Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs New England 20110406

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's on the Team1040 being interviewed at 9:45 this morning... or so said Rintoul on my drive in...

I seriously hope he is good to go, that backline has been prone to giving up too many chances and too much space.

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Missed the interview on Team 1040 but talked to him briefly at the screening of his movie last night. Apparently it feels good. He's going to train today and if it goes well, he'll play.

Btw, if you get a chance to check out the movie, it's terrific: Rise and Shine: The Jay DeMerit Story

His two college buddies that directed it are great guys as well. Pretty inspirational stuff: Jay DeMerit's Watford dream and a friend in need make compelling film | Simon Burnton | Football | guardian.co.uk

Lucky to have this guy. Could not pick a better captain. Hoping DeRo watches the film at some point as well. Could possibly learn a thing or two.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Awesome, weather network has brought the P.O.P. down to approx 20% for Wednesday Evening for Burnaby & 10% for Vancouver... at around 6 degrees C.

Supposedly Chiumiento is fit, and the Revs have some injury worries, add to that they flew in the day before last really late at night, with only around 24 hours to settle in for a 7pm PT kickoff (will be a 10PM kickoff for their body clocks)

I'm gonna predict a 2 or 3 goal win for the Caps.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh...and taking a wee peek at a Revs fan board also highlites their concerns about the match official: Baldomero Toledo (Holy Toledo batman!, he IS hated across the MLS!) supposedly (This is my first year of watching any amount of MLS games...) this guy is a nutter (Gives RC's and PK's out in 40% of the games he has done in MLS) and is famous for pissing on games...at least according to some of their fans... :wa:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Whitecaps FC Daily show yesterday said that they expect to see a CB Combo of either Rochat and Boxall or Harmse and Boxall...

Demerit, Janicki, and Akloul all still not fit.

I'd expect them to go with
Hassli Camilo
Khalfan Dunfield Koffie Chiumiento
Wagner Rochat Boxall Leathers

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm torn on if Harris should be taken out of the line-up right now...

I agree with GB and say give Harmse a run at CB and leave Rochat at left back.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Wagner was pretty poor imho the last time out, the game changed when he moved to the back and Khalfan came in on the wing when janicki was subbed out (I'm sure Davide coming on helped too! :p )

which would leave me thinking I'd leave Rochat out on the left and put Harmse in, however he's more or less been a Defensive CM in the MLS games I've seen him play, I've never seen him play CB except for his time with Whitecaps in the USL...

As far as Harris, his play dictates that he should stay in, but he's been getting the fcuk kicked out of him for the last 3 games, he can't keep this up without picking up an injury sooner than later. Rest him, and bring him on as a sub when Hassli gets his first Yellow of the evening!

I'm worried about sending offs now that I've done some research on this official, ESPECIALLY Hassli.

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard to imagine the reffing could be any sketchier than the Philly game but this guy does sounds bad. Luckily I'm thinking Hassli will be on his best behaviour ;)

Striker dilemma is a tough one. Harris has been rock solid and deserves to start but the fact that he's been banged up every game and another big one coming up on the weekend might give TT the angle he needs to bring him off the bench. Starting the two big men and bringing Camilo off the bench isn't a bad option either.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta love that we're having this dilemna of choosing strikers as all seem to be on form. What are we going to do when Salgado comes into the fold?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
more importantly... what is the licencing at Oscars? Is it a pub? Or a restaurant? I'm coming to the game with foureleven, fourtwo, and threesyx, and wouldnt mind bringing them all there pre-game.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope, it's a pub-proper... but if you're there late enough, it's a madhouse, therefore you'd likely get zero grief from them being on the patio (It's very narrow, but long with tables) however if you're there too late you can't even get in the door...foureleven FourTwo and threesyx would giggle the whole way down with the SS-March though... it's a lot to take in, with all the drunkiness and street-stumbling-on and so on and so forth...

At the home opener there were a few kids between the ages of 10 and 15 (Guesses) that were hanging about the lobby/entraceway of the pub waiting for their "parents" to stumble out... ;)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
noted, thanks. my boys will enjoy the walk down for sure... what time do you usually head to the park?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
from the southsiders board:
03:30pm Tifo Setup
04:30pm Oscar's Pub Meetup
05:30pm Gates Open
06:00pm Rally Starts from Oscar's
07:00pm Match
09:00pm Return to Oscar's Pub

Just a reminder of the Southsiders Deal at Oscars. Two Granville
Island Lagers and Bacon-Mushroom Burger for $14.99. 20% off all
other regular priced food items.

There is also the membership discount at the Cold Beer and Wine beside Oscar's.

* 10% off singles from the ice bucket
* 10% off all Howe Sound craft beers
* 10% off orders of $100 or more
* Special rates on 6-packs throughout the summer

We will not be having Membership signup and pickup at this event due to time restrictions. Sorry for this, please sign up online or at Doolin's next weekend.

~EndShamelessPlug

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0