Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Roster and Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't even realize he was playing anymore :rolleyes: We already have enough injury problems in the midfield, don't need to add another Salo. That being said, if he was healthy that would be awesome.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
tribal football is a joke, you or I could start writing opinions daily there for schmucks to post to sites like this... :rolleyes:

Shevchenko would be pretty crazy though.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Considering the reception Bundbury got, what would the reception for Hargraves be here? Cheers or jeers?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
News Conference @ 11:00am...

VERY curious to see what's being announced...

A few theories floating around
- Teitur fired/New Manager appointed?
- New DP(s) signed? (which means 1+ cuts)
- BC Place is way behind schedule and Caps will play all games this year at Tempire?
- another major Euro team friendly announcement?

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
teitur and mike salmon fired...

Tommy Soehn replaces teitur as Head Coach

apparently Salmon was the big Nolly booster... could finally see a switch to Cannon

Soehn saying "i don't think it's going to take a lot of time to turn this around"... the brass must have been getting as frustrated as the rest of us were with the team selections

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crazy... well at least we can perhaps start seeing some progress by this team now.

As long as they don't bring back Bob Lilley! :)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
watching the tweets roll in from contacts at the presser...

Essentially the firm training regiment hasn't helped with all the injuries, Salmon was a big booster for Nolly, Soehn is saying that it shouldn't take too long/too much to turn the year around.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suspect a lot of this has to do with this.

A lot of the TT Supporters have been saying that he's had his decisions being foisted upon him by others like Lenarduzzi, Soehn, etc... Keeping Miller etc on staff but gassing TT and Mike Salmon say a lot to me about how the keeper with the #1 top has only seen the pitch once all year, how the tactics keep getting criticized, the player selections etc.

I'm reading into this, especially after reflecting on the tine and mood of Demerit and his comments Saturday, that this was inevitable. Teitur was just out if his depth.

I'd like to see Cannon between the pipes, Chiumiento deployed more centrally, and less of a stubbornness to rely on long balls and too direct a style.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think its a well written letter by the club. Even though we only have the one league win, we have alot of ties and apart from the slow start, I have not once thought about not supporting or giving up on the team. Its our first year, and I think they will really turn it around with a new technical staff, and start getting the deserved wins, that keep coming out as ties and then some. Second half of the year will be good for us I believe. GO CAPS!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cautiously optimistic about this. TT's approach has led me to think that he was just in over his head at this level, with the insistence on hoof and hope, and refusal to change or adjust tictacs that aren't working (forcing players to play positions they aren't suited to).

We will always try to second-guess managerial decisions, but hopefully there won't have to be as many dodgy ones after this...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe Clarkey, Freddy and Kindel were on to something...

:D

It will be very interesting to see who is between the pipes on Wednesday night...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD I did refund my tickets. See I knew it from day one. There was no chance for T to win with the two guys in charge now. Set plan. As of now we do not give a F. Man was a good coach. Made this town look like a soccer town. It took a same slmy sole to destroy onother good coach. In my opinion he is next. Dutchland main D and Dunfield. Sikness neve goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0