Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL rumours and various scuttlebutt

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beer garden talk on the weekend suggested that the Hurricanes bought/took over a spot in Div.1 or 2 and are not going with a CAT team. For a first year team in the Premier, they are stretching their players out, but then again I heard a lot of guys left last year. Also, Akal adding a 2nd team as well:same as the Hurricanes- both may struggle up top by stretching out their guys

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp picked up a couple of NV guys as well as 2 Inter guys, a WV player out of the Italian league and ACBCs best player who played for Germany in the Nations Cup.
Names to be released at a later date; once they tell their respective clubs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to see poaching is alive and well in the VMSL.......and better yet many sluts who love jumping from team to team. God bless free agency.......no wonder we never win anything because of the amount of 'loyalty'

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It sounds like Sapperton is desperately trying to run with their death row pardon of last year. Good for you Bob.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
CUCCA Tino
Another Rumour I heard at Nations....Tino to FVSL POCO along with quite an assortment of high profile VMSL guys.
(new poco owner is a friend of most and building a dream team)
I guess the new Pacific Cup (FVSL-VISL) has drawing power.....
I say welcome and enjoy.
or Rumour !

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2010-2011 Preseason Results, Rumours, and Various Scuttlebutt

With the upcoming season beginning Labour Day weekend with each team playing two games, I thought it would be a good idea to see what's happening in the VMSL Premier. Any player movement, team turmoil, mergers, exhibition results, etc....

Newly promoted Akal FC played Douglas College last Thursday to a 2-2 tie. Many new faces with Akal as Bindi (new coach - current coach of India's Nations Cup team) has brought in a host of new and young players to help the team this year in Premier. I lot of faces I did not know, but Perveen (Fiji manager) is helping manage and the team has added a lot of Fijian players. Players that I recognize included Reyhan, Javeed Khan (very good player), Junaid and Ivor Jr. It will be an interesting 5 weeks to see how the team comes together, but regardless a good result against Douglas to begin the campaign.

Other news, I have heard, but unconfirmed is that Azad (Metro Ford) and Omari (every team in the VMSL) will be playing with Indo FC this season.

It's time for me to spend less time on the links and see if my body will allow me to chase the young bucks for a 4th decade in the Premier league :)

Gilly

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0