Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2006 Division 2 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bukkakemon said:
this is for the sph/city contingent: you guys are bitches. both of you. it doesn't even matter who did what on the field or who was a bigger bitch on the day, both of you are far surpassing any bitch on the park by crying like a couple of 10 year olds. it's soccer. someone wins, someone loses, some players are cheap, some players dive etc. etc. etc. DEAL WITH IT. nobody wants to hear you guys bitching back and forth about who was a bigger bitch for the next week. i hate to break it to you but YOU'RE BOTH BITCHES. gl to all in the cup.

bukkakemon

We do sound like a couple of bitches.:eek: I suppose Dap could move us to are own thread, "soccer bitches" My appologies.;)

Lobbans C ( Darkhoarse) upsets NK, Captain Morgan with the hattie.:D

slowmotion

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slowmotion--Let me slow it down for you---ohhh yah that feels oh so good. Well back from the olympics,tested positive, but good to go for Div 2, One thing to say since I havent been on is it me or is there that many copy cats pro Nk or Non NK. I am the original sh1t talker so please, undefeated, Hurricane talker,SPH talker who ever....Stop trying to be like me. SlowMO out.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Odds of Socceroos going past the next round:
1000:1

Their win over Yaletown only goes to prove the weakness of the 2C division. Having watched SPH play, they are a good team and deserve promotion, but they haven't really had much competition so far this season. The overall skill and team play of the top teams in 2A/2B is far superior.

SCOTTY

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SmartCoach said:
Odds of Socceroos going past the next round:
1000:1

Their win over Yaletown only goes to prove the weakness of the 2C division. Having watched SPH play, they are a good team and deserve promotion, but they haven't really had much competition so far this season. The overall skill and team play of the top teams in 2A/2B is far superior.

:wa: You know how I know that you're gay SmartCoach, because your post consists of angry old fart air. You're obviously trying to find an excuse why the roos defeated Yaletown; however the socceroos team that I saw looked technically sound and very solid on defence. They shocked Yaletown with superior skill and agility. Richmond United will be in tough against this team.

Looking forward to this game!..

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 3 - 2 Lobbans

An ugly game to play and watch. Some may complain about the reffing but I think he did an admiral job considering what the two teams gave him.....sloppy, late tackles, elbows up, studs up, tackling from behind, etc. I've never been in a game so chippy; however, both sides were guilty of 'foul' play that ultimately resulted in a parade of yellows and reds. The last red was comical; their keeper comes out to the 35 yard line and misjudges the ball or kicks it into our player so we get a breakaway...but our player is hauled down at the 20 by the keeper, leaving us with the first down at the 18. :D
The Lobbans were a tenacious and tough bunch and didn't give up even when down a man (or two late in the game), but NK fought hard to keep the lead. As Biscotti says, "Whatever it takes."

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I notice on the 'excellent site' that they put the score backwards for our game against the Lobbans. I was wondering if the same mistake was made on the Belmont-Romania tilt that shows a 4-3 win for Romania. Bandcamp?

'Rza' Ruddock

Aug 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCOTTY said:
You're obviously trying to find an excuse why the roos defeated Yaletown; however the socceroos team that I saw looked technically sound and very solid on defence. They shocked Yaletown with superior skill and agility. (quote]

We had a sh1t game - simple as that. One of their goals came from our goalie dropping a corner cross into his own net. I wish the Roos all the luck in the next round but they beat us by working harder than us - not with superior skill and agility. Our 7-0 previous win over them and current league standings prove that. As for all this trash talking about 2C I would agree that the division is possibly not as competitive as A and B but SPH are not the only decent team in the division. We have beaten a number of other top teams in the the other two divisions in friendlies this season.

It's just a shame we fcuked up so bad in the cup competition we won't get a chance to play another divisional team in a competitive game! :(

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama! said:
I notice on the 'excellent site' that they put the score backwards for our game against the Lobbans. I was wondering if the same mistake was made on the Belmont-Romania tilt that shows a 4-3 win for Romania. Bandcamp?

So NK actually won this game? I just want to hear it one more time before I believe it.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK wearing black with white trim against the Lobbans who were wearing black and white vertical stripes made for a fukced up game. I personally made two perfect passes right in front of their net to them. Lobbans with 2 reds, 8 yellows and at least 20 talkin toos from the ref made for a lowest common denominator type match which NK seemed drawn down to all to easily for our liking. One thing is for sure. If we bring this effort against Signmaster it will be a sad day for NK. That being said I don't think we can play that bad in a higher level soccer game. The cup was decided on penalty kicks last year 1-1 through regulation/overtime and NK-Signmaster also drew 0-0 in the provincials so the teams have alot of respect for one another, something seriously lacking in this medium. Good Luck All.

