Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Police Fire Games 2009 Soccer

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got home from BBY lake, its on fire!!! The place looks great beer garden is huge and the games have been great. Went to watch the Police team from Italia and it was good to see the local support they had!

Very impressed with what I saw. Going back now to watch Italia vs South Africa.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Impressive set-up would be an understatement. :) I must admit that Open 'A' group was nowhere near as good as I had expected but there were a few quality players. The South Wales Police team was solid......tough group with a few decent individuals. I think teams will have a hard time scoring against them.

Back at it for an 8:00 kick-off tomorrow. :(

Beer garden definitely had some talent. :D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Impressive set-up would be an understatement. :) I must admit that Open 'A' group was nowhere near as good as I had expected but there were a few quality players. The South Wales Police team was solid......tough group with a few decent individuals. I think teams will have a hard time scoring against them.

Back at it for an 8:00 kick-off tomorrow. :(

Beer garden definitely had some talent. :D

I agree. The teams in the Open A Division are not of the quality we have seen in the past in my opinion. I think some of the teams who entered in the B would give them a good go and a lower mainland select team would kick butt, but who is to know what to expect.

The beer garden is THE BEST!!!

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reffed the Sao Paolo vs VPD O35's yesterday mornng. Not bad overall. VPD were the better team really from start to finish, and with a bit more luck could have won by 2 or 3. Having said that, Sao Paolo had their chances, but looked a bit out of sorts on the turf. Off for a 10am kickoff this morning to do the UK Prison Service vs Sacramento something or other.

oh, and I concur, talent was in abundance all over the shop!! :D

:bronco:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby, I agree, but I have not yet seen the South Africans who are usually top quality. But I can tell you that Veneto State police team that we played yesterday could easily play and do well in the top Div...best side I have seen us play against since Netherlands in 89.

PS Captain was sporting a smashing pink jersey yesterday.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Sir M...it was just for you. :)

I watched Bronco ref the aforementioned game and he did a good job....there were some TOUGH looking lads on the UK Prison Services team......but Bronco intimidated them just as much as they intimidated me. :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what detachment were you representing yesterday Captain? Did you offer to show any of the tallent your hose?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what detachment were you representing yesterday Captain? Did you offer to show any of the tallent your hose?

WTF? I take my reffing very seriously. I'm there to officiate and nothing else. I would never be distracted when running a line by the birds walking by in white summer dresses with HUGE tracks of land. Not me. It's all business.

I'm really looking forward to another 8:00 am start tomorrow. I did buy a new referee jersey today so I could look as good as Kevin Uppal. Well, at least try to look as good. Kevin, please tell me what you think of the new yellow number tomorrow when you see me. :)

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

I did buy a new referee jersey today so I could look as good as Kevin Uppal. Well, at least try to look as good. Kevin, please tell me what you think of the new yellow number tomorrow when you see me. :)

Well it will be a shock , I have never seen you not wearing the green and white hoops.:p

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF? I take my reffing very seriously. I'm there to officiate and nothing else. I would never be distracted when running a line by the birds walking by in white summer dresses with HUGE tracks of land. Not me. It's all business.

I'm really looking forward to another 8:00 am start tomorrow. I did buy a new referee jersey today so I could look as good as Kevin Uppal. Well, at least try to look as good. Kevin, please tell me what you think of the new yellow number tomorrow when you see me. :)

Quarterfinals over 35's.
Surrey vs UK prison guards -2pm
Dutch vs Van Fire- noon
Delta/Richmond vs VPD- noon
Brazil vs Nor Cal Fire- 2pm.

Surrey went 4-0
DeltaRich Fire went 3 wins 1 tie
Van Fire went 3 wins 1 tie.
Nor cal went 3 wins no losses in a group of 4

Delta/Richmond won a coin toss over Van Fire for spots 1 & 2 in the group.. After 4 games .. Same points . same goals for and against. Coin toss!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers,
Deucy

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Running the line for one of the 2pm games. UK are a good side, but talking to their manager afterwards, he pointed out that most of the guys are over 40. They don't have an over 35 league. They really snatched a draw from the jaws of victory yesterday. Up 2-0 at the half and up until 5 minutes left in the game were in total control. A goal with 4 mins left and one with just seconds left that beat the keeper from almost the touch line (over his head) :D. Can't see them pulling an upset against Surrey.

:bronco:

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a great event... I spent the better part of an extended long weekend there. Watch a little soccer - get too hot head over to the hockey and cool down follow it up with a little boxing.

The soccer was good, bad and ugly. By far the most impressive were the Russians (Tax Police) they had incredible speed and passing; played amazing as a team and their finish was okay as well (still think they could've shot a lot sooner than they did), peg them to take it all.

Never ventured into the beer gardens but they were impressive and I'm a sure a good time was had by all.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had to leave, but the Russians were struggling against the South Africans when I left, I think 2 or 3 to 1 for South Africa. It looks like in the Open B, that New West PD and West Van PD will go through I think, and maybe Burnaby Fire...which is really well done for those sides. The more favoured local sides, VFF and VPD ran into some tougher sides in the group stage, and I believe (although it was not over when I left today) that they are out. I do not know the final result between Veneto Police and California Fire this aft, but I am predicting those two will be in the final. The Spanish team that played NWPS were as disgrace to the sport.

Finally, VPD women (with Metro Gerela coaching:wa:) play in the final against Montreal PD tomorrow at 2PM.

Sir M.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why the dancing banana beside Metro's name, Sir M?

Also, I think the South Wales Police team is better than the Italian team I lined today. Number 10 on the Italian team was excellent but the Welsh are TOUGH, have pace, and can play a very direct game. I think they might upset them. Having said that, I haven't seen the California team......

I'm going to try and get out to a few games on Friday morning

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So anyone know the matchups for tomorrow? Seniors semis, Div 1 & 2 quarters? What time does New West play? Going to head out for the noon matches.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So anyone know the matchups for tomorrow? Seniors semis, Div 1 & 2 quarters? What time does New West play? Going to head out for the noon matches.

The Over 35's Semis are Thursday 4PM.

Surrey Fire vs Van Fire
Delta/Richmond Fire vs Nor Cal Fire

Surrey Fire beat UK prison guards in PK's.
Van Fire beat the Dutch 4-2
Delta/Richmond beat VPD in overtime 1-0
Nor Cal beat Brazil 2-1

Cheers Deucy

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Over 35's Semis are Thursday 4PM.

Surrey Fire vs Van Fire
Delta/Richmond Fire vs Nor Cal Fire

Surrey Fire beat UK prison guards in PK's.
Van Fire beat the Dutch 4-2
Delta/Richmond beat VPD in overtime 1-0
Nor Cal beat Brazil 2-1

Cheers Deucy

Thanks. Any info on today's open quarters?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M:

Veneto/Cali I believe ended in a draw.

Watched the Italy/Brazil game - hard to believe that is the "A" level; the Brazilian team I saw would struggle at our Masters' level. Russia/South Africa was a much pacier game and actually quite entertaining; almost as entertaining as the totty in the Beer Garden. Anybody else see the blonde chick with the fake mustache?:D

Cheers,

Trece

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0