Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Y-league try outs

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We also are not at same level as US simply due to population. Our best are equal to, if not superior in a lot of cases to their best. The difference is, they have "more best."

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also Mr. Base,

In the Super Y league, you don't have enough time to develop players. You have them for 3 months so there isn't enough time to develop them more than what they are. Therefor, you have to take the players who are playing well at that time or have been playing well lately. Not ones that will be good in a year. So technically, i'm not sure if the Super Y League is about development or more about results then?

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a tough mixture isn't it, Mas? Generally we carried 18 players. 2-3 of which were always "development" players who played less so than others, but for the purposes of developing for the future (ie, an underage player...).

SYL is about results - qualification is all that really matters - probably moreso to the boys than the coaches!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masry you are finaly making good sence. You guys are all about good players. In orther to have good players you must have better development coaches. See gold and lower coaches are all parents. Most of them have not played soccer. They are paying low fees for their kids to play. Now if each child paid twenty five dollars a month you can have a pro coach teaching them how to play soccer. I say only upply this in gold and select soccer. I still say stick to Canadian sides. Use their tournaments for test. Show them nothing beat them when it is important. Tacticly we are wrong. Just a small step towards better soccer. It is not about the score. It is all about the development all the way till 18. Aftwer 18 it is all about winning and getting paid to play. Instead kids pay to play in any upper level. Masry you are getting it. It is not about one good player. It is about developing few good players by each coach.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base - come on now.

1. Masry always made sense.
2. You can't say (a) "show them nothing beat them when it is important" and then say (b) "It is not about the score"!!!!

You keep contradicting yourself. As Super Y League ass't coaches, please respect Masry and myself have an understanding of the league itself and what is needed. Results is #1 in SYL, like it or not as all kids want to get to ODP for observation, and/or to Florida. However, as coaches, we all just want to help the kids improve the game as a nation and individuals.

American tournaments/competition is critical - if you are winning every tourny you enter, you are probably entering the wrong tourny's.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better I get what you think. I kew you are just doing the job. I do not blame you if there is a coin to be made Masry will be there. He likes easy money I see it. I saw him coaching little guys today. There is few good players on that 98 team to be.
Size is lacking in some players. Pace is ok passing looked ok. You just never know he might be OK. Year above there is more ??? than on his side. He was hiding under the tent. Tipical hates the sun and hates the rain. But his hart is in rught place. Hopfuly he will lisen and get a guy or two to help him out. Young keeper from Cliff looks OK. Back to YSL. Cost is high for what you get. If you play US side than I say cost is fine. But I hear US sides do not want to travel to Canada. Many US kids have no proper paper work.
Must have been lots of running across the Rheo.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better I get what you think. I kew you are just doing the job. I do not blame you if there is a coin to be made Masry will be there. He likes easy money I see it. I saw him coaching little guys today. There is few good players on that 98 team to be.
Size is lacking in some players. Pace is ok passing looked ok. You just never know he might be OK. Year above there is more ??? than on his side. He was hiding under the tent. Tipical hates the sun and hates the rain. But his hart is in rught place. Hopfuly he will lisen and get a guy or two to help him out. Young keeper from Cliff looks OK. Back to YSL. Cost is high for what you get. If you play US side than I say cost is fine. But I hear US sides do not want to travel to Canada. Many US kids have no proper paper work.

your an idiot, all i can say to that first part. i know nour (masry) on a personal level and the guy loves the game and i know he isn't in it for the money which is complete condradiction base. i would say youir clueless but in all honesty some of your points make sense but it seems like you want to argue with everyone about everything. betteromirror, and masry are both better coaches than you are i can bet on that and tbh i would bet money they would do it for free if they had too. But they don't have to cause they know what there doing. I could put money on the fact that if i wanted to coach which i don't cause it isn't for me, but i'd still make a better coach than you. Some of your other comments in other sections about using broze etc for development is utter shite too, how can you? broze is for kids who's parents want them to play a sport, or kids who want to play soccer but aren't as talently gifted as metro and a few gold players. Stop arguing with these two guys who know more about this league, and sport than you do.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ha, Base,

You are too funny. I actually don't get paid to coach the 98's just so you know. And actually, I would still be coaching if there wasn't money for it with anything else I do. And you are very stupid if you don't think that 98 age group is going to be one of the best in the league.

