Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Zizou & Friends BC Place July 4th?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have neighbours who would go to get Gloria's autograph.:rolleyes:

Actually the daemonspawn were going to try to see if they could get away with playing a soccer game in the parking lot just as the players arrive. Don't have the heart to tell Daemonspawn #2 that they would only be able to get away with that in an Adidas commercial in a World Cup year...:D

Trece

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see the big greeting party's price has now dropped to $150, which includes a ticket to the game, and a kickabout with Trece's boys in the parking lot.

Not a good sign. And if this flops, it is too bad, as there are a lot of good local players (no, sorry not the Kimono Dragons, whomever they are) who have been training pretty hard for this. For example I know of 7 or 8 from the BC Champs side (none of which have to pay any money, or would they) who have been training for this up to three times a week.

Sir M.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zinedine Zidane arrives in Canada
"I Am Very Excited to Be Here", Says Zidane

June 24, 2009 - Media Release
Zinedine Zidane met the media at a press conference Tuesday at the Hershey Sports Complex in Mississauga . Ahcene Adlani, the Tour promoter, announced that Zinedine Zidane & Friends will be appearing for an exhibition match at BMO Field on June 25th. Combined with stops in Montreal on June 28th and Vancouver on July 4th, the Zinedine Zidane & Friends Tour represents one of the most prolific [sic] events in Canadian sports history.

Zinedine Zidane is one of the greatest soccer players in modern times. He has led France to two World Cup appearances including a title in 1998. His club affiliations have been equally impressive including Real Madrid and Juventus FC. Zidane retired from professional soccer in 2006 following France 's appearance in the World Cup final. As Goodwill Ambassador to the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), he makes regular tour appearances at stadiums in Europe, Africa and Asia . Zidane's "Match Against Poverty" benefits many charities.

Venue Updates

Toronto

Zidane & Friends will be playing at BMO Field against the Canadian All Star and Friend on June 25th. Zidane will be accompanied by other top European professionals in Toronto, including Prso Dado, Martin Palermo, Brandon Biebel, Sergio Rebrov, Savo Milosevic, Lakhdar Belloumi, Carlos Quiroga, Giuseppe Pallavicini, Paolo Beruatto, Antonio Asta, Giovanni Lorini and Francesco Vincenzi.

The Canadian All Star and Friends Team will include a number of top local players selected by team coaches Steve Hill and Patrick Tobo through scouting sessions and open tryouts held over the past few weeks. Coaching staff will be joined at game time by Mr. Ahcene Adlani. Players include Calum Hill, Jesse Mahal, John D'Amato, Julian Uccello, Linford Reid, Lorence Notaro, Marcel Debellis, Michael Uemura, Michael Rinzema, Richard West, Rick Titus, Steve Elias, Wu Yiu-Kwok and Yannick Lewis. This Canadian squad will be joined by Diego Fuser, Gianluigi Lentini and Roberto Maltagliati from Italy .

Montreal

Zinedine Zidane & Friends will be appearing for an exhibition match at Molson Stadium on June 28.

download
download

Zinedine Zidane speaks to the media
in Mississauga on Tuesday

Ahcene Adlani, Tour Promoter
Vancouver

Zidane & Friends will play their final match at B.C. Place on July 4 against the Vancouver Allstars, a team of top amateur and former professional players from the Vancouver Metro Soccer League and the Fraser Valley Soccer League. Training is currently underway with player selections to be announced over the coming weeks.

Samuel Eto'o, Franco Baresi, Dwight York and Shaka Hislop will also join the Zidane and Friends team in the Vancouver match. They will be coached by Arrigo Sacchi, the former Italian national team coach who led Italy to a World Cup in 1994.

A gala dinner for Zidane & Friends is scheduled to be held at the Italian Cultural Centre in Vancouver on July 3rd. Other events are being finalized including a youth camp and coaching clinic.

www.zidaneandfriends.com

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
These are the FVSL'ers involved according to the website:

Mike Perry- Chilliwack Rapids and Jay Gangnes- Poco City have been chosen to play in the All Star team that will play against Zidane & Friends on July 4th- CONGRATULATIONS!

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I had bought a ticket to the gala at the Italian Cultural Centre expecting to see stars of Italian descent then I would be pissed because they are not coming, contrary to the promo material. Caveat emptor.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER ALL STARS (VMSL & FVSL) Omari Aldridge; Nico Berg; Brandon Bonifacio; Emilio Bottiglieri; Jeff Clarke; Tino Cucca; Paul Dailly; Steve DeBlasio; Marco Durante; Tony Giata; Rizal Ganief; Jay Gangnes; Michael Gomes; Darko Jelic; Joseph Marrello; Leo Nash; Mike Perry; Jonathan Poli; Milad Rahmati; Tyler Rosenlund; Didar Sandhu:cool:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those tickets are all the cheap seat too, so I heard. $150 for dinner and a ticket isn't bad, as long as Johnny "Fire" Focco is playing at the I. Centre, and Jimmy Holiday gets up and signs Elvis with him, I would buy a couple of tickets for that.

hos

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
10,000 in TO in a 3-3 tie but no serious NAME players other than Zidane with 2 assists and a post and stopped on a breakaway late:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0