PS...Lobbans demanded a price all day and can at least take pride in making us have to remember a game we would rather forget.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah no kidding, this game was pretty ugly, the pitch wasn't all that great, made for sum funny ass tackles, anyways, props to that lobbans guy who score the first goal, great shot, prolly savable if i actually saw it. Lobbans played a tough game, it was fun almost fighting w/ them, I'm glad we got away with the win, the score was a justice to this game.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watchers old picks

18 Punjab 19 Richmond It was a Joke wasn’t it.
20 JBs 21 Zawisza JB’s steamrollin
22 Primos 23 Club I Primos gonzo
24 Ravens 25 PCOV PCOV is here
26Signmaster 27 NK Hey I had this one right
28 Yaletown 29 Kosova Kosovo were they in it.
30 Belmont 31 Nomads Nomads are good.
32 Westside Kn. 33 Green devils Hey I had this one right too.

Watchers new picks

18 Punjab 19 Wickham Lets lay off these guys for awhile.
20 JB’s 21 Cleos JB’s looking like a strong bet for the finals.
22 Rinos C 23 Surrey C Rinos beat Primos so the sky is the limit.
24 Cleos 25 PCOV PCOV looking to return to div 1 form.
26 Signmaster 27 NK Watcher probably suspended. NK should benefit.
28 Socceroos 29 Richmond B Roos turn to pumpkin at midnight lose glass slipper.
30 Romania 31 Nomads Nomads are good.
32 Knights 33 Green Devils Well maybe not. Knights better hope experience is trump card.

kastro23

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever, anyone says NK keeps on winning whether its a one goal game, a blowout, or as a scrap this weekend. Hey Machel did you play this weekend against the primos?? I gotta chance to see the hurricanes and would be a great game to catch when they play signmaster or NK, and theres always the tough Nomads who leave everything on the field. Gurps unfortunate about getting the worst referee in history who should off retired in 1966

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Site correct - Romania 4 - 3 Belmont

Romania is not a bad team although not good enough to go all the way I don't think. VERY opportunistic team as their goals came from half chances that they buried well...another day and this could have been 3 or 4 nothing for us.

We were having a pint later and trying to figure out if we really just lost a game we probably should have won. Still, full marks to Romania as they have good overall skill but probably not enough grit to get past some of the better div 2 teams - again, we normally win those match-ups - just not yesterday.

Female ref was awesome yesterday! Took no sh*t and when the diving and moans came from Romania she was all over it.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
08star said:
I have to say you guys are a bunch of classless hicks. Tehre were so many racial slurs from your sideline it was sick.

I find it hard to be that there were a lot of racial slurs coming off of our sideline. We may be classless Hicks, i'll give you that, but we do have E.I. players in our club and we had one of our injured div. 1 indo players basically running the sideline and doing the coaching. I would hope what you heard where taunts and general slurs and nothing of the racist kind as i find it diificult to accept our EI guys letting that shite go. YOur sideline and players weren't so innocent either as i heard at a bunch of shite labelled at me in goal.

You guys deserved to win the game as you finished on one of your chances and we were never able to. You are one of the better teams we faced this year but are by no means heads and shoulders above the Westside teams in the CAT A division. You guys should do well in Div 1 next year if you can get your guys playing with other squads back in the fold. Good luck in the next round and the rest of the way.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
YFC Cup run a short one
YFC went out early in VMSL Division 2 Cup play, losing a disappointing 2-1 match Saturday at the Strathcona Oval against a boisterous EV Socceroos squad. Fielding a weaker side initially, YFC went down early in the first half, conceding two forgettable goals on goalkeeping and defensive errors. The second half saw a goaltending change and the introduction of several of the squad's A players into the lineup. Despite having the run of the play in the second half, and a netting one goal off a fantastic strike from midfielder Justin Khouw with 15 minutes left in the match, YFC failed to net the necessary second goal to force overtime.

shite, it was so much fun, I like to read it over and over.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 2-0 over Norvan. Rescheduled to 6 p.m.(6:45kick off...) on turf, fifty feet below the snow line made for an interesting, and cold, scenario. This one was not as close as the score indicates. Three or four great saves and a couple of cross bars kept the Lions in it. Besides the curly haired centre forward, who was effective all game, the Lions could never really mount any sustained pressure. Marking him out of the game left the tabbies somewhat toothless. Except of course for the chop artist at centre back(#3). Most refs would probably have given him the boot after the third or fourth incident. However, the boozy smelling sorry excuse that we had never got past a stern warning and a finger wag. On to face the Greenies. It looks like there are several candidates fot MOTW. Could Watcher be a Kreskin-like 8 for 8 next week?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dr J

Gower is a bitch!:D

Actually pleas pass on the You Bitch call for me next time you see him. He'll know who it is

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 2-0 over Norvan. Rescheduled to 6, with a 6:45 kick off due to the prior match, made for a cold setting. This one was not as close as the score indicated as a few great saves and a couple of cross bars kept the score respectable. Aside from the curly haired centre forward,who was effective throughout, the Lions were essentially a toothless lot. Except of course for the chop artist (#3) at centre back. Most refs would have given him the boot after the third or fourth incident. However the boozy smelling sorry excuse that we had, never got past a stern warning and a finger wag. It is always a bit of an adjustment playing on turf. So it was nice to get a match in with Primos last week and JBs not too long ago. On to face the Greenies in the sweet sixteen. Many choices for MOTW. Could Watcher be a Kreskin-like 8 for 8 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0