Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 FIFA U20 World Cup

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well they did score in the 2nd, but no back flips:mad: Enjoyable team to watch, and I believe they were unlucky to be down 2-0 at half. Was it a penalty?

Typical FIFA, they do not allow any controversial replays to be shown at the venue! Just in case us Canadians incite a riot! Or there has been a previous precedent set somewhere in Europe!

I bought 3 ticket packages months ago. Show up Sunday, and who get's the loud mouth Yanks sitting right behind us! Fully decked out in Seahawks shirts, Dad,Mom, and 2 roly poly kids! Of course being American, no clue about the game, they yapped on all day! A few comments were made to the Dad, and we had a big Uraguay contingent behind us jumping up and down on the bleachers!

He voiced concern, and in their politest Spanish they, told him where to go, and how to get there. They promptly left!

So we get there today, and there back. Before kick off, some guy, basically says. He didn't give a f**k that it was the 4th, he was there to watch the games. Proceeded to give them a run down on the rules, in 2 minutes or less! If they had any questions, ask any of the soccer fans around him/them, and we would gladly answer them. Otherwise shut the f up, as he was sick of listening to them!

Never heard boo out of them the rest off the game! And they never game back for the second game!

I won't even mention some off the dumb comments they made! Hopefully they won't be back on Saturday!

Otherwise the 1st game today was crap. Second was quality! Well worth the $100 for the package!

Sherlock

May 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope I post this link correctly. It's way too friggin funny.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHdMwSiZVmY"]YouTube - Fifa World Cup U20 Nigeria-Costa Rica Streaker![/ame]

And security at RAP tonight! Holey shite - easily doubled and cops everywhere. You'd think we were a bunch of terroristic and drunken hooligans. BLoody Hell - all that for men in kilts playing bagpipes and men in dresses playing trumpets and drums. Oh yeah! and the guy dressed in his birthday suit.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah he's the only one that steps up with ALL the security there.

Fcuking classic too that the streaker rugby takles him at the knees and takes him out. :D :D

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whoops, I thought that was the youtube thread. I can't seem to find a way to delete them. Sorry.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos, I moved the 2 posts to the youtube thread for you.

Cheers,

~Regs.

PS. Good use of the reported post function :D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Swangard is hard not to love once you're there. Forest on one side and mountains and a BC Tel building on the other. The new stands are a nice addition too. It's looking really nice these days.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That must've been the most boring 45 minutes I've experienced in a long time. Does either team want to win? Canada sucks and Austria won't step up to take it away from them.

Brutal.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Something worth discussing in my opinion.

Steven Hart v Dale Mitchell: Who is better suited for the role of Nats Head Coach?

Stephen Hart gets a bunch of guys to play in the Gold Cup probably over their potential with some attractive Footy, none of the old lock down and play for the 0-0 draw...Deserved better against the Yanks in the Semi and the Yanks (on paper anyways) are supposedly a Superior side with better name recognition and talent.

Dale Mitchell, who is inheriting the Nats Job after this tournament, gets a good group of guys lead by a Premiership player in David Edgar and the slick Jaime Peters and competant Will Johnson and Jonathan Bourgault, and they can't manage to play decent, or get results against Chile(Granted historically a good side) and Austria (again, an average Euro Side) on home turf!?

Who makes this decision, and is it something that should be reviewed?

The Nats under Hart did well away from home, on hostile ground, with piss poor CONCACAF officiating (Overachieved)

The U-20's probably need a miracle to advance under Mitchell, on home turf, with good FIFA officiating from around the globe...(Way Underachieved)

Thoughts?...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It should also be noted that you would think that the U-20's would be easier to motivate and push than the Men's team, especially as Mitchell is supposed to be the guy that will be running the program in the future.

shamefull in my opinion.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk, don't get me started on the numbnuts who are calling for Mitchell's head right now and demanding he resign :rolleyes:

Stephen Hart? How's that U17 national squad doing? Oh that's right, they didn't do sweet fcuk all!

The key U20 players you mention are the sole reason they have not gotten any results. Peters? Is he even playing? :rolleyes:

If you watch these games closely, you will see that the team is well structured defensively. They move and defend as a whole unit. Everything that has gone wrong can be attributed to horrible first touches, it is as simple as that. And that is a player thing that Mitchell doesn't really have control over.

I don't know about everyone else but what I am getting from watching this squad play is that there are some HIGHLY overrated players out there.

