking about in possible divisional alignments.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happens next year? 3 go down and 1 comes up for a 12 team prem?
And then div one will be 12 teams, so they're going to relegate three teams in div.1 to promote only one from a thirty team div.2 again. I feel sorry for the top teams in div.2.

And what was the strategy for the following year after the BCPL anyways, you know to make the entire league stronger?...
You have 10 teams in div.1 and 30 in div.2. So how many teams go down and how many teams go up? In years past, three teams in div.2 go up so obviously three teams in div.1 go down. If this happened with the new restructuring then div.1 would be a joke as every year those same three teams would take a beating. It's already hard enough for the promoted sides to stay up in a watered down div.1. If two teams go up and down then the winner of one of the div.2 groups is going to get shafted in a playoff which would suck! If 1 team went up and down, well who in div.2 would vote for that?...most likely not polonia, temple, chile?, bombastic, green devils, PRIMO, sqamish, shaheen, desmesh(doing my research).

If they are going to go ahead and restructure, then they gotta make a 20 team div.2. Div.3 would have 30 teams and the relationship betwen div.2 and 3 will be like what it was like for div. 1 and 2 from years previous. makes sense to me.

..or something in the lines of what plasvic and dezza were talking about in possible divisional alignments.

When we asked at the AGM what would happen for promotion/relegation after the re-structuring we were told that it would be dealt with at the 2010 AGM. Again... something forced upon us, without fully fleshing out the whole plan.

If the div 2 teams are screwed by this, they can thank the Muckerlomas as it was their manager who was invited to be the div 2 representative of the "restructuring committee" that came up with the brilliant plan of 10 div 1 teams and 30 div 2 teams.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why couldn't they just take the 5 relegated Div 1 teams add in the Div 2 playoff winner and create a 10 team Div 1 B.

The winner next year of Div 1b would get promoted to Div 1A.

The last place team in 1A would go to 1b.
The bottom three from 1B got to Div 2.
The winners of Div 2 A,B,C would go to Div 1b.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why couldn't they just take the 5 relegated Div 1 teams add in the Div 2 playoff winner and create a 10 team Div 1 B.

The winner next year of Div 1b would get promoted to Div 1A.

The last place team in 1A would go to 1b.
The bottom three from 1B got to Div 2.
The winners of Div 2 A,B,C would go to Div 1b.

Jesus Gurps...that would make too much sense and be too beneficial to all divisions. :rolleyes:

___1

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You have 10 teams in div.1 and 30 in div.2. So how many teams go down and how many teams go up? In years past, three teams in div.2 go up so obviously three teams in div.1 go down. If this happened with the new restructuring then div.1 would be a joke as every year those same three teams would take a beating. It's already hard enough for the promoted sides to stay up in a watered down div.1.

Last year NK and Temple got promoted to Div.1 (correct me if I'm wrong). So if the relegation process were to work as it does every year with say, the bottom 2 getting relegated, then both former div.2 team would avoid relegation. So much for you theory on the same teams would get dropped.

I agree with Gurps 100% on the div.1a and 1b. Great idea.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys, all really good ideas. You are making one big error though:

You are mistaking this for a democracy.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars