Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Provincial B CUP - KAKA talking

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats to the dragons. different class on sunday. But that's to be expected. Has anyone else one two provincials in a row?

Kusch was dominating but where did number 21 come from? 7 goals for him. Probably golden boot winner.

Harps will be back next year:bronco:

It would have been done before by Richmond Town but after winning the QUAD for the first time, we decided to disband the team in order to make it fair for the other teams. It would have been boring winning all 4 back to back.

Having said that, well done to the Dragons. I'm sure the guys will do well in the Over 35s. BTW, what division do you have to start in Dragons? :confused:

Showtime

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know why everyone thinks we are going to the Over 35's, we aren't going anywhere. We'll be back in the Richmond Premier league next year!

Congrats to all the Richmond teams, great showing this weekend. See you next season.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know why everyone thinks we are going to the Over 35's, we aren't going anywhere. We'll be back in the Richmond Premier league next year!

Congrats to all the Richmond teams, great showing this weekend. See you next season.

and in the b cup not the a cup?? wow big fish small pond :). im thinking our mission team should change our name and play in div 3 next year, nah we'll play div1 and no b cup. nonetheless congrats on beating teams who obviously cant compete at the richmond level

Mr. X

Nov 29, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The top 3 Richmond div 1 teams could likely compete in the B cup. They probably wouldn't get to the semis but I doubt they'd be embarrassed in the opening rounds. Maybe the Richmond Prem should look at going to A forms. I have no idea how they'd fare in that cup but maybe it would attract some even better A form players to Richmond?

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great job Noel, Doug, Kirby, and Jan. Tournament was the most organized compared to previous ones.

With possibly 7 forty years olds on the team next September, there's no A forms in the future for this team. The 35 year olds on the team sure helps bring the average age down to an acceptable level.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The top 3 Richmond div 1 teams could likely compete in the B cup. They probably wouldn't get to the semis but I doubt they'd be embarrassed in the opening rounds. Maybe the Richmond Prem should look at going to A forms. I have no idea how they'd fare in that cup but maybe it would attract some even better A form players to Richmond?

What makes more sense is that the FVSL Div 1 and VMSL div 1 get honest with themselves and sign to B Forms, instead of A Forms. Who are they kidding to be on A Forms? FVSL Premier has a tough enough time getting past the VMSL premier teams so why on Earth do FVSL and VMSL have their Div 1's even trying.
IMO, the best thing for all would be that those 2 leagues get their first divisions on B Forms, we keep our guys on B forms, you'd have VISL div 2 on B's, BBY Men's on B's and whoever else on B's. The competition would be 1000 times better and more realistic. If BCSA needs to create a C cup for the div 2 guys, then that can be done.
But this nonsense of VMSL and FVSL Div 1 on A forms is a head scratcher, for sure.

Thanks to all that attended the competition and supported the event. We had a great time doing it.
I hope that all teams had a positive experience at our event. This was our first time planning and executing an event of this magnitude so a little feedback is appreciated.

BTW: To answer all of this nonsense about why we don't put our guys on A's:
We have 1 team that can compete at that level; no disrespect to the rest of the division but facts are facts.
You don't go and put an entire division on A forms when only 1 can play to that level. Even if we were that stupid, it can't be done.

Mr. X

Nov 29, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
What makes more sense is that the FVSL Div 1 and VMSL div 1 get honest with themselves and sign to B Forms, instead of A Forms. Who are they kidding to be on A Forms? FVSL Premier has a tough enough time getting past the VMSL premier teams so why on Earth do FVSL and VMSL have their Div 1's even trying.
IMO, the best thing for all would be that those 2 leagues get their first divisions on B Forms, we keep our guys on B forms, you'd have VISL div 2 on B's, BBY Men's on B's and whoever else on B's. The competition would be 1000 times better and more realistic. If BCSA needs to create a C cup for the div 2 guys, then that can be done.
But this nonsense of VMSL and FVSL Div 1 on A forms is a head scratcher, for sure.