Cheers,

~Regs.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't do much else than agree with you Regs, any sort of finish around the net and the Austria game is completely different. Can't remember what they said the percentage of shots to shots on target was, but I do remember it being worse than our D3 team last year.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know about everyone else but what I am getting from watching this squad play is that there are some HIGHLY overrated players out there.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Couldn't agree more Regs. David Edgar has been borderline horrible. maybe if he spent more time focusing on the game as opposed to moaning and shoving the opposition after every call, he'd have perfromed better. Looked very amateur for a guy who apparently has what it takes to play in the top flight in Europe.

Peeters is by far the best player I have seen in a very long time at runnign really really fast in a straight line without the ball....nuff said

Keegan Ayre looked lost when he was in the play yesterday, and invisible most of the other time....not exactly what you're looking for from your players in the centre of the park.

Finally Bjorn Borg comes on to flick on balls that have been wellied up the field over and over again.....terrible

All the hype these chumps got and this is the best effort they come up with. a lot of this goes on the players....90% I would say, but they just weren't ready to play at this level......has to do something with coaching, but by no means is Mitchell at fault solely for how shitty they are!!!!

Embarrassing showing!!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey I am in no way defending the players, don't get me wrong...

I'm just saying that with supposed "decent players" at Mitchell's disposal we haven't seen a decent result, or a decent showing.

Individually the guys like Peters, Edgar, Bourgault, Ayre, Johnson et all seem to do okay, but haven't been able to put something together as a group. Their showing against Brasil a year or two back at Swangard was embarrassing, and this result at this tourney is a joke.

So are to blame the players for not showing up? or is it a case of too much pressure for the young guys,

and did Hart have nothing to do with Canada's performance at the Gold Cup?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little off what's discussed recently but anyone notice the crowd in Edmonton yesterday ?? Fcuking shocking IMO ........ a very sparse crowd especially for Canada playing. From the highlights and all that, Swangard looks packed and all the other venues look well attended but I was really disappointed in Edmonton. For a city that claims to be the best supporting city in Canada of the sport, that was piss poor ........

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little off what's discussed recently but anyone notice the crowd in Edmonton yesterday ?? Fcuking shocking IMO ........ a very sparse crowd especially for Canada playing. From the highlights and all that, Swangard looks packed and all the other venues look well attended but I was really disappointed in Edmonton. For a city that claims to be the best supporting city in Canada of the sport, that was piss poor ........

I thought I heard them say there was 30,000 or something in attendence. However I was thinking the same thing. The far bleachers looked empty. On a more important note Canada is horrible. Oconner on the back line has fukcing brick for feet, Peters runs fast in a straight line, the rest of the team are a bunch of fukcing amateur muckers with a mediocre skill level who work hard. Sure we look organized defensively but if canada is going to be a losing low level country it least play attractive attacking soccer to get people interested like say Zambia. I know you old school guys hate the new flashy boots and all these young kids coming in trying do to much themselves but thats what canada needs. I few guys with the talent too change a game with a little flash and a little flare. Our midfield was non existent and we coudn't even complete or recieve a past. There are kids out there in Canada with this ability but for some reason or another the nationmal program is not aware of it. I want that 90 minutes of my life back for fukc sakes. Plain and simple Regs we Mitchell got outcoached and better not play that shite with the mens team. Austria was there for the taking and we sat back and played typical shite canadian soccer.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm, I didn't see Canada sit back last night at all. What I saw were continuous give aways because of a brutal first touch - Will Johnson, if I am to name names.

I will agree with you on the Oconnor (sp?) shout... I'm not impressed with this guy at all. He's from the north shore, maybe he had SirM or God forbid, Spada as a coach. :D

Stadium did fill up (31,000 was the paid attendence) in the second half... someone who went to the game posted on the Voyagers site that 6,000 will-call tickets needed to be sorted individually through a single booth - and the booth opened only an hour before kickoff. They also said only one concession stand was open. Fcuking brutal if true.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada has been shocking. The big question for Mitchell will be his ability to motivate the Men when it's seems that he was unable to do that with the U20's on their home turf. At this point these players should be ashamed. I think it would have been a stretch for them to win this tourney but a respectable showing was well in their grasp. I have been impressed with many other sides though. Great football being played overall.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
what is the concession situation at swangard?

Beer being sold and if so how much?

going tommorrow and seeing that it will be a scorcher and our seats are in the open need to know if i should "hydrate" before i go.

I have been too busy to watch much of any of the games but watched the mexico - portugal game last night and found it pretty entertaining.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't drinking last weekend, so I can't comment on prices, but people were drinking in their seats which was a nice surprise to see.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0