Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 FIFA U20 World Cup

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
what is the concession situation at swangard?

Beer being sold and if so how much?

going tommorrow and seeing that it will be a scorcher and our seats are in the open need to know if i should "hydrate" before i go.

I have been too busy to watch much of any of the games but watched the mexico - portugal game last night and found it pretty entertaining.

Beer is $6, max two per trip, but well worth it in the heat. You get it cold for a change which was quite surprising. Don't be intimidated by the super long line up, if it goes back to the merchandise stand, it sill only takes 5-10 minutes. Should be great tomorrow with the Scot's out in full force.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anybody have a clue how the 3rd place teams will be strewn about in the Round of 16?

1st place in Burnaby group plays 3rd place of A C or D, at least on the little schedule I have. Brazil is 3rd in Group D and Canada if they win tomorrow would be 3rd in Group A. Might be a pretty huge event next Wednesday if either Brazil or Canada have to come through town.

Anybody??

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anybody have a clue how the 3rd place teams will be strewn about in the Round of 16?

1st place in Burnaby group plays 3rd place of A C or D, at least on the little schedule I have. Brazil is 3rd in Group D and Canada if they win tomorrow would be 3rd in Group A. Might be a pretty huge event next Wednesday if either Brazil or Canada have to come through town.

Anybody??

I think this answers your question below the groups.

The groups:

Group A (Toronto, Edmonton):
Canada
Chile
Congo
Austria

Group B (Burnaby, Victoria):
Spain
Uruguay
Jordan
Zambia

Group C (Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton):
Portugal
New Zealand
Gambia
Mexico

Group D (Montreal, Ottawa):
Poland
Brazil
Korea Republic
USA

Group E (Ottawa, Montreal):
Argentina
Czech Republic
Korea DPR
Panama

Group F (Victoria, Burnaby):
Japan
Scotland
Nigeria
Costa Rica

The 16 teams coming from 6 groups is based on:

The ranking of each team in each group will be determined as
follows:

a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches; (win is 3 pts, tie is 1 pt).
b) goal difference in all group matches;
c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.

If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three
criteria, their rankings will be determined as follows:

d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between
the teams concerned;
e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the
teams concerned;
f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the
teams concerned;
g) Fair Play point system in which the number of yellow and red cards
are evaluated;
h) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

6. The two teams finishing first and second in each group and the four
best teams among those ranked third qualify for the round of 16.

7. The four best teams among those ranked third will be determined as
follows:
a) greater number of points obtained in all group matches;
b) goal difference resulting from all group matches;
c) greater number of goals scored in all group matches;
d) Fair Play point system in which the number of yellow and red cards
are evaluated;
e) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

---

The 16 teams that qualify from the group stage will contest the round
of 16 as follows:
A2 v. C2 = Winner 1
D1 v. 3rd from B, E or F = Winner 2
B1 v. 3rd from A, C or D = Winner 3
F1 v. E2 = Winner 4
E1 v. D2 = Winner 5
C1 v. 3rd from A, B or F = Winner 6
B2 v. F2 = Winner 7
A1 v. 3rd from C, D or E = Winner 8

The four teams that advance from the quarter-fi nals will contest the
semi-fi nals as follows:
Winner A v. Winner B
Winner C v. Winner D[/quote]

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotland implodes in injury time to not only fcuk over their supporters but Canada's hopes for advancing as well :D

A tie in that game would have meant Canada only needed to win tomorrow (I know, I know) to advance as one of the 4 3rd place squads.

Now they need big help from Portugal and hope New Zealand doesn't pull off the upset vs Mexico.

Canada will know at kick-off tomorrow what they need to do.

Any chance 30,000 will be in Commonwealth before kick-off?

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Scotland implodes in injury time not to only fcuk over their supporter but Canada's hopes for advancing as well

...and for that... see today's The Province (page A75) and see how happy the Scotland's supporters are... Where is Sir M's skirt?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and for that... see today's The Province (page A75) and see how happy the Scotland's supporters are... Where is Sir M's skirt?

Mr. Rempa, what do you think about Copa America? Some good semifinals coming up it looks like. I would like to travel to South America sometime to see those types of games. ;)

Anyway, I have heard of this photo...it is on A75...I tried to find it electronically, but no luck. Is there any type of title or caption that will help me in a search?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where did Jags find such a itsy bitsy kilt? It's like about the size of the wrappers on toffee candies my grandad always had.

:D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there somewhere I can access this photo on line Regs?

After all, Mrs. Sir M prohibits the Province from the Estate ... it's "Not our Class Dear"...(seriously). And after yesterday, with the game(s), Irish Heather, and Oliver's wedding reception, I am, well, in the guest house eating cheezies and watching a tape of Live Earth at the moment. (Madonna still does it for me BTW).

Although today while u know who went with Mummy down to Dundarave for a wax or a Fendi, someone may have snuck out for three races over at Hastings Park. Dickens and the Gnome were there. I only lost 8 bucks.

I am sure though that the Mrs and her Mama should enjoy their trip to NYC...

On Nations Cup weekend... :wa:

(Dont tell...)

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
A big disappointment from our U-20's!! I honestly didn't see any (ok Peters had glimpses) dangerous players out there.I think Mr.Ed has a better first touch than our young Canucks!! Go senior team go!!

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A real motley crew in the photo: bear cubs, OBE's... the whole gamut of nefarious characters -- it looks like the spirit of anti-fan was in full bloom there too (if you look closely you can actually see his legs lying in behind Besty). I am absolutely positive it was taken hours before kick-off -- some eyes are still open and focusing.

I always wanted to know what a "modesty panel" was... thank-you for that Jags. What a sight to wake up to on Soccer Day in Canada.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brazil vs. Spain at Swangard on Wednesday. Kinda hard to fathom - the ole grandstand on Boundary will have a bit of talent on the pitch.

Sandman

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a shambles...Embarrassing display by Canada. Lombardo should have scored 3 or 4 from those free headers.
Will Johnson's crossing seemed to have left him around the 60th minute
Peters was mostly useless

What was Begovic thinking!!??

At least Bourgault made a few nice stops in goals after Begovic was sent off...

shamefull.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the best way to describe this tournament is an unmitigated disaster. It was a debacle from start to finish. In typical Canadian fashion, you've got Forrest (during the game) and then those 2 idiots Howard and Lenarduzzi after the game saying we've got to be proud of the effort the boys put out in the last game.......oh really fellas?? Actually no we don't!! Effort is expected, not something you should be grateful for. And to be quite honest I didn't think it was all that great yesterday either. It was better than the first 2 games, but that's not saying much.

Long, long, LONG way to go to compete at this level. I weep for the future if this is the best group of under 20 players this country has to offer!!!!

DISGRACEFUL!!!:bronco:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0