Thanks to all that attended the competition and supported the event. We had a great time doing it.
I hope that all teams had a positive experience at our event. This was our first time planning and executing an event of this magnitude so a little feedback is appreciated.

We have 1 team that can compete at that level; no disrespect to the rest of the division but facts are facts.
You don't go and put an entire division on A forms when only 1 can play to that level. Even if we were that stupid, it can't be done.

Fair enough. That's actually a good point regarding the div 1 teams. Really they have no chance of ever winning the A cup. Has a div 1 team ever won it or even made the semis?

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Lev, Ninj, Kuschy, Toddy, Panger, McBeckham, Junger, JT and the rest of the Dragons on back to back provincial Championships.

What's the chance that we get to defend our Nations Cup O30's championship from 2006 this year?

Gilly

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

There is a simple reason.... BC SOCCER allocates your Provincial births based on the # of teams/players you have registered on each particular form.

The FVSL wants as many births as possible so they need to keep the qty up, or make their premier division larger.

My D1 team wouldn't stand a chance vs. probably any of the VMSL premier teams let alone our FVSL premier teams, but I wouldn't accept anything less than a A Form simply to allow my guys, and our team the chance to compete at a higher level. Ultimately if your playing D1 anywhere thats what I hope you are there for....playing vs. Premier teams, and eventually being a premier team capable of competing...

my 2.5 cents.

Congrats to the Dragons, and good efforts Strikers and Mission on behalf of the FVSL.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Canucklehead,

Couldn't disagree more.......Division One teams in the VMSL enter the Imperial Cup to try and get to the Provincials. Does it happen? Of course it does. It doesn't happen that often but it does. I can't comment much on the FVSL division one because I've never seen a team from there.....but I'm sure they go on 'A' forms for the same reason, the chance of an upset and possibility of making the Provincial games.

Who played in the English F.A. Cup final this year? Who were the 4 teams in the semi-finals? Who did Barnsley beat to get to the final 4 of the tournament? Chelsea and Liverpool? Why would a Championship team want to enter a tournament like the F.A. Cup when they should be on 'B' forms?

Sunday, 06 April 2008
Barnsley0-1
(HT 0-1) Cardiff Ledley 9
Bookings:
Kozluk 21
Campbell-Ryce 82
Bookings:
Whittingham 63
McPhail 77
o.gif

Saturday, 05 April 2008
West Brom0-1
(HT 0-0) Portsmouth Kanu 54
Bookings:
Baros 35
o.gif

Sunday, 09 March 2008
Bristol Rovers1-5
(HT 1-2) West BromColes 31
Morrison 16
Miller 30
Miller 69
Phillips 73
Miller 85
o.gif

Middlesbrough0-2
(HT 0-2) Cardiff Whittingham 9
Johnson 23
Bookings:
Rochemback 24
O'Neil 30
Huth 65
Bookings:
Parry 65
o.gif

Saturday, 08 March 2008
Barnsley1-0
(HT 0-0) ChelseaOdejayi 66
Bookings:
Kozluk 54
Bookings:
Carvalho 90
o.gif

Man Utd0-1
(HT 0-0) Portsmouth Muntari (pen) 78
Bookings:
Rooney 21
Bookings:
Diop 11
Diarra 39
Sent off:
Kuszczak 76
o.gif

Wednesday, 27 February 2008
Middlesbrough1-0
(HT 0-0) Sheff UtdKenny o.g. 114
Bookings:
Hines 30
Pogatetz 41
Downing 102
Bookings:
Naysmith 35
Morgan 40
Geary 55
Quinn 74
o.gif

After Extra Time

Honestly, Division 2 teams in the VMSL used to be allowed to enter the Imperial Cup if they chose that route.

As for the 'B' Cup which was just completed. It's rare that a team like the Dragons comes around but I don't believe the reason for them playing in the Richmond League is to destroy everyone and win a 'B' Cup every year. I think it is just a better fit for their guys in the stages of life they're in. If they were doing it to win the 'B' cup every year, that would be pathetic. They're not though so let them continue to play with their pals and win trophies. We all know they are nowhere near as good as the 2000 Quad winning Richmond Town team but they're not too far off.

