Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Roster and Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow...I think I just made my decision to buy seasons tickets. Little late to the show, I know...

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What kind of impact do you think he will have once he rejoins the team from international duty? Since he's the first overall pick do the whitecaps feel a need to try and push him to be an immediate impact or do they have take there time and make sure he's ready? He's still just a kid.

TA

Don Taylor

Mar 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What kind of impact do you think he will have once he rejoins the team from international duty? Since he's the first overall pick do the whitecaps feel a need to try and push him to be an immediate impact or do they have take there time and make sure he's ready? He's still just a kid.

TA

Agree..

sounds familiar... Like Freddy Adu who i might add was traded from DC united to Real Salt Lake with GK Nick Rimando for none other than caps keeper Jay Nolly

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think w/ Saldago he's just following the next step in his own evolution as a player.

Adu was overhyped as the great American hope. The expectations around Saldago revolve around "potential", not "sure thing".

Besides, I also think the Caps are pragmatic: they see this kid as a potential sale down the road, and will do what's best to allow him to develop, not pin their highest hopes on him.

That said, I think he's a special player and will show well.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
When the ball hits the net,
like it did for George Best,
That's Salago

A little premature but perhaps the Captain can help out with this one as Celtic did this one for Di Canio.
Of course it should be sung quietly while sitting,

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD......can't recall because to be honest during the 90s, didn't see many of the games as technology wasn't what it is now......I'm researching right now though. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD.....this is the one.

when the balls in the net
and it's not jorge cadete
it's di canio

Sang to the song......That's Amore........

There were a couple of other 'similar' versions too. :D

when the balls in the air and its not big pierre its di canio
when the balls in the net and its not jorge cadete its di canio
when it goes like a bomb? and its not andy thom its di canio

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was going off of memory from my trip over in the 90's and maybe the memory isn't so good. I did see a couple of games and the atmosphere was fantasic. The fans sat and cheered go Celtic go in a very quiet and organized way.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So we could try

When the balls in the net
and it's not Alain Rochat
That' Salgado

When we score on TFC
and it's not Hassli
that's Salgado

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe we stopped them at 9 in a row which ties the record if some of my memory works.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, the Dr. finished the 9 in a row.......but some bad times then.......almost lost the Club.....similar to where the Huns are financially right now. :D

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DeMerit injured his groin tonight.. his tweet recently:

"Disappointed to come off. Groin isn't too serious but too early to tell how long. As Arnie would say, ILL BE BACK! #sheeeaat"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0