Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Roster and Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That I don't know - would seem stupid if he was though... if he was on a US-based team, he would be able to play in away games @ Vancouver & Toronto.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is retarded... the only thing I would imagine that could be the same is players playing for Welsh teams in the FA Leagues... Like a Canadian kid moving to Wales, then jumping from a Welsh League team to a Welsh team playing in England (Swansea?)

He moved to the states from Mexico with his family which exempted his need for a work permit, or guaranteed it, now in order for him to play prior to his 18th birthday would be for his family to immigrate to Canada for non-football reasons.

I can't imagine any appeal-exception/special FIFA Permit is coming or we would have heard about it by now.

I'm sorry to say we likely won't be seeing Omar till September.

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the dragons or poco city?

i'd sign the guy for one year at a minimum salary. it sounds like the caps are going to need a ton of help up front.

but at that age, who's next??? i know reedie's probably trying to get an agent! :)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So that caps have added as of today: Camilio da silva Sanvezzo (Brazil), Alexandre Morfaw (Cameroon), Michael Boxall (New Zealand) and Russel Teibert (Canadian)

Roster is now:
Roster as of today
GK- Joe Cannon (USA)
GK- Jay Nolly (USA)
DF- Jay Demerit (USA)
DF- Greg Janicki (USA)
DF- Wes Knight (USA)
DF- Alain Rochat (SUI/CAN)
DF- Jonathan Leathers (USA)
MF- Gershon Koffie (GHA)
MF- Nizar Khalfan (TZN)
MF- Phillipe Davies (CAN)
MF- Terry Dunfield (CAN)

MF- Atiba Harris (St Kitts)
MF- Michael Nanchoff (USA)
MF- Shea Salinas (USA)
MF- John Thorrington (USA)
FW- Omar Salgado (USA)
MF- Davide Chiumiento (SUI)
DF- Michael Boxall (NZ)
MF- Jeb Brovsky (USA)
DF- Bilal Duckett (USA)
MF- Alexandre Morfaw (Cameroon)
GK- Brian Sylvestre (USA)
FW- Long Tan (China)
MF- Russell Teibert (CAN)
DF/MF- Blake Wagner (USA)
FW- Eric Hassli (France)
FW- Camilo da silva Sanvezzo (Brazil)

Still "In Camp"
Kevin Harmse (Canada)
Bedri Gashi (SUI)
Mouloud Akloul (France)
Cornelius Sewart (St Vincent & Grenadines)

I'd expect an opening day starting lineup of: (I could be totally out to lunch on this)
--------------Hassli-----------------
------------Chiumiento--------------
Teibert------------------------Khalfan
---------Koffie------Dunfield---------
Rochat---Demerit---Janicki----Leathers
---------Cannon/Nolly----------------

There are rumours that Blaise N'Kufo's family and people are here negotiating with the Caps... interesting...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its not Roster moves and I wasn't going to start a new thread for it, but for those Fifa video game lovers out there, you can now play with the Whitecaps on Fifa 11, did it last night, pretty awesome to have the home town boys on there.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As an addition to my post just ahead of cascadesoccer...

as per Mark Weber at the Province:

the Caps have a total of 27 roster spots signed of 30 they are allowed. They have used 7 of 10 "International Roster Spots" And they have a minimum of 3 Canadians.
The 7 Internationals are: Chiumiento, Hassli, Koffie, Khalfan, Boxall, Morfaw, and Sanvezzo. (I'm guessing that Tan (China) and Harris (St. Kitts) don't count as they have American Citizenship or Landed Immigrant status.)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who knows, at this point there is really no sense in discussing it as it pertains to Saturday, as I don't imagine anyone will come in, sign today or tomorrow and feature in Saturdays game.

I'd like to think that when the European season is over we might see one or two come over, there's always trades between clubs, and such.

I'm sure the Caps feel pretty good about their team and depth, they're likely looking for a bit more offensive pop...

I'm worried what will happen to their backline when Demerit leaves on INTL Duty with the states for their road game vs Philly... Boxal is away to play with New Zealand also, I would assume Mouloud Akloul will take a roster spot and an International Spot once he's fit and fully recovered from his broken ankle... he JUST took part in his first full training session with the Caps. I would think they would sign Harmse as central midfield depth and as Canadian Depth, but I'm sure a guy like him with MLS experience will not just accept any old contract offer... I can't see Stewart sticking around, as he's likely not good enough to warrant taking up an International Roster spot and there is a glut of small strikers already here that can't score... I don't have a clue about Bedri Gashi.

Soehn back from Europe yet? :p

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well well things do look better with addition of bunch of younger guys. It should be a blast vs Toronto. Even Toronto is adding kids. Nice to see. Only four guys left on a in camp list. Only one youngster has a chance. If his foot gets better I think Akloul has a chance. If I was a coach I would take a local guy like Harmse. The more Canadians the better. Edmonton is just a car ride away. We all would like to see Kevemn on Caps or Edmonton.

geezer

Aug 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I happily retract my statement, with my acknowledgement of ignorance regarding the Swiss Super League!

What is with this attraction to the Swiss Super League anyhow from matches I've seen it is on par with the MLS but less physical. I mean your gonna tell me you couldn't find a championship striker or somebody who at least has a goal scoring pedigree? Better off putting Valentine up front or even Vanlente LOL.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Harmse has signed with the whitecaps. Good to see all of his hard work and rehabilitation payed off. All of us at Poco FC are very happy for him and thankful for his time at the club.

TA

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TA......just kidding, big man.......I thought it was an honest question. :) Good luck to the lad and good luck to your team in the Provincials.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Captain....feels like i've been asked that question a million times this year. A million...just like our salary cap. Lol Hopefully Harmse gets some minutes this weekend. He deserves a shot.

TA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0