And so you know, I wasn't "hiding" under the tent. I was writing notes so that if parents ask me about why their kid was cut I could give them a reason instead of all the papers getting wet and me not being able to write.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masry, Dont be weak. Strong coach takes it on the chin and then comes back.
Never speek big before game times. Burnaby side is under size with avrage skill.
Most of the better kids are Guitos and Johny's and Roman Tulas products.
Go slow and hold an extra four players in your pool.

I never assalt I love joking with bit punch.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masry, Dont be weak. Strong coach takes it on the chin and then comes back.
Never speek big before game times. Burnaby side is under size with avrage skill.
Most of the better kids are Guitos and Johny's and Roman Tulas products.
Go slow and hold an extra four players in your pool.

I never assalt I love joking with bit punch.

Haha, base.

"Strong coaches takes it on the chin and then comes back"? You are one to talk eh? Strongest coach around. You should maybe even give Tony Fonseca lessons in coaching since you think you are the only one right.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fonseca is trying hard still can not win with sides he fields. He is as strong as the players in the pool. Now lisen and select speed size and strength first. Train them and we might have three for upper pool. I would like to select tewnty guys from BC an play the upper side. The score could go two to one ethere way.
Tony knows whats needed. He can not change the selection at youth age. Kids have to go first change before you kow, if they will be fast ,tall, strong ,quick minded and have hart for the game.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fonseca is trying hard still can not win with sides he fields. He is as strong as the players in the pool. Now lisen and select speed size and strength first. Train them and we might have three for upper pool. I would like to select tewnty guys from BC an play the upper side. The score could go two to one ethere way.
Tony knows whats needed. He can not change the selection at youth age. Kids have to go first change before you kow, if they will be fast ,tall, strong ,quick minded and have hart for the game.

kind of like how your divison 3 fv team finished mid pack and not 1st. if you was a good coach you'd be able to get players to play for you. why do you not like or even have any respect for masry? are you jealous that he has the ability to learn things and not fight everything like someone on here.....:rolleyes:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You should look again to see where the team was. Never in mid pack. Always in top two three. I was never jealous of any one. One does the best he can with what he has. You might call it fighting but to any coach it is about spreding Canadian soccer here more so then the guys go to US to smoke their pipes. I do not give fracking shite about US. They always go to World cup. I just do not like guys that think by coaching kids from five soccer schools that they are the developers. Tulas,Siybo, Ekram, TSS, Sulentic, Gino,Carlos and few other in the Valley are true developersd. As far as I am concerned select soccer should be sraped or to be played in the summer only. Half of the gold teams are just as good as select guys. Surrey could field five teams. That is where it all goes wrong.
I took silver one guys went to open men league and came in top three. That tells you what FVSL level is at. It would have been the same for VMSL. I always head fourteen guys at the game. Only during Olympics one game I was short two players due to not been able to find the Park. Some one has been feeding you false info. Masry is just staring out. I try to point out to him if he takes the small guys he will sinck with them. Come out to Khalsa tryout on Burnaby lake and show what you have. Again labs make more money. Some of the younger guys need to make living. Missin even you could be on of them. Always be happy and cheer people on. Masry will make a buck, just kiddy corner from the north west field. Good soccer will bring people out. Maple leaf is the best. Who cares about Yanks.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base - I have been coaching "top" gold teams the last few years - cup wins, league wins etc - and believe me...NO WAY are half gold players as good as select players. Physically....MAYBE, but technique NO WAY.

Every Gold team has at least 1-2 players "good enough" for metro. But maybe not for the metro team in their city. The top gold teams have 3-5 (and that is stretching it probably) players "good enough" for metro. This is based on my team having sent 2 players to metro/SYL, and 2 other also making an SYL team.

Base - a HUGE complaint in soccer has been "they only win because they only take big kids." I will take small kids with loads of technique over a big clumsy kid ANY DAY. You win at the highest levels with technique, not strength. Messi and Fabregas are the purest examples of this - not to mention Canada's own JULIAN DE GUZMAN.

