Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Roster and Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Met ex cap Terry Dunfield at LAX this morning. What a great guy, not a bad word to say about the Caps. Had a little chat about the Chivas game and football in general. Great ambassador for the game.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canadian Soccer News and Forum - Vancouver 6.3 per cent shame

It is a shame that Canadians cannot get a game in a Canadian Team.
BCSA and the Whitecaps have been working together for almost 10 years on the Player Development side.
Who have they developed?
No BC players on the National Team, well maybe one.
Who is responsible for this?
We keep hearing all this propaganda about how much money is being poured into the Residency Program, well, what is happening here?
Something is not right.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The last post is embarrassing to be honest! We litterally have no opportunity or chance to push local soccer to another level in this part of the world with stats like that on "our" team. Why did we ever choose soccer to play in this part of the world anyways? Guess it's our fault.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

BCSA and the Whitecaps have been working together for almost 10 years on the Player Development side.
Who have they developed?
We keep hearing all this propaganda about how much money is being poured into the Residency Program, well, what is happening here?
Something is not right.

some valid questions right there that I would also like some answers to

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Who have they developed?
Something is not right.

Was waiting for you to pop up on this one jigsaw. The numbers are a bit of a punch to the stomach but we knew it wasnt pretty. As I said earlier in this thread, I have made a note of all the players in the new full time U14 program and look forward to many of them representing Canada at U17 and then on to first team football....... :rolleyes:

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

Who have they developed?
Something is not right.

Look at the names of those who have been involved with BCSA and Whitecaps all those years and you will have the answer. Basically, the same circle all the time, no chance for somebody to break it from the outside. It is a golden mine for some, great pay for basically part time job and no responsibility at all. There is the answer to your question.

nocents

May 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
An increase in Canadian content would have likely put the Whitecaps near the bottom of the table, which is something that would not be tolerated by a club of this calibre.

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
An increase in Canadian content would have likely put the Whitecaps near the bottom of the table, which is something that would not be tolerated by a club of this calibre.

Now that would truely be a catastrophe;)

Lets go one step further. Just imagine if in the last game vs Dallas they had actually started Jar-poo in place of Long Tan. Now that would have been really stupid. ;)

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akloul: strained relationship with Soehn led to exit | The Province Blogs

fair enough that akloul didn't handle himself properly... but if soehn is this petty, is this really a guy that we want involved with the team?

i thought akloul was fairly solid at the back, and during a time when the caps were short at the back anyway, it still seems like soehn's ego got in the way of the team

also, with Rennie (allegedly) having final say as to who they sign, what, if any, will soehn's role be next year?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That would explain the Jarju sighting in Dallas then. I normally don't harp on player selection etc, but Soehn has proved he is amazing at "shitting the bed" when it comes to assorting talent into a competitive team. Even if Jarju was great, why did we need another offensive option? Shouldn't the D be the focus? He's made no sense all year, I'm actually glad the season ends this weekend.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who the fcuk knows...

I don't know a lot about Hamlett, but you'd think a guy with Miller's CV would be somewhat appealing to Rennie, along with their Scottish connection... Maybe Rennie is a total cnut like the rest of the WFC FO and will fit right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0