Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Friendly vs. Man City

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know when the grass is going to be installed at Empire for this match? With the Caps playing RSL on Saturday, I would think it's already down and they'll be playing on it then?

A few pics of the new "turf"...

4.jpg3.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

DLN11

Jan 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dunfield SUCKS everyone knows it he simply BLOWS there's better players in the VMSL itself than DUNFIELD. If you think he's good you must not know FOOTBALL.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
6-1 for City.
Our lone goal being an own goal coming off a City goal kick where the goalie turns around and shoots it in is own net out of pity for us thus giving the hometown fans something to cheer about .

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few disturbing things, I popped off on Social Media about how this thing has turned into a farce and I took a verbal beating from some saying things like "Bobbo can't control the weather etc"
1. Why was the Sod laid so far out in front of the MCFC Game?
2. How does MLS not have rules about changing playing surfaces? How can Tempire be Turf one day and grass the next?
3. Why do the Caps put a mean nothing aside from $$$-game so close to a game they desperately need 3 points from?
4. I'm not any sort of green thumb, but surely they could have put some sort of permeable fabric or membrane down between the turf and the sod that would allow drainage without the large particles (rocks and large clay/mud) getting into the turf/drainage system and damaging it. Perhaps something like that fabric you put down when doing draintile?

at the end of the day, the MCFC shouldn't ever effect the ability to play a game that means something standings wise... and it ruined my Saturday. :mad:

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hillary should be canned and the turf consultant should be shot

You have to give Hillary some credit, she mentions the sun and is wearing her shades, she is definitely more
optimistic than the sod in the welly boots.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So would it have cost more to put stands around Swanguard? It cost 200,000 for the sod how much for bleachers? The grass should be in decent shape at Swanguard as well since it's barely used and they wouldn't be having this farce. Oh well hopefully we keep the game respectable.

Some scores so far in these games are Man U. 4-0 New England, Real Madrid 4-1 L.A. Beckhams. Now if we can limit them to 1 or 2 it would be good.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's a thought... Install Grass at BC Place, and bring in a skid mounted turf setup for throwball.

The argument against grass in all these facilities is that throwball with their trench warfare will ruin grass, so it's gotta be an option right?

At the end of the day this will be a debacle until the Caps own and operate a Soccer Specific Park.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few disturbing things, I popped off on Social Media about how this thing has turned into a farce and I took a verbal beating from some saying things like "Bobbo can't control the weather etc"
1. Why was the Sod laid so far out in front of the MCFC Game?
2. How does MLS not have rules about changing playing surfaces? How can Tempire be Turf one day and grass the next?
3. Why do the Caps put a mean nothing aside from $$$-game so close to a game they desperately need 3 points from?
4. I'm not any sort of green thumb, but surely they could have put some sort of permeable fabric or membrane down between the turf and the sod that would allow drainage without the large particles (rocks and large clay/mud) getting into the turf/drainage system and damaging it. Perhaps something like that fabric you put down when doing draintile?

at the end of the day, the MCFC shouldn't ever effect the ability to play a game that means something standings wise... and it ruined my Saturday. :mad:

In retrospect, postponing the RSL match will actually help out the Caps with their injury issues. So, not a bad thing at all in terms of the standings... unless of course you're more concerned about an easy three points for RSL and their standings?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When the fcuk are they going to give a definitive answer on the game being a go or not?

:mad:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably well after all the other "sources" have said... like for the RSL match when certain Southsiders, Bruce Constantinaeu, Marc Weber, and the TEAM 1040 were all tweeting and facebooking saying the game was off and the Club's feeds were still saying Stay tuned...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0