Base - point is, stop bickering. If you have an argument - deal in FACTS.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I always deal with the facts. You just setup few friendly games with Delta Gold. Surrey Gold and you will see what I an talking about. Forget Mike Holdam reffing. Burnaby never losses when refs. Be serious. Surrey has got tuns of good players. Burnaby can hardle get thirty five guys out to try out at U16. Some of those cliff guys got you twisted the wrong way. Royal cirty bronze side has two player just as good as any U15 select player.
You are dealing with the guy that played in Europe knows wich kid is boing to be a ball player. Remember size every thing. Just I ask you girlfriend and she will tell. You are right it is all in a tatch. If they have size you can always teach them skill. MLS avrage size is sixfoot. What the hell are you going to do with three small guys on the pitch at same time. Every fifty fifty ball is gone to the opposing side. Masry know what it is all about. Only he can make a mistake by selecting to many small guys. IF he does he will not be coaching seklects for to long. I did it ten years and can tell you size and strength and pace make a huge plus in a game.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have been coaching against Delta Gold and Surrey Gold for years, all age groups u13-u18. My first-hand knowledge stands. 2-5 metro-level players per team. I am not saying they don't have good players. I am speaking strictly about metro-level youth players. No one said there are not good players at lower levels.

No one is arguing size and strength is a huge bonus. If you want wins in youth soccer you go with size and strength. BUT, if you want particularly good adult teams, you develop skilled players first because in adulthood the size will catch-up. You don't see Man United or Barcelona loaded with behemoths, do ya!? Just look at Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Xavi, and Messi! Of course they have strength surrounding them in areas, but overall...nah. Stoke City on the other hand - all big guys that can kick and tackle. Which is more successful?

Base - stop getting insulting and accept other people know a thing or two. Finally, it is spelled TOUCH not TATCH.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I always deal with the facts. You just setup few friendly games with Delta Gold. Surrey Gold and you will see what I an talking about. Forget Mike Holdam reffing. Burnaby never losses when refs. Be serious. Surrey has got tuns of good players. Burnaby can hardle get thirty five guys out to try out at U16. Some of those cliff guys got you twisted the wrong way. Royal cirty bronze side has two player just as good as any U15 select player.
You are dealing with the guy that played in Europe knows wich kid is boing to be a ball player. Remember size every thing. Just I ask you girlfriend and she will tell. You are right it is all in a tatch. If they have size you can always teach them skill. MLS avrage size is sixfoot. What the hell are you going to do with three small guys on the pitch at same time. Every fifty fifty ball is gone to the opposing side. Masry know what it is all about. Only he can make a mistake by selecting to many small guys. IF he does he will not be coaching seklects for to long. I did it ten years and can tell you size and strength and pace make a huge plus in a game.

so emile heskey is the worlds greatest player?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
but on a serious note though. cause you played soccer in europe when you was younger means you can recognise a good player instantly? i'm from england but i don't lie to myself and pretend like it means i no everything about the game. Just incase you fdidn't realise base, not everyone in europe who likes the sport knows everything about it. you really have no arguement here, and i guarentee there is no bronze players playing bronze that are good enough to play metro unless theres a reason behind it. which tbh i doubt. as for burnaby? hmmmmm check out the burnaby royals team from a few years back. then talk about how burnaby has no good players. buddy i think it's time you look at how no1 seems to ever agree with you and swollow your pride and say to yourself "know what, maybe i am wrong for once"? I doubt it as your one of those people who will argue and condradict themselves despite being told by numerous people your wrong.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. royal City product ----- Ian Soloven. One big Slav.
2. Royal city products---- Ukranian Brotheres also big

Here is three guys as good as any local guys on Caps. Onley one small thing. They are all Canadians. No spots open. What can you do. Next team is 6000 miles away. Called TFC. Has 8 Canadians. Now you think and let me know why Canadian kids do not get the chance in USL.

USL is just as good as good PCSL side. Most of the sides play kick and run. It is no dam fun to watch.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0