Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Zizou & Friends BC Place July 4th?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahcene Adlani...anyone know this guy? Ghouse?

JBN...seriously, tell us what you realy think. Why would the CSA or pro clubs shy away from this? Inquiring minds...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB...how can I reply to your wit when you go and delete your posts?

This was #37. Almost halfway through the day, give me strength.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What do I think!?

Jeez, where do I start?
1) You have aging/aged retired players advertised to be accompanied by guys that may or may not show up for a variety of reasons
2) They are playing "(insert city here) All-Stars" In Montreal, TO, and Vancouver. None of the 3 teams in those cities are playing, so the "promoter" then has tryouts for locals at a couple of hundred bucks to "try out"
3) Then you are going to get BC Place as a venue, and expect people to pay $25-$100+ for tickets? (remember this is before ticketbastard takes their pound(s) of flesh too)
4) Advertise that part proceeds will benefit Unicef, now he is unsure whether or not he is going to make any money!? I wonder if Unicef gets a minimum committment and he might lose further money... or was that just a smokescreen?

as far as the CSA: You can't fault them, they usually get themselves involved in these things and bollox them up bad, they actually fluked into doing the right thing this time
as far as TFC, L'Impact, and WFC, they are in the middle of their seasons, and the Caps or TFC will be in the CCL at this time too.

This thing can't miss!!! :D Surely!!! :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, forgot that I already shared the above thoughts on page 1. ;)

Still haven't heard who the two FVSL'ers are that are playing in this thing according to the FVSL Website.

I'd imagine the other players must be coming from the VMSL no?

This thing wouldn't be as bad if we had a proper soccer specific stadium in place, even one down by the waterfront in the gastown distrcit :D

I just view the potential for this to be bad with BC Place on a beauty sunny summer evening with a good chance of no Eto'o or Gattuso.

**EDIT** Just went to the Website.

You have to Pay $236.25 after taxes via Paypal to tryout, just to try out

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
why don't they have the IGM Dragons play them? They are loaded with former semi-pro and national team players after all :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hehe.

I am not just kicking the snot out of this thing for shits and giggles.

I would like to know who is playing whom before I decide to open my wallet. That is all.

I am not going to drop $29.99 to $99.99 per ticket based on the idea that "Zidane and friends" featuring players *like* Eto'o, Gattuso, Vieri, Prso, Costacurta, Barthez, etc will be joining him, while playing the "Canadian All Stars"

If the Canadian All Stars are the same team travelling to all 3 cities I hope for the Promoter they have some name power and history... Guys like Catliff, Clarke, Valente, Ali Gerba, Tomasz Radzinski, Sulentic, other sometime/current/former National Team players, etc... and they have already waited too long to announce this, any momentum they could have generated has been pissed away.

Rick Titus is going on about it on the V's board, so I'd imagine he is playing...

Nothing against the VMSL or FVSL, but I'm not sure I want to watch (for lot's of money) out of shape former greats play against FVSL and VMSL Premier Guys (again the FVSL Site claims 2 FVSL'ers are playing in the Vancouver Match)

Canada's real National Team will be playing Jamaica in LA the day before the Vancouver match on the 4th of July. The Caps have a huge gap in their schedule with no games between an away match in Cleveland June 23rd, and a home match July 9th vs Minny, maybe a few Caps feature in? Would this be okay with Bobbaduzzi?

I probably would have purchased tickets for this, but the water is too murky and no facts have been announced. In Fact you can't even tell a game is happening in Vancouver from the Promoters own site FFS!

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
hehe.

I would like to know who is playing whom before I decide to open my wallet. That is all.

I am not going to drop $29.99 to $99.99 per ticket based on the idea that "Zidane and friends" featuring players *like* Eto'o, Gattuso, Vieri, Prso, Costacurta, Barthez, etc will be joining him, while playing the "Canadian All Stars"

If the Canadian All Stars are the same team travelling to all 3 cities I hope for the Promoter they have some name power and history... Guys like Catliff, Clarke, Valente, Ali Gerba, Tomasz Radzinski, Sulentic, other sometime/current/former National Team players, etc... and they have already waited too long to announce this, any momentum they could have generated has been pissed away.

Rick Titus is going on about it on the V's board, so I'd imagine he is playing...

Nothing against the VMSL or FVSL, but I'm not sure I want to watch (for lot's of money) out of shape former greats play against FVSL and VMSL Premier Guys (again the FVSL Site claims 2 FVSL'ers are playing in the Vancouver Match)

Canada's real National Team will be playing Jamaica in LA the day before the Vancouver match on the 4th of July. The Caps have a huge gap in their schedule with no games between an away match in Cleveland June 23rd, and a home match July 9th vs Minny, maybe a few Caps feature in? Would this be okay with Bobbaduzzi?

