Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Nation's Cup - tournament banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So that's what I posted last night. Brilliant stuff. Who's the bright guy who sent the cooler full of beer home with me? Is it wrong to drink in the dark, nude and by yourself on a Wednesday? I certainly hope so, because I never want to do that...

again.

Unlucky about the digit JB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ireland has lodged a formal protest before the tournament because KNVB is now playing for Scotland, after being a part of the Ireland squad. Also, JB apparently played an exhibition game for another team too, so that is against tournament rules. Just because JB has pasty white skin, doesn't mean he can just switch over to Scotland. Everyone of Ireland's players is legitimate this year, by the way. So deal with that, tournament committee. Also, Croatia is playing ineligible players, so that will be dealt with too. Good luck to all the participants this year, except the teams who are playing Ireland. BTW, Ireland will win the open this year. Speed, speed, and more speed. They have the top coach in the tournament, Burnro(did you know he is undefeated with Club Ireland in winter league play?), best goalie in Craig Edwards, and a lot of toughness all over the field......They will be entertaining to watch too. I will be calling the beer garden on Saturday night to check the progress.

Have a great weekend, everyone, and it will be very interesting to see how the tournament deals with the protest.........

TAL

Hail Hail

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Good call on the protest, I guess KNVB could just switch uni's with Bob A who played for Scotland then made the switch to Ireland. I guess since Bobby Charlton did that, the Canadian contigency started nabbing players, yet now KNVB has made an educated decision looking for wins and to get a game on a Sunday afternoon, not just Sunday morning on a warm July weekend. Worst case, if anyone is short uni's, Rob Hall has a collection of Canadian, English, Caribean (if ever a pasty limey went to an odd team) and now the Croatians flag bears his chest. Maybe the big protest will get everything in order, or end the tourney....argentina's keeper, you will see him, a bit big for that group. At the end of day most of the If we keep picking up this many players we may outdo the actual scottish team, and Millar would have to switch to another new team and coach the national team...cheers

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Good call on the protest, I guess KNVB could just switch uni's with Bob A who played for Scotland then made the switch to Ireland. I guess since Bobby Charlton did that, the Canadian contigency started nabbing players, yet now KNVB has made an educated decision looking for wins and to get a game on a Sunday afternoon, not just Sunday morning on a warm July weekend. Worst case, if anyone is short uni's, Rob Hall has a collection of Canadian, English, Caribean (if ever a pasty limey went to an odd team) and now the Croatians flag bears his chest. Maybe the big protest will get everything in order, or end the tourney....argentina's keeper, you will see him, a bit big for that group. At the end of day most If we keep picking up this many players we may outdo the actual scottish team, and Millar would have to switch to another new team and coach the national team...cheers

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose it's a good idea to repeat yourself when no one ever listens to you eh?... sound strategy. I hear Capri's and wrist bands are on sale at Au Cotton this week. Better get cracking, wanna look sharp for the weekend there boy o.

yet now KNVB has made an educated decision
No one has ever accused me of that before, perhaps you may not be the sniveling, prancey girls blouse who chafes me worse than this wool thong I'm wearing does. There may be hope for you after all... this thong however, has exactly 3 more hours.

Captain you're in for it now, after last night Millar is filing a protest but against Ireland for the same reasons.

You want a speedy team? You should have seen the Scottish move when I said I'll get the next round. Nearly caused a Stampede.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia looks in fine form for the Beer Garden on Saturday after thier first lose.

My predictions for Saturday, at least 3 Capri wearing Ireland players in the pint garden.

Lets Go Scotland, well O-30's at least.

hos

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Speedy? Ireland? With Reedy up front? :D
Unfortunately, the speedy-Reedy will not be joining us this weekend due to the birth of his baby girl, but we certainly have some players with pace for the opposition to worry about.

Looking forward to a great weekend at what looks to be another hot and sunny Nation's Cup!