TMA

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Noel, Kirby and Jan for organizing an excellent tournament. It is the best I have attended in recent years-well done!!!!

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't disagree more.......Division One teams in the VMSL enter the Imperial Cup to try and get to the Provincials. Does it happen? Of course it does. It doesn't happen that often but it does.
.....I think it is just a better fit for their guys in the stages of life they're in. quote]

I couldn't agree more CS. Back in my FVSL days our Div 2 team made it to the final 4 of the major FVSL cups and we beat the premier teams to get there. We lost in PK's to the top premier team of the era. It gives the teams the chance to compete against higher competition.

Why did I move to RSSL? Your second quote partially sums up my opinion of the league. It is a better fit for guys at a certain stage in their lives. Plus the Rovers teams of 5-7 years ago were a strong team with very good players. The Dragons are a very good team enjoying the game in a league that best fits their lives. They have brought the level of play up in the division, the league and the "B" Cup. So instead of whining about it, why don't the other teams bring their games up to the next level? Anyone is beatable on any given day....

Goalsmith

May 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great tournament. We finished 2nd in our group and battled hard. And then we ripped it up Saturday night. Thanks everyone. From what I saw a classy display by all the teams and players involved. Congratulations to the Dragons, and as well Ante Up for making the finals. That is also a good accomplishment.

Although there was one particular ref that didn't quite get it. What a fat arrogant dick he was.

Lots of debate about A cup and B cup. I sort of see both sides of the argument. However, we played Ante Up, and I wouldn't be surprised if they could compete with our middle-pack first division teams. And apparently they had two of their best players suspended.

And we hold the A Cup here on the Island. So really, every year there are only 1-2 teams in each league that have a real chance of winning the A Cup prize.

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Lev, Ninj, Kuschy, Toddy, Panger, McBeckham, Junger, JT and the rest of the Dragons on back to back provincial Championships.

What's the chance that we get to defend our Nations Cup O30's championship from 2006 this year?

Gilly

Thanks gilly. We would love to have our spot back in Nations. Levitt doesn't like our chances unless someone drops out. They should drop the fourth place team in each group every year and get two new teams. This way the tourney stays fresh and the 3rd games mean something. Also weird not having a team Canada in the over 30 category.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the Dragons for yet another fine season. It's added incentive for all of us others teams to be more competitive and fit next year.

I know that the topic's been brought up before, by why in God's green grass do they have us playing so many games in such a short time frame?

It might be fun as a spectator to watch so many game packed in to a weekend, but to play it's absolutely crippling.

To me, an Imperial Cup type of format makes a hell of a lot more sense.

And thanks again to the tourney organizers for a job well done. Canucklehead, your taste in music stinks though.:wa:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with Tuna on that last note, my body is in so much pain I couldn't walk properly yesterday, spent over 1.5 hours in the hot tub and still am hurting today. You really do need a team of 18-19 to win it (or be in ridiculously good shape) as trying with 13 (and one is a back up keeper) just doesn't work. Would be nice to have sooner or over a longer period of time but Canucklehead explained to me why it doesn't happen which sucks but makes sense. Good job Ante Up, Dragons for making the final, two solid teams from what I saw (and played). Great job to RRSL for putting on the event, Hugh Boyd was the perfect venue and was very well run with great refs. Too bad we won't be back next year.

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
what about lumping all teams on the B form and have Imperial Cup style tourney. Then those who want to challenge their team on the A form gets to choose to go to the A Cup. In reality, there's probably only 20 teams in the whole province that should be on the A form.

Canucklehead and the rest of the executives did are superb job. Doug looked great after his heart attack and Kirby looked great being pregnant looking. Where did that belly come from?

Until September. Denis the penis and the rest of the Harps will be on a strict guiness and anger diet for the next few months so look out.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0