I probably would have purchased tickets for this, but the water is too murky and no facts have been announced. In Fact you can't even tell a game is happening in Vancouver from the Promoters own site FFS!

why not play the Calgary Callies ? :D

I hear north korea is looking for some exhibition games now that they have qualified for 2010

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
hehe.

No current Caps are playing.

You seriously want to see Catliff in this game? No doubt he's a Canadian legend, but he's 44 years old with busted up knees and has been retired from pro soccer for 15 years.

I heard Clarke, Kindel, Valente, and Rosenlund are all playing.

I guarantee none of them paid $236.25 to tryout.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't saying specifically I wanted to see Catliff, but guys with name power and the group I listed as an example.

Good to see those 4 playing in the game, I am honestly wanting to see something, anything, from anywhere with what the anticipated roster is/will look like. Why should I have to get TTP'ers to tell me who is playing to help me make up my mind on whether or not to go!?

If I was any of those 4 and was told I needed to pen a cheque for $236.25 to try out I would have told them to get stuffed, which is exactly why I am not too high on this thing. The optics are just really bad.
A guy here at work that is a total World Soccer Snob. Hates Caps games, hates anything locally here for soccer, and is a fanatic about Football in General, and he said "why would I go watch Zidane and co. play total donkeys and put on a Globetrotters type exhibition against local amateurs?" Having things sway perceptions like having to pay a $200+ fee to "tryout" is what kills these sort of events imho. (this is what he referenced when making the above comment)

I think it was/is just being marketed very poorly, and this is why I am not surprised as to why there are no sponsors and ticket sales are very slow.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
poor marketing... agreed. Zidane... I''d play just to scottish kiss Zidane ;)... but in the end.. it's just another soft friendly like the hundreds that go on in Europe throughout the year.. either you support it or you don't.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
poor marketing... agreed. Zidane... I''d play just to scottish kiss Zidane ;)... but in the end.. it's just another soft friendly like the hundreds that go on in Europe throughout the year.. either you support it or you don't.

My point in my inebriated post last eve was that this is a kick about... if you want to see a bunch of "stars" go enjoy it... the quality/pace won't be there... if you want to watch a kick around with a bunch of washed up local "stars", come to the JBL it won't cost you quite as much as $236.25.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICSF blah blah warning (ugly colours and all supplied by their press release):

Zidane and Friends Gala
at the
Italian Cultural Centre – Grand Ballroom
Friday July 3, 2009
The Italian Cultural Centre is proud to host, with Master of Ceremonies, Gloria Macarenko, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spend an evening with the soccer world’s elite!
Attend the Gala
On Friday July 3, 2009 Vancouver soccer enthusiasts will want to be a part of the Zidane and Friends Gala at the Italian Cultural Centre – an extraordinary gathering of iconic soccer stars (Including Zinedine Zidane, Franco Baresi, Gennaro Gattuso, Alessandro Costacurta, Samuel Eto’o, Dado Prso, Ludovic Giuly, coach Arrigo Sacchi (all subject to availability).
Tickets to the Gala will include a ticket to the Zidane and Friends soccer match at BC Place on July 4, 2009.
Gala tickets cost $250.00 each.

For more information please contact Ashli Komaryk at the Italian Cultural Centre
Ph. 604 430 3337
culturaldirector@italianculturalcentre.ca
# # #

Ashli Komaryk-De Lucio
Italian Cultural Centre, Cultural Director
Ph. 604 430 3337 www.italianculturalcentre.ca
P please consider the environment before printing this email
Check us out on Facebook - Italian Cultural Centre
Italian Week 2009 is coming! June 21-26
Zidane and Friends Gala Friday July 3 (your Gala ticket entitles you to a ticket to the July 4 BC Place match too!) Please visit www.italianculturalcentre for all details!

$250 for a chance to try to talk these guys out onto the grass at Beaconsfield? Maybe a bit too steep. Sounds like "promoter losing his shirt" time again...

Trece

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICSF blah blah warning (ugly colours and all supplied by their press release):

$250 for a chance to try to talk these guys out onto the grass at Beaconsfield? Maybe a bit too steep. Sounds like "promoter losing his shirt" time again...

Trece

never thought id see the day when Zizou would be welcome at an italian cultural centre:D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love the caveat after all the names
(Including Zinedine Zidane, Franco Baresi, Gennaro Gattuso, Alessandro Costacurta, Samuel Eto’o, Dado Prso, Ludovic Giuly, coach Arrigo Sacchi (all subject to availability).
:D :D :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0