Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Roster and Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In other news...

Jay Demerit is named club's first MLS Captain, and as the 20th Club Captain since 1974.

Dunfield and Thorrington are named Vice Captains.

as far as any PoCo players in camp...the page at the Caps site hasn't had an update on "who's in Camp" for the first team in a while.

regardless of who it is... it is likely they might feature in the two games this weekend at the Cascadia Summit in Tukwila WA. Which you can all see streamed (supposedly) at the 3 Cascadian clubs websites this weekend.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now I really want a refund on my season tickets. What are you guys 3rd or 4th in the second or third best amature league in the provice. I would feel better if they had JTL on trial, atleast he is scoring at will in his league. How many of your players are?

23 gf in last 4 games. I'd call that scoring at will. If he makes the team come by our training and I will buy your season tickets off you. That way you won't have to watch him. Probably the cheap seats anyways ;)

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would come by but I hear you don't bring beer to your training so I will be hanging out with Sid instead. I did however steal the tape with his name on it from your locker perhaps he can sign it. Good luck to him but I am hoping for a higher level of talent from the wc.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You heard wrong. We have a fine selction of domestic and imports and they are free to players and the 3 fans that we have. Bring sid with you he's always welcome . As for Harmse hes got a lot more talent than some of those guys they have there. He's a fantastic player and we wish him well. Were gonna be asking for a big transfer fee.

TA

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You heard wrong. We have a fine selction of domestic and imports and they are free to players and the 3 fans that we have. Bring sid with you he's always welcome . As for Harmse hes got a lot more talent than some of those guys they have there. He's a fantastic player and we wish him well. Were gonna be asking for a big transfer fee.

TA

Great news for him; all the best. It'd be great to see some local tallent make the squad.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
geezer, the contracts are held by MLS, so he's effectively disputing the league, and thus will not have a line back to Vancouver until that is resolved,

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
TA I noticed that the Whitecaps have Harmse's previous club as Houston Dynamo? Would you like to call them or would you prefer if I did?

Can Cann play as a striker or are they planning on using that Houdini kid?

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all the money that the whitecap ownership group has, that's the best they could get? After clicking on that link I still haven't even heard of him. Dissapointing

TA

geezer

Aug 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
geezer, the contracts are held by MLS, so he's effectively disputing the league, and thus will not have a line back to Vancouver until that is resolved,

I always forget that, That is what we get for letting the Cosmos do what they did in the 70s with their all world all star team.

What is with this attraction to the Swiss Super League anyhow from matches I've seen it is on par with the MLS but less physical. I mean your gonna tell me you couldn't find a championship striker or somebody who at least has a goal scoring pedigree? Better off putting Valentine up front or even Vanlente LOL.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
apparently Blake Wagner and Long Tan (what a name!) are being added to the MLS First team roster today... good for Blake, not sure about Tan (Sorry to bring up the race issue) Is this an effort to secure some of our mandarin speaking Vancouverites?... He really has no business on this team based on what i've seen and heard about his performances.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The last I read was that the Caps were still hopeful a special ruling would be made this week in order to clear the way for him to play.

The Caps claim is that while Vancouver is in a separate country, the league they play in is pretty much an American league... the FIFA rule that is preventing him from playing shouldn't apply in this case - there is hardly another situation in the world of football I don't think that is comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0