Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Provincial B CUP - KAKA talking

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks gilly. We would love to have our spot back in Nations. Levitt doesn't like our chances unless someone drops out. They should drop the fourth place team in each group every year and get two new teams. This way the tourney stays fresh and the 3rd games mean something. Also weird not having a team Canada in the over 30 category.

You probably shouldn't have given up the spot.............it would have been VERY easy to find 16 other players other than the Dragons to play for Canada Over-30s..........by tactical error.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would have been easy if you didn't tell the players that they wouldn't be needed the following year. Imagine trying to put the team together last year and then having to be the arsehole to 'cut' them all when this year rolled around.

I wouldn't want to be that guy and respectfully declined when the Dragons did in fact ask me to be that guy :)

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
what really stank was those porta-potties after 3 days. Beer goes down good, but you really pay when it comes out

I got wise and started using the "executive facilities" over in the Scout Hall. Noel shooed me out on a couple of occasions, although I did manage to drop the kids off at the pool when it really counted.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Closing time was way too quick after our last game. Shame on the City of Richmond.

Shame on the Richmond RCMP, actually:mad:
I donn't know what the issue was with them, but we couldn't get past 9PM. Which sucked for the teams that played last on Friday and Saturday.
With this one under our belt, maybe next time we can get a later time.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What makes more sense is that the FVSL Div 1 and VMSL div 1 get honest with themselves and sign to B Forms, instead of A Forms. Who are they kidding to be on A Forms? FVSL Premier has a tough enough time getting past the VMSL premier teams so why on Earth do FVSL and VMSL have their Div 1's even trying.
IMO, the best thing for all would be that those 2 leagues get their first divisions on B Forms, we keep our guys on B forms, you'd have VISL div 2 on B's, BBY Men's on B's and whoever else on B's. The competition would be 1000 times better and more realistic. If BCSA needs to create a C cup for the div 2 guys, then that can be done.
But this nonsense of VMSL and FVSL Div 1 on A forms is a head scratcher, for sure.

I wanted to clarify something from my post:
In the VMSL Division 1, there are definitely teams that can compete with the "A" teams. There are 20 teams in VMSL Div 1 and 10 of them should be there.
And then there is the FVSL. Again, 20 teams but being truthful, how many are A form caliber' even if they were able to attract some of the better players? Maybe, their top 4.
FVSL have 16 teams that have zero chance of competing for a title and the VMSL have 10. If teams want to have the opertunity to play to a higher caliber, then I think that Pak-Cup and Imperial Cup are the way that they can go about that.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a simple reason.... BC SOCCER allocates your Provincial births based on the # of teams/players you have registered on each particular form.

The FVSL wants as many births as possible so they need to keep the qty up, or make their premier division larger.

My D1 team wouldn't stand a chance vs. probably any of the VMSL premier teams let alone our FVSL premier teams, but I wouldn't accept anything less than a A Form simply to allow my guys, and our team the chance to compete at a higher level. Ultimately if your playing D1 anywhere thats what I hope you are there for....playing vs. Premier teams, and eventually being a premier team capable of competing...

my 2.5 cents.
Fair enough Suburbanator, but what do you think is going through the heads of the Premier squad that is facing a mid-to-low end D1 team? Do you think that they are happy playing a far weaker team? With the argument of "any team can win on any day" cast aside, how often does that happen? So, doesn't that cheapen the quality of playing Premier level soccer?

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
$4 cans of Canadian..........not a great deal at the beer garden............$4 bottles of cider............:(

That's fine. When you decide to host a competition, I am sure you will be willing to give the stuff away. It's not like we didn't had costs to try and recover.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0