Burnro

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Fukcing Day today, Scotland O-30's couldn'd score and the keeper missed a cross so they lost both matches vs. Ireland 1-0 and then India 2-0 because we a shitt. But worse than that is, you finish your match and the damn pint garden is closed down :mad: because Knowone is walking around pissed with a silly Sumbraro on :D , nice call Bigman. Dark Days for Scotland, Open team tied their first match vs. Sporting and then beat up on some other team. O-30's couldn't finish their FishNChips, and the O-38's lost the first match. Nice day out in Richmond, with lots of fans, and Keeper taking some fan-tas-tic Pics on many TTPers. Too bad the pint garden will close down on Sunday at the same time the two Open teams are battling it out in the final for the Cup, where do you present the Cup now?
Still a great tourney, and the new Ladies Division was great, lots more T-bars at the park, got to love it.
If you want Pints, get there early, and if you want to dance, hang around Knowone, ole ole ole, are they real, ole ole ole.

hos

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got back and had some din. Beer garden closed at 7.30. Nuts to Richmond and their liquor laws.

Finished downloading the last set of pics. 500+ on the day, maybe there'll be one or two worthwhile posting. It'll take a while, but I ain't goin' to bed quite yet.

Smiles, don't leave the park tomorrow before I meet up with you. I had to make a print for you.

HOS, unlucky on the first goal vs Indo, and I don't see how on God's green Earth the second was onside. Nice hat though.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Nice hat though.

Not making a slag here, but that hat would be Magic with the dog you had at the park today, I am sure I have seen that thing in some Taco Time ads :D . Smiles does get the pic of the day, but come on, that kit is sooooo 1999, just ask Zenga, he know all about keeper fashion, he work for EA Sports.

Well I don't have to worry about the Pint Garden on sunday, my one and only game is at 12forfive, thats if Kiwi shows up to take care of my Kids, "lets get retarded in here!"

hos

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
She could probably sleep in it.

Best keeper kit out there today was the German Over 30. Hands down. Classic baby blue. That spells sharp.

Done with a couple Over 30 games:
  • Canada v. England
  • Ireland v. China (aka Team of Flying Daggers)
They're all here: http://www.takethepiss.com/multimedia/browseimages.php?perpage=90&c=575

More coming, but for now here's one when the camera slipped. Just for you, Argyle . .

Attachments

• 2005-07-23 - Nations Cup Birds 001.jpg
    2005-07-23 - Nations Cup Birds 001.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 182

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, one more Over 30's game is up:
  • Canada v. Germany

Still got 7 more games to process, but I can here sleep calling. Loudly. The rest'll have to come tomorrow.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dirty Daddy 3,

I knew I should have gone with you and your 'whore' kids home to eat Raison Bran (sans the raisons) ;)

The beverage garden was so minimal (lack of beer, lack of hours)compared to recent years. Sucks to those 'new' prices and security. I did, however, love the shirtless action -see me in the chair facing the entrance tomorrow:wa:

The Buc was the place to be for post eats = also if you wanted a dance with the red-carded keeper for Ireland :eek:

HOS, don't leave tomorrow until we raise a pint together :confused:

I'm so happy with the success of our girls today that I could care less of the results tomorrow :cool:

+congratstosuccessfulteamssofarSC

To catch up on the ladies:

England vs Canada 2-2
Ireland vs Scotland 1-1
Ireland over Canada 2-1
England over Scotland 2-1 (I think)

I hope to see England at the oval 3pm sharp :)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
The Buc was the place to be for post eats :)

O'Hares was pretty damn good too, lots of boys showing up on the patio, we even got a "could you guys tone it down", and we were still on our first pints. Any one know what the match-ups for the semi's could be today, I have know idea who won yesterday, because I know we sucked.

hos

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any scores from today? I've checked into an Internet cafe here Malahide(north Dublin) to see how Ireland did today. Congrats to the mens and womens teams on their first day success, particularly the ladies. Well done, SC.

Here's hoping to an Ireland double.

P.S. Another profitable night at the dog racing last night, coming out 40 euros to the good. :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In over 30's, Ireland beat Scotland 1-0 but lost to China 2-0 (I think that was the final). India I believe is 2-0 with their last game vs the Irish in that group... India just needs a tie to go through to the final.

In the other 030s group, these are the scores I think:
Canada 1-2 Germany
England 2-1 Greece
England 0-0 Canada
Greece 3-1 Germany

In open play, I heard Ireland beat Canada 4-1 but lost to Italy 2-1 (not sure on the Italy result). Canada I think beat the Croats in their second game... I think the I-ties are in the drivers seat